Ridir
Semper Fi!
+48|6766
National Guard bombing Range in NJ has several communities closing in around it, buying up land and developing it knowing there is an active range there.  When acidents happen they call for the base's closure instead of saying, "Hey, look at us being idiots and buying a house right next to a live range where they shoot live rounds!"  Now some things are absolutely stupid on the National Guardsmen part such as wanting to light up the elementry school with the laser (instead shooting off 25 rounds out of the cannon), come on now, common sense says no sir.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18758467/

edit:  the stand points of the people is what the title of the thread talks about.

Last edited by Ridir (2007-05-19 22:58:05)

acEofspadEs6313
Shiny! Let's be bad guys.
+102|6695|NAS Jacksonville, Florida
Sounds familiar to people who buy houses next to airports and complain about the noise of the planes flying over all day.
elstonieo
Oil 4 Euros not $$$
+20|6340|EsSeX
how about not letting people buy the land within xmiles (safe distance) of an active range
surely that would help ?
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6777|Noizyland

Have no restrictions on where the National Guardsmen can aim their weapons and let the problem solve itself.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Ridir
Semper Fi!
+48|6766
People want to buy the land because it is cheap, the government was forced, I believe, to sell it by lawsuits or a law that was passed.  I think it had something to do with all of those base closures and what not trying to reduce the military cost all around so they had to give up the extra land to make the budget look better.
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6396|The Gem Saloon

acEofspadEs6313 wrote:

Sounds familiar to people who buy houses next to airports and complain about the noise of the planes flying over all day.
or the people the buy houses in flood plains, and then curse god when there shit is full of water.....go figure.
bob_6012
Resident M-14 fanatic
+59|6657|Lancaster Ohio, USA
The mentality of people never ceases to amaze me. Why would you buy a house that close to an live fire range? Even if they didn't know I believe that it is the Realtors job, or whoever sells them the house, to tell them out right that it is close to a firing range so perhaps they can think about not purchasing, but unfortunately in today's world it's all about the all-mighty dollar so that ends that. This does fall into the same category with airports, without the shooting of course. I myself am a pilot and have seen firsthand the housing developments encroach on the airports, my local airport has part of it's flight path, the landing portion none the less, right over homes. I have heard about people complaining but I always ignore it. The closer people get to things like airports and firing ranges the closer we get to the day when something really bad happens and a lot of people get hurt.
Reciprocity
+721|6583|the dank(super) side of Oregon
a few NASCAR tracks on the east coast have the same problem.  People buying houses next to the track and then complaining about the noise.

but like others have said, the same goes for assholes who live in Florida of Lousiana and are then surprised when a Hurricane wrecks their house.  Or people who live in Tornado Alley, gee, I wonder why they call it tornado alley?
agent146
+127|6389|Jesus Land aka Canada

Parker wrote:

acEofspadEs6313 wrote:

or the people the buy houses in flood plains, and then curse god when there shit is full of water.....go figure.
but the pricing was SOO cheap 
Anfidurl
Use the bumper, that's what its for!
+103|6595|Lexington, Kentucky

Parker wrote:

acEofspadEs6313 wrote:

This is why smart people build houses that can survive a flood with little damage.

As for the people buying houses, I think it's partly their stupidity for rushing in to a place that is *very cheap*, and partly the realtor's fault for trying to pass it off as not being dangerously close to live fire.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard