Phatso
The Moisture
+49|6713|South Africa
Hey everyone.

After much anticipation ( )  i have finally released my first BF2 video.

Sony Vegas is not a very easy program to learn. Especially if you have zero video editing experience.
That being said, i have really put a lot of effort into getting this vid done.

Getting a chopper alone to solo is one thing, but then FRAPSing every shot and trying to find the best ones whilst trying not to rip my hair out is also quite a challenge

Compression is also a big problem (thus the swak quality). The original, crystal clear version is 677 MB...
And the only compression i could seem to use was Window Movie Maker.
That, combined with YouTube, really eats the quality.
For that i am sorry.

Please feel free to leave constructive comments and/or advice.
Do not judge the vid on the quality please....

If enough people watch the vid, i will find somewhere to upload a better quality version.

So without further adue, here it is :

Go Go Solo

Enjoy! 

Last edited by Phatso (2007-05-19 04:19:34)

Raphi
Banned
+354|6276|Basel, Switzerland
Well done.

It's your first video with vegas. I made min 1 day ago (link is in my sig)

The music sucks but the rest is good.
Jameseyy
Banned
+108|6246|Scotland!
Upload to FILEPLANET, that way you can stream and download from the same place. I'll wait for a non youtube version before I watch it.

Last edited by Jameseyy (2007-05-19 04:55:37)

Th3PredatoR
Taking smurfs to school since 2005™
+11|6468

Jameseyy wrote:

Upload to rapidshare, that way you can stream and download from the same place. I'll wait for a non youtube version before I watch it.
<3

Last edited by Th3PredatoR (2007-05-19 04:56:32)

Jameseyy
Banned
+108|6246|Scotland!

Th3PredatoR wrote:

Jameseyy wrote:

Upload to rapidshare, that way you can stream and download from the same place. I'll wait for a non youtube version before I watch it.
Stream on rapidshare? I don't think so.
fixed. I get confused.
jord
+2,382|6696|The North, beyond the wall.
It was pretty good, at least you streamed it so people don't need to download.

Is that the Matrix theme?
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6664
meh, easy shots.
elite.mafia
Banned
+122|6472|USA
you're style of gunning is sketchy...
lxcpikiman
imbad @ bf2
+70|6613|Toronto-Canada
sorry but only one chopper tried to dodge ur shot, there other shots were basics.
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6590

Easy shots, any decent gunner or solo pilot could take you out no trouble at all. Not bad with the video though.
Emil
Teh strogg!
+205|6497|Trondheim, Norway
Seriously;

- Most shots was easy, no really hard
- Boring, same things over and over again
- Music sucked, and it was absolutley no syncronizing with the movie

2/10 ...
=Karma-Kills=
"Don't post while intoxicated."
+356|6602|England
Twas k, +1 for the effort.

Though as a general tip, when its 2 v 1. You should start to roll, switch to TV, shoot, and then quickly go back to piolot - that way you don't just sit there like a lemon whil you TV - making you a nice easy target.

PS

"you know, you can fix the hitbox...

go see this file-> C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\Settings and open ''Usersettings.con''

now change ''SettingsManager.floatSet GSDefaultLatencyCompensation 0.100000''

make the 0.100000 as your ping. example i have a ping of 25/30 so i make it like 0.030000 this mean that i have a ping of 25/30"

o.O
znozer
Viking fool - Crazy SWE
+162|6562|Sverige (SWE)
Good choice of music +1 for the effort....
Phatso
The Moisture
+49|6713|South Africa
Thanks to all for the honest criticism.

To the following : Ajax, lxcpikiman and expecially emil_the_whatever (2/10) as harsh as your criticism is, i thank you for it.

Back to the drawing board then...

(BTW, our servers don't have BR and i can't FRAPS 20mins of footage (20GB vid file). That and the fact that the vid took me about 2 months to make almost make it quite sad to hear such things.)

Anyways, i did ask, and i did receive. For those of you saying it sucked, pls PM me your vid. The shots were all easy? Ok. Thanks. IMHO, about 20% of the shots were quite easy (esp the hitbox ones and the jet sideprofiled)

Maybe the lack of cool effects and high quality make it look like shit. Someone direct me to a nice Vegas 7 guide please...

Thanks again
[TUF]Whiskey_Oktober
mmmm...Toasty!
+91|6740|Oregon
my ears are bleeding...stop the music!

the thing that made everyone dislike it so much is that we have all seen something nearly exactly like it 1000 times before.

and no, i disagree about the effects.

the things that made it not so good is the lack of different camera angles/BR. if your server doesn't have it, find one that does. good camera-work makes or breaks the movie, and on this one, it broke it (along with the music).

some of the shots were easy, but there were a good number of challenging ones in there. what you have to do is pick the ones that look the coolest/seem to have the most skill involved and go from there.

and get rid of that Vegas crap...get Premiere Pro.
=Karma-Kills=
"Don't post while intoxicated."
+356|6602|England
At least it was FRAPS first person - please NEVER use battle recorded I (at least) HATE IT!

[TUF]Whiskey_Oktober
mmmm...Toasty!
+91|6740|Oregon
you need to learn how to use it...it takes time to figure out the controls and make it all look nice. external views are much better then all 1st person.
OZONE#1
Banned
+5|6219

Phatso wrote:

Hey everyone.

After much anticipation ( )  i have finally released my first BF2 video.

Sony Vegas is not a very easy program to learn. Especially if you have zero video editing experience.
That being said, i have really put a lot of effort into getting this vid done.

Getting a chopper alone to solo is one thing, but then FRAPSing every shot and trying to find the best ones whilst trying not to rip my hair out is also quite a challenge

Compression is also a big problem (thus the swak quality). The original, crystal clear version is 677 MB...
And the only compression i could seem to use was Window Movie Maker.
That, combined with YouTube, really eats the quality.
For that i am sorry.

Please feel free to leave constructive comments and/or advice.
Do not judge the vid on the quality please....

If enough people watch the vid, i will find somewhere to upload a better quality version.

So without further adue, here it is :

Go Go Solo

Enjoy! 
Personally I didint like it all average shots for me get fast slides and crazy rolls then its fun and the music was insanely annoying 1+ for effort tho.
Jameseyy
Banned
+108|6246|Scotland!

[TUF]Whiskey_Oktober wrote:

you need to learn how to use it...it takes time to figure out the controls and make it all look nice. external views are much better then all 1st person.
In your opinion.

I like first person much better than BR footage.
Emil
Teh strogg!
+205|6497|Trondheim, Norway
Okay I'm not an expert at making videos, as my current computer isn't good enough for fraps (buying new soon). But I can give you links to some really good videos, that i would have given from 7 up to 10, I think you can learn really much from them! (Just PM me)

And lately I maybe wasn't giving you criticism that was very constructive... I said what was bad, but well here's some tips of what to do better:

- As you might have understand now, not many liked the music.
- Also one of the really good things about videos, is when they are syncronized with the music, this can even make bad music better in some way ( ), this means: Try keep the footage going in the same speed as the music! If there's any effects in the music, you can try set something special or maybe some effects at that moment, syncronized with the music effect of course. etc. (Look closely for this in the videos I give you link to), Also if you put on a new song you can do a change in scene, like new map, or from helo to infing etc.
- Try mixing a bit... don't have only you shooting down helo's etc. try put in some other shots, maybe even stunts, whatever you find to spice it a bit up

Hope this can help you, and I really recommend you PM me

Edit; upload it to filefront next time much higher quality stream than youtube + download

Emil.

Last edited by Emil_the_Slayer (2007-05-19 16:31:57)

De_Jappe
Triarii
+432|6545|Belgium

I liked it!

The music wasn't that bad, the rhythm was good, the electronic sound in that song can be a bit annoying . A few moments seemed synchronized, don't know if that was purpose

A lot of material on a lot of maps! I really like that. There were a lot of kills in it for a 3 minute video! (which is also good).

Maybe not all targets were that difficult (like a tank not moving), but I disagree with those saying it was all very easy. The one under him on kubra for example isn't as easy as he made it look. Some were on a short distance, which is harder when soloing than shooting a 400m target. Another thing is: to survive you have to make sure you spot them before they spot you, which was the case in half of his shots. That just shows he knows what he is doing.

For me the video could have been another 2 minutes!

So I would give it a 7/10 which is not bad for a first vid!
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6609|Reisterstown, MD

Bad music but pretty good movie for the most part.
Phatso
The Moisture
+49|6713|South Africa
+1 to Emil, thats better. I see that the music and lack of BR/special effects has maybe affected how much people like the vid. Also, i have watched many (like every single one of) the soloing vids made.

I think what made Redux's Duck n Cover so good was :
1. The music - "Spitfire" had never been used before so it had a serious impact. Everyone went mad for it.
2. Soloing had never taking off really - When it was made, soloing was not even a thought to most of us. This is also why the video had such a high WOW factor.

+1 to De_Jappe, thanks dude . You seemed to pick up everything i thought was good about my vid ie : there were a few synchs, lots of maps, lots of kills, short distance shots, top down shots etc...

Will need to speak to our admins to get BR working on our servers...

blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6663

Ersguterjunge wrote:

Well done.

It's your first video with vegas. I made min 1 day ago (link is in my sig)

The music sucks but the rest is good.
I was just gonna say that the music sucks but everything else is good
[AH1z]PJ
+75|6375
cool song, easy shots but the vid wasnt boring

pretty good for ur first vid

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard