Sh4rkb1t3
+6|6686
Alright, heres what happened.  Some noob flew his jet over to the USMC aircraft carrier in Wake Island 2007.  I was in a helicopter at the time, trying to take off.  I saw him swoop down, trying to get me with his bombs.  So I quickly switched to the minigun seat of the helicopter (it was a transport helicopter).  I took aim at the cockpit of his jet, and nailed it about 50 times.  Finally, it says that I killed him, but his jet was still intact, and coming right for me!  So his jet crashed into my chopper, and I died, and lost the 2 points I got from killing him   This is why I suggested that you deserve 30 points for shooting down a jet.

I bet no one has ever done anything NEARLY as cool as that.

Last edited by Sh4rkb1t3 (2006-01-22 15:34:49)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

Happened to me with a jet and a helo.
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6849|San Francisco

I killed a plane with my L85A1 once, from one of the back seats of a blackhawk as well!
divided
Clear!
+3|6774
it's pretty easy to tv missile jets that are coming straight at you and are moving straight away from you.
Sh4rkb1t3
+6|6686
yeah, probably when it had half a health bar left
-=|BW|=-Hollow_Moon
+5|6756
I think (especialy after tis new patch & the improved crapness of helicopters) That you should get more points for taking out planes with anything other than a plane. 1000points for doing it with a knife
2ndLt.Tucker
If you can read this, your already dead
+33|6684|Stillwater, Ok
Heh i shot a pilot out of his jet with the tanks secondary wep.  Plane just floated to the ground.  But then again ive also been sniped out of my jet on a bombing run.  It happens
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6707|Antarctica
I killed a jet with a TV missle before unfortunately his wreckage still flew into us (he was trying to ram) and we died 1 second later
Silverwolf
+0|6683
yeh i think i've splashed 2 bombers and a fighter with attack helos now, using the hydra rockets. Got the fighter as it was doing a slow run over the airfield, to repair I guess, just spammed hydras in his path of travel, the bombers I got while they were trying to do bombing passes, same thing, just spammed their line of travel.
vedds
+52|6756|Christchurch New Zealand
i monstered a jet that was divebombing me with the missile from the lav once on clean sweep.

man was that a great feeling
nalta
+0|6721
i already twiced killed jet with a tank shell. First time the plane was a f-15 or something (the ones which can hover) and was searching for a parking lot directly in front of me...

the second one was bombing me and i shot him after he threw his bombs...though he killed me, it was funny as hell.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

Sh4rkb1t3 - "I bet no one has ever done anything NEARLY as cool as that"

You might not want to bet too much.
JimCognito
+10|6682
There aren't many things more satisfying in this game right now for me than taking down a jet with the AA.  I know once the new patch comes out it will be a lot easier, but right now its too damn satisfying.  AA has been my favortie part of Battlefield since I first got BF42
CackNBallz
+45|6744|Toronto, Canada
I have taken out jets with SRAWs and Eryxs several times now.  Especially the idiots that are slowing down to hover.

My coolest and most memorable jet kill was on the crane that is over the Lower Dam CP.  I was on the crane chucking C4 to blow up passing vehicles and armour.  Well a bomber was passing under the crane at full speed (no afterburner that I could tell from my perspective). I threw one and blew it in midair with great timing and it made him catch fire and die. It was so awesome to witness.

JimCognito, AA kills are indeed very satisfying.  I have killed over three dozen jets with the stingers\IGLAs but my primary kills have been against helicopters and infantry or vehicles that were close to the AA implacements.  I don't like the Mobile AAs much since they are primary targets for jets.  With my experience with AA, I know now how to approach those implacements for optimal dive bombing and avoid their fire.  A lot of the emplacements have obstructions like I-beams sticking out, trees, walls, or buildings in the way.  So when the new patch comes out, I will probably not be affected by it much when I fly a jet.
Sh4rkb1t3
+6|6686

usmarine2005 wrote:

Sh4rkb1t3 - "I bet no one has ever done anything NEARLY as cool as that"

You might not want to bet too much.
Yeah but there is more too it than just the actual killing.  My reflexes were so good I was able to press F2, THEN shoot down the plane

Oh yeah, I can garentee that the new patch won't help at all with the AA against jets.  I just know it... its too good to be true.  Something HAS to go wrong here.

Last edited by Sh4rkb1t3 (2006-01-22 18:27:43)

crotchlemur
+8|6686|The Lemur's Den
i've shot down a couple jets with tank shells.  at least twice the wreck plowed into me or my teammate next to me.

It was alot easier to shoot down jets back in Desert Combat.  Any asshat looking for an easy kill would get smoked by my T-72 and start to whine about it.  i had an absolutely beautiful shot on el alamein with an a10 circling for another pass.  I took a quick shot leading him a bit as he disappeared off into the distance and then I went about my business.  a couple seconds later,  Crotchlemur [T-72] a$$h@     At least he had the common courtesy to recognize the Lemur's mad skilz and say "Hey man, nice shot"

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard