irondentist
+0|6807
Check my stats to verify.
bigsteveooooo
+1|6813|Wirral, UK
we could do with a link
irondentist
+0|6807
I guess theres a few days delay before its posted but check irondentist on BF2S.com and you will see a few days ago I was well on my way to this ribbon.
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6849|Missoula, MT
Dude, impressive ratio of Commander hours to the rest of your hours.  Nice.  I should work at that more...seeing as how it's in my name and all.
bigsteveooooo
+1|6813|Wirral, UK
http://bf2s.com/player/irondentist/

your waaay back in the queue, but well done anyway.
US|dirtysouth
purple sticky punch
+0|6822|englewood FL.
dam son very nice!!   i like the win to los ratio...go look at mine
McCullough
+7|6846
I dont think i ever gona get that beautiful ribbon. Why? Because i hate being commander with squads ´that not following orders and jerks that run sraight into my arty and so on. But i'm very impressed by those who manage to be a succesfull commander as yourself. Congrats. (Excuse my bad english)
irondentist
+0|6807
I will post tips on how to get this ribbon.  Its easy if your starting out, just very tedious and not that fun.
Hyper_Dude
+5|6831|United Knigdom
I'm not going to get this ribbon either, the win to loss ratio of 3 or greater seems so hard. I'm on about 200 wins, 170 losses.

Congrats to you though mate, impressive stats.
Scotlandsfinest
+2|6815|Edinburgh, Scotland
now i may have people call me names and stuff but what the heck do you get the war college ribbon for???
Scotlandsfinest
+2|6815|Edinburgh, Scotland
Cancel that, I have found it....I will have to play this game for a much longer time before i'll be getting opne of those!!
bigsteveooooo
+1|6813|Wirral, UK

Scotlandsfinest wrote:

now i may have people call me names and stuff but what the heck do you get the war college ribbon for???
http://ubar.bf2s.com/ribbons.php

See the bottom of that page
irondentist
+0|6807
Finally got a link thanks to WebWiper.- http://www.webwiper.be/player.php?pid=irondentist

Here are my tips on getting this ribbon.

Win/Loss Ratio greater than 3 - This is fairly easy to accomplish specially if your starting a new account, but virtually impossible if you have a mature account with over a thousand losses.  To be on the winning side, go on a server and simply switch to the side currently winning substantially.  Be mindful of flags already capped because I dont know how many times I joined the winning side pointwise only to lose because the majority of the flags were already held by the other side.  Also, you can only switch once and autobalance will always place you on the losing side.

Commander Hours of 50 - This is also easy to accomplish particularly if you join a large map with few players.  An added benefit is usually the commander position has not been filled so check your squad window.

Commander Score of 45 in one round - This means before it is doubled at the end of the round.  But not that difficult if you join a large map with few players.

Tips on being a Good Commander - Be an Engineer or a Medic so you can see on the map if your soldier's health/armor are depleted.  Hide under a structure that cant be reached by artillery.  Drop supplies ahead of your squads if their heading towards guarded flags so they can heal during battle.  Use artillery away from your squads no matter how tempting it is to strike a cluster of 20  enemies in the middle of your squads.  My favorite targets are lonewolves trying to cap a flag by themselves and snipers because they remain at the same spot long enough for arty to arrive.  Your main enemy as a commander are spec ops blowing up your UAV and SAT and reloading their C4's once you drop a box to heal your assets.  They are pests.  Assign a chopper to blow them away or most satisfying arty them while they are still.

Benefits of being a commander of course are the high Kill/Death ratio and the star medals at the end of the round.  Also it is much easier to achive badges with each kit because arty kills are counted as regular kills.  Good luck with youre quest to get this ribbon.  I am now retiring this account.
tF-afrojap
+124|6855|SF
Good input man. Thanks!

Yeah.. sadly, switching teams is the only way to get this ribbon. Unless you ALWAYS play with your clan or people you know, it's pretty difficult to make your team win consistently.
bigsteveooooo
+1|6813|Wirral, UK
I hate it when you join a server and the round end about 10 seconds later with you on the losing team.  bit crap.

Either take the knock on that round or spend another 3-4 mins disconnecting quicky and then reconnecting to the same server for the next round.
Faith +1
+1|6822|Arizona
http://bf2stats.nsvr.info/player/irondentist/

just in case u wanted to see it now lol.
Hyper_Dude
+5|6831|United Knigdom
Here's something that's just come to mind, what if you get the WCR, but then you Win to Loss Ratio drops below 3? Will they take it away from you?
[LFX]angus
+0|6835|Texas...unfortunately
its a pretty little ribbon, but jeez, you have almost 70 hours, and a global score of 6,000; not worth the loss of points
jan
+0|6856|GMT -5
so how do you get your mates to follow oders on servers that people don't know you ?
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6856|"Frisco"

Hyper_Dude wrote:

Here's something that's just come to mind, what if you get the WCR, but then you Win to Loss Ratio drops below 3? Will they take it away from you?
No.
Burning_Monkey
Moving Target
+108|6846
That's one ribbon that I have resigned my self to the fact that I will probably never get it.  My win:loss ration blows ass in a major way.  I would have to win the next 323 rounds in a row with out a loss to even be able to have just the win:loss record needed.
irondentist
+0|6807
In response to the question about how do I get my squads to follow my command, I dont use my microphone because everyones voice sound so nerdy during gameplay but I type out my orders to my team.  I specifically tell them to cap the airstrip flag, flags with AH or tank, and to keep it theirs.  These are high value flags.  I tend not to throw daggers and shield everywhere only to get their attention if the high value flag needs to be capped.  I also point them to unguarded flags more often than not to keep the flag majority ours.  Therefore,  I do alot of texting when my assets are resetting.

Regarding the point system on BF2,  playing as commander made me realize how meaningless it is because of point padders.  At one game,  we were demolished by the opposing team only to see the top two scorers were on my team.  I realized they were standing close to where I was hiding and they were emptying their clips and giving each other ammo as support.   They ended up with close to 200 points a piece where everyone else even on the winning team didnt even break a hundred.  UliekaMadiek and UwannMadiek you know who you are.
section9
+9|6855|USA

US|dirtysouth wrote:

dam son very nice!!   i like the win to los ratio...go look at mine
lol no kidding i just checked mine....how the hell do you earn that ribbon anyway because i sure put in the time....
section9
+9|6855|USA

tF-afrojap wrote:

Good input man. Thanks!

Yeah.. sadly, switching teams is the only way to get this ribbon. Unless you ALWAYS play with your clan or people you know, it's pretty difficult to make your team win consistently.
How do you switch teams and remain the comander?
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6821
WTF section, pull up an old enough post??

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard