Archer
rapes face
+161|6433|Canuckistan

Nyte wrote:

One of the worst and most over hyped games I have ever played.

It just goes to show that console gamers are lacking behind in innovation and originality, games like Halo 3 have been present on PC since 1998 and have looked like that since 2002.
Have you played the beta?
Darkfire
Helping you help yourself
+34|6487| Texas
I haven't played the beta but i just pre-ordered the Legendary Edition off of Amazon. It looks amazing but September seems sooo far away...
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6674|NT, like Mick Dundee

No matter what people say, Halo (the original) really was revolutionary for it's time. There weren't any other games that had been quite that well desiged. Sure, there were heaps that had the same/more advanced features but Halo really was a masterpiece of design.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6761|Toronto, ON

Flecco wrote:

No matter what people say, Halo (the original) really was revolutionary for it's time. There weren't any other games that had been quite that well desiged. Sure, there were heaps that had the same/more advanced features but Halo really was a masterpiece of design.
Half-Life
Sin
Shogo
Hexen
Half-Life Opposing Forces
TFC
Soldier of Fortune
Quake 2
Quake 3 Arena
Unreal Tournament

I can name about 328 more.

Like I said, overhyped.  The only reason it was so well received was:

Console players never heard of the games mentioned above and thus have never experienced that feeling.  Halo was their first 'fix' and of course as everyone knows, you always get biased and 'fanboy'ed to your first liking of a game, which is the situation here.

I'm right and everyone knows it or are too afraid to admit it.  I'm never wrong.
Alpha as fuck.
trackstarr
+18|6711|Swing and a miss
IMO
its very good
different then halo 2 but still very fun
very satisfying to get a double and triple kills

what is better then taking off a whole turret and spraying it on enemy's trying to cap a territory
XxOiLsP1lLxX
Putting the "I" back in TEAM
+48|6429|Kent UK
Nyte has basically got it right lol.

I'm a sony fanboy because the first console I owned was a PlayStation.

Yet I have a 360 and play the halo series, I mean its ok, but I much prefer PC games for sniping.
Halo 3 has been greatly improved over Halo2 in many ways. For example, all the button glitches such as BxB and BxR have now been removed. Also, you can't hear the other team when you are playing in a ranked game now ^_^. No more -3 year old american whineyboys shouting retarded abuse at me because I killed them now. YaY!

=Rich=
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6674|NT, like Mick Dundee

Lmao, Nyte you are the first person I've ever seen call Hexen well designed. I had heard of and played most of those; fact remains, Halo was well designed.

You do need a mouse and keyboard for fps though.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Fenix14
scout rush kekeke ^___^
+116|6566|Brisbane, Aus

ahaha bought the store's last copy of crackdown & downloaded the beta.

Haven't gotten the hang of it yet, only played 2 hours or so but I like it, everyone keeps stealing the laser before I can try it lol ><

The bubble shield and portable lift are both great, and the assault rifle is back yes!
GhostStalker0
I like pie
+29|6487|San Diego, CA
Spartan Laser is awesome! Sure it takes some skills to use it, but kicking someone's butt with it is priceless
Home
Section.80
+447|6857|Seattle, Washington, USA

I could get the beta, I've had Crackdown for a couple months (yes, I actually bought Crackdown for Crackdown) but I'd rather wait and experience the full game when it's released. It is really tempting to download it though, Halo is so fun.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard