Sniper-UK-Ghost
Ice Lolly Maniac
+30|6236|Bristol
um... only thing to do is restart, but the main duty leader is at the BAR bit and you need to do x16 and x18 lab to get in there so its not all bad (he cant die unless you shoot him... why you would i dont think)
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6440|Brisbane, Australia

Sniper-UK-Ghost wrote:

um... only thing to do is restart, but the main duty leader is at the BAR bit and you need to do x16 and x18 lab to get in there so its not all bad (he cant die unless you shoot him... why you would i dont think)
damn it I don't have the time or patience to restart...........surely there is a spawn npc console command
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6775|Noizyland

The game is not linear. If you lost the green-suited scientist, just continue into Yantar and talk to the dude in the shelter thing, (a trader.) The Green suited dude was killed in my first game, (pre-patch, restart,) he was simply replaced by an orange suited guy when I got to Yantar, who on a mission to test psy-emission levels was shot and killed by zombies. I still managed to complete the missions I had to, even with two dead essential characters.

If one door closes another door opens in this game. I'm pretty sure if the Freedom bloke is killed he is replaced - likeiwse with all the other essential game characters. Skull, I think his name is, (the Duty raid leader,) is not essential to the game's progression. He's a low level field commander sent in for a suicide raid.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Sniper-UK-Ghost
Ice Lolly Maniac
+30|6236|Bristol

Ty wrote:

The game is not linear. If you lost the green-suited scientist, just continue into Yantar and talk to the dude in the shelter thing, (a trader.) The Green suited dude was killed in my first game, (pre-patch, restart,) he was simply replaced by an orange suited guy when I got to Yantar, who on a mission to test psy-emission levels was shot and killed by zombies. I still managed to complete the missions I had to, even with two dead essential characters.

If one door closes another door opens in this game. I'm pretty sure if the Freedom bloke is killed he is replaced - likeiwse with all the other essential game characters. Skull, I think his name is, (the Duty raid leader,) is not essential to the game's progression. He's a low level field commander sent in for a suicide raid.
about the green suited guy, he also died by zombies in mine, is this meant to happen??
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6775|Noizyland

Nothing is meant or not meant to happen. If the green-suited scientist dies just pick up his PDA and move onward to Yantar. Forget about him.
[Blinking eyes thing]
TimmmmaaaaH

Ty wrote:

thanks ty thats cleared it up a bit. It was skull, and I am told by my PDA to return to him (except he is a bloody corpse now). I will just keep going i guess.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6654
Just got this game, went to the first camp of bandits, finished em off with some stabs 'n headshots, but after that my game CTD's every time after a few minutes. bleh.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6775|Noizyland

Shouldn't have helped him I reckon. I gave him a hand with the mad perimeter Sniper, but then ran around to warn Freedom of their presence so they ended up walking into a trap.

By the way, sometimes when you have to return to a character and they're dead, just hit F to check what they have on them, (it i F isn't it, havn't played games for a while,) and sometimes that ends up completing the quest. Sometimes not, but it doesn't really matter. Helping Skull is not an essential mission.

By the way, once you've dealt with x16 and x18 and Duty lets you roam around their camp, (100 Rads Bar area,) go right to their armourer, (guy who sells weapons and ammo,) and do the quest for him. You'll get a super-sweet suit. Duty are uptight, but they tend to give better rewards than Freedom.
[Blinking eyes thing]
TimmmmaaaaH

Ty wrote:

Shouldn't have helped him I reckon. I gave him a hand with the mad perimeter Sniper, but then ran around to warn Freedom of their presence so they ended up walking into a trap.

By the way, sometimes when you have to return to a character and they're dead, just hit F to check what they have on them, (it i F isn't it, havn't played games for a while,) and sometimes that ends up completing the quest. Sometimes not, but it doesn't really matter. Helping Skull is not an essential mission.

By the way, once you've dealt with x16 and x18 and Duty lets you roam around their camp, (100 Rads Bar area,) go right to their armourer, (guy who sells weapons and ammo,) and do the quest for him. You'll get a super-sweet suit. Duty are uptight, but they tend to give better rewards than Freedom.
thanks ty!

edit: do you know where you can get a NATO scope? I have 4 warsaw pact ones, but no NATO ones (and I want to use it on a silenced TSR01? the M16 looky one)

Last edited by TimmmmaaaaH (2007-05-13 03:54:54)

Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6775|Noizyland

Yeah. You know in the area west of the Bar area? If you go around there sometimes some Mercenaries camp around - mostly in a building frame south of the main train station area, (the others tend to have scoped AKs with the warsaw scopes.) Most of the Mercs there have scoped TSR01s, so you can pick one up, remove it from their gun and attach it to yours.

TSR01 is a bloody good rifle, not as powerful or as accurate as the GP-37, but they tend to be more hardy and last longer. It is my main weapon of choice, unless I'm on an assassin mission for which I use that silenced special sniper rifle, (recieved as a reward on a Duty quest. Told you they have good rewards.)
[Blinking eyes thing]
Sniper-UK-Ghost
Ice Lolly Maniac
+30|6236|Bristol

Ty wrote:

Yeah. You know in the area west of the Bar area? If you go around there sometimes some Mercenaries camp around - mostly in a building frame south of the main train station area, (the others tend to have scoped AKs with the warsaw scopes.) Most of the Mercs there have scoped TSR01s, so you can pick one up, remove it from their gun and attach it to yours.

TSR01 is a bloody good rifle, not as powerful or as accurate as the GP-37, but they tend to be more hardy and last longer. It is my main weapon of choice, unless I'm on an assassin mission for which I use that silenced special sniper rifle, (recieved as a reward on a Duty quest. Told you they have good rewards.)
i ONLY use the auto shotgun ( i know i know before you say anything) and the.. hmmm that gun which the mercs have and has a scope on, hmm i havent played in about 2 weeks now i might play now

1 thing, ive done about 6 missions for duty leader, and im friends with every duty guy but i still cant join, i think because 1 mission i had to do was kill the bandit leader but i killed him a while ago and i so i went to where he was supposed to be and nowhere to been seen, was i meant to do that mission then be able to join? (dont bother saying you shouldnt join either im already enemy to freedom)
TimmmmaaaaH

Ty wrote:

thanks Ty, tried what you said and found 4 scopes in 5 minutes haha. the next part with the zombies is pretty hard though
Sniper-UK-Ghost
Ice Lolly Maniac
+30|6236|Bristol
nah get a auto shotgun run up to the buggers and blow there head off
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6717
This game sounds fun Should I go and buy it?
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6767|UK
Yeah or dl it. It lasted me about 2 weeks. I got all the endings.
Sniper-UK-Ghost
Ice Lolly Maniac
+30|6236|Bristol
i still aint played in 2 weeks now, hmm really gotta get my arse off bf2s and get on stalker
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6740|Toronto | Canada

Vilham wrote:

Yeah or dl it. It lasted me about 2 weeks. I got all the endings.
Anyone got a good torrent link?
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6775|Noizyland

Heh heh. You can't join factions Sniper-UK-Ghost, only become friends with them. I guess it just wasn't implimented in the final relese. Maybe they'll patch it in later. I'm mates with both Freedom and Duty, sometimes I do assassination missions for Duty against Freedom, and sometimes the other way around.

I havn't played in over a month I've been bloody busy with moving house and university work. I've played it for ages but still havn't finished - I simply don't want to. I'm still having fun doing missions and gathering up items and weaponry.
[Blinking eyes thing]
TimmmmaaaaH

Ty wrote:

gathering up items and weaponry.
hehe I have 3 rpg' stashed
Sniper-UK-Ghost
Ice Lolly Maniac
+30|6236|Bristol

Ty wrote:

Heh heh. You can't join factions Sniper-UK-Ghost, only become friends with them. I guess it just wasn't implimented in the final relese. Maybe they'll patch it in later. I'm mates with both Freedom and Duty, sometimes I do assassination missions for Duty against Freedom, and sometimes the other way around.

I havn't played in over a month I've been bloody busy with moving house and university work. I've played it for ages but still havn't finished - I simply don't want to. I'm still having fun doing missions and gathering up items and weaponry.
you sure, theres alot of debate on this, someones got Duty on there Group: thing ... ahh well

stupid dentist *crys* anyway if i dont die from the dentist ill be playing tonight

hehe
Crestfallen
+27|6450|England, Leicester
Well for those of you who like S.T.A.L.K.E.R. have a look at this:

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6170879.htm … ks;title;2

"several new projects in that game's universe."

Last edited by Crestfallen (2007-05-17 07:57:35)

Sniper-UK-Ghost
Ice Lolly Maniac
+30|6236|Bristol
man, im not one for getting scared but this games freaks the crap out of me, anyway i finaly turned off the brain scorcher but im on way way back to the bar to stock up for the power plant and the wish granter mwahaha, any advice on what guns i should take, ill keep my shotgun with me though... hmm im scared.. got to get past the sodding monlioh or however you spell it first... grr excoskelitons
GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6415|Finland

sniper sig was my fav but I guess you'll be fine with G37 or other GOOD scoped gun. (and take as much ammo ya can carry of cource before getting in NPP) don't take obokan, it jams way too often (with good scoped gun: 1 shot 1 kill against those monolith bastards) ^^

ps do you have the key to decoder room in propyat?
3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
Sniper-UK-Ghost
Ice Lolly Maniac
+30|6236|Bristol

[69th_GFH]GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

sniper sig was my fav but I guess you'll be fine with G37 or other GOOD scoped gun. (and take as much ammo ya can carry of cource before getting in NPP) don't take obokan, it jams way too often (with good scoped gun: 1 shot 1 kill against those monolith bastards) ^^

huh? what decoder room in propyat, all i got is to the underground car park with the other stalkers (i had to go back to barkeep as my armour was totaly gone so i had to buy a new one, im on my way back to the car park now.. wheres this decoder room and what is it?>
GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6415|Finland

Sniper-UK-Ghost wrote:

[69th_GFH]GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

huh? what decoder room in propyat, all i got is to the underground car park with the other stalkers (i had to go back to barkeep as my armour was totaly gone so i had to buy a new one, im on my way back to the car park now.. wheres this decoder room and what is it?>
if you do a mission called "The guide", you get a key to doctor's secret room in propyat hotel (you get a entry in your PDA about the location too).
With that decoder you can get to THE TWO REAL endings inside NPP. without that you get one of the 5 false endings. So get the decoder (that opens a locked door in the future) before you get in chernobyl area 

Last edited by [69th_GFH]GC_PaNzerFIN (2007-05-20 10:35:13)

3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard