DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6691|United States of America

Deadmonkiefart wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

thats a l85a2, just like in SF, and they do have problems with jamming, but the AK-47 is a legend among legends for misfiring and jamming, especially in desert climates, so the insurgents are probably dealing with the same problem
The AK-47 was a legend among ledgends for its reliability and hardiness.
You can literally throw a handful of sand into it, pull back the reciever, and fire it like nobody's business. That's just a cool trick, accuracy notwithstanding.
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6713

wah1188 wrote:

Deadmonkiefart wrote:

wah1188 wrote:

What do you mean by tolerance? As in care and maintenance?
What did I say something dumb?
Sorry, never mind.  I was just looking at another thread in another window.  I was about to respond to yours when I read somthing funny and I guess I didn't switch.
InfectiousShadow
BF2S Resident Bass Player
+45|6438|Washington State, USA

DesertFox- wrote:

Deadmonkiefart wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

thats a l85a2, just like in SF, and they do have problems with jamming, but the AK-47 is a legend among legends for misfiring and jamming, especially in desert climates, so the insurgents are probably dealing with the same problem
You can literally throw a handful of sand into it, pull back the reciever, and fire it like nobody's business. That's just a cool trick, accuracy notwithstanding.
Yeah its quite reliable, I am going to look for a video of the amount of abuse a AK can take

Here is one, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xe2jUEaTBVA
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6467|UK
Lol don't matter embed! There is a better one although don't think it was on youtube but you see the handguard actually on fire after a bit.
An Enlarged Liver
+35|6750|Backward Ass Kansas

DesertFox- wrote:

Deadmonkiefart wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

There is a reason that the street value of a Russian is $400 US and the Chinese is $120-180. 

Cheaper variety commonly overheating after one 30 round clip. 

Anyone whoever used a Russian AK wouldn't trade it for anything.
InfectiousShadow
There is another one where the guy runs over a AK with a pickup truck and it still works.
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6467|UK

InfectiousShadow wrote:

There is another one where the guy runs over a AK with a pickup truck and it still works.
Is it the one with that shiny headed bald guy?
InfectiousShadow
Im not sure, I think so but dont quote me on that.
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6467|UK
Its 3am I'm off to bed.
InfectiousShadow
Wow its quite early (or late) over there in the UK isn't it? I will find that video hopefully

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard