Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6701|Howell, Mi USA
Im a little stumped about what this might be. Just for no reason at all my moniter goes totally black. It doesn't matter if im in a game or on the desktop. It usually happens after ive been playing for a couple hours, sometimes longer. The weird thing is when it goes out, the game is still running. I can still move and shoot like nothing happened, it's like going blind. The last time it happened i took a screenshot just to see, when i was able to get back on, the screenshot was normal like nothing happened yet my screen was totally black. Even with everything shut down the moniter lights up for a split second then goes out.

I thought it might be my gfx card, so i tryed reinstalling the latest driver, but it didn't work. Then i took it out and cleaned it the best i could but that didn't work either. the only way it will come back on is to let it sit for atleast a half hour. I don't have another moniter or gfx card to plug in and test so im kinda screwed atm.

Anyone have any bright ideas on what this might be? It's really pissing me off

Card: Nvidia GeForce 6800 Ultra 256mb
Moniter: NEC Opticlear MultiSnyc LCD 1770gx

My rig is about 2 years old, no new stuff on it.

Seems to me it's the moniter, but im not sure.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
Mitch92uK
aka [DBS]Mitch92uK
+192|6241|United Kingdom
i'd gues it's ur monitor overheating/dying tbh ... the graphics card probs take the screenshot alright but you could check your GPU temps to make sure?
mKmalfunction
Infamous meleeKings cult. Est. 2003 B.C.
+82|6546|The Lost Highway
Sometimes I have the same problem on bf2 when I need a reboot. Try restarting yer comp.
Mitch92uK
aka [DBS]Mitch92uK
+192|6241|United Kingdom
have you been able to try a different monitor malfunction?
mKmalfunction
Infamous meleeKings cult. Est. 2003 B.C.
+82|6546|The Lost Highway

mitch212k_2 wrote:

have you been able to try a different monitor malfunction?
The monitors less than a year old. I only have the problem when I haven't rebooted in awhile. Doesn't happen very often.

Last edited by mKmalfunction (2007-05-15 23:38:41)

Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6701|Howell, Mi USA
My gpu temp has been fine from what i can tell, my moniter does get pretty warm though. Ill try keeping a fan on it today and see if it helps.

Thanks for the help
buLLet_t00th
Mr. Boombastic
+178|6449|Stealth City, UK

Cbass wrote:

My gpu temp has been fine from what i can tell, my moniter does get pretty warm though. Ill try keeping a fan on it today and see if it helps.

Thanks for the help
It's because of the refresh rate of your monitor, the refresh rate of your GFX card and the refresh rate in game all clashing. It happened to me for ages and I didnt know what was going on. I've played around with all the different refresh rates in Windows Control centre, the GFX card and in game and I've got it down to it happening only a couple of times a week.

Its really annoying but Im just looking towards the summer because thats when Im getting my new rig.
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6701|Howell, Mi USA
Actually ive been playing all day with the fan blowing on the moniter and it hasn't happened once.

Must be over heating
Mitch92uK
aka [DBS]Mitch92uK
+192|6241|United Kingdom
hmm ... oh well, at least you know what's causing it now

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard