Poll

Upgrade the pistol?

Yes, it needs a major upgrade30%30% - 12
Yes, it needs a slight upgrade33%33% - 13
No, keep it the same35%35% - 14
Total: 39
Sh4rkb1t3
+6|6677
Shots to kill: 5 (unarmored), 8 (armored).

Is it just me, or does anyone else here think the pistols are a little too weak?  I know, the pistols aren't supposed to be weapons you can run around with the whole game and get 3:1 ratios with.  The are supposed to be used as a side arm: if you run out of ammo with your primary gun, you can pull out your pistol to finish them off.  But right now, they are too weak to even be used for that.  I mean come on, who can survive 5 pistol shots in real life?  Yeah I know: gameplay > realism.  But it comes to a point where the game is so unrealistic, that it takes away from the believeability of the game which ruins the gameplay experience.  I wish the pistol was a bit better, mabey 4-5 shots to kill.
kiteboarderni
+62|6673
YES!!! some one i can relate 2!!
Pycroft1978
+0|6668
Hey, unrealistic?  Knife stabs = 1.  Pistol shots=7.

Agreed.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6682|Tampa Bay Florida
I voted keep it the same but you do have a point.  I don't really mind because the pistol shoots so fast and is relatively accurate.  But you do have a point about the damage
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6741|Mark it zero.
it would be nice to do a bit more damage. but not too much more. maybe taking 1-3 shots less.
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6830
More Power...........1 shot stop 4 head at 7 yards
Less Range ..........I have killed people on crane towers with it  WTF ?

imho
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6665|Colorado
I think the pistol is fine, sometimes better than the main gun.
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6830

TrollmeaT wrote:

" sometimes better than the main gun "

I think thats his point, I know it was mine
NZDeathBoy
+20|6692|Chch, New Zealand

TrollmeaT wrote:

Agreed!

I use it for my main gun for distance when either AT or Engineer. As  their main guns are shottys, only good for close range.
AdamEcks
+1|6695|Canada, Eh.
While your raising the power of the pistol don't you think you should consider doing the same for the .50 cal M95? Take one of those to the chest and be fine to run around and find health. You have to deal with the way the weapons are, Dice is trying to establish balance.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6685
leave my little baby alone!
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6767|Noizyland

My pistol is cool, even if it's just for the simple pleasure of pumping shot after shot into an enemy Sniper's back when I decide not to use the knife.

AdamEcks, if they made the M95 more powerful it'd be a one shot kill weapon, which would screw up the whole game. If you're suggesting that you should limp when shot, I laugh all over your suggestion, but not in a mean way.
Ha ha ha!

Last edited by Tyferra (2006-01-21 21:26:18)

[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
shspunkrockr
+0|6745

Pycroft1978 wrote:

Hey, unrealistic?  Knife stabs = 1.  Pistol shots=7.

Agreed.
Nicely put.
4lter_3go
+1|6739|Leighton Barracks, Germany
i want a D Eagle
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6709
i want a replica
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
kiteboarderni
+62|6673
yea i desert eagle would be class. As sniper of something. Also the sniper should be a one shot kill. mayby not the first one but deffinately the unlock. Anybody agree?
TROUSERS
+0|6665|United Kingdom
They don't use desert eagles in militaries because;
1.) Ammunition is too expensive, and it can cause logistical problems (providing.357 to one gun, when other handweapons use 9mm or.45 for example.)
2.) It's way too heavy!
3.) It's hard to service.
4.) It's role is in-adequate as a pistol.
d3v1ldr1v3r13
Satan's disciple on Earth.
+160|6678|Hell's prison

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

i want a replica
www.modelguns.com
plastic_budgie
+114|6744|England : East Yorkshire
I think pistol is sweet i supose been sniper alot u have to learn to like it. But hey be sniper alot and soon u will be raping with it. i got about 1300 pistol kills i think.
WooT_Stolpskott
+1|6722|Sweden
the pistol is very good... its really nice to snipe with pistol:P
Sh4rkb1t3
+6|6677

TrollmeaT wrote:

Not if you know how to use your main gun "right".

Wow, classic BF2S line right there.  Notice how stupid and cheezy it sounds?  Now can we all please stop saying that crappy guns are good if you know the secret way, that no one except you knows, to use them "right"?
OpsChief
+101|6669|Southern California
Don't upgrade the pistol, downgrade the knife.

i want Rambo's Bow with nitro tipped arrows....
Berserk_Vampire
Banned
+7|6681
They should add a new pistol unlock, the Colt 1911A of course we have alot less rounds then the 15 clip of the beretta but it will be slightly more powerful so that would be cool.
Sh4rkb1t3
+6|6677
There should be a pistol unlock that shoots ~150 rounds per minute, 10 bullets per clip, but 3-4 hit kill.  That would be cool.
WildBlueYonder
+0|6731|New Brunswick Canada
A pistol unlock would be cool. IF the pistol needs any improvement at all it is a slight Power boost but you should off set it with a reduction in range. I noticed that the poll is almost dead even, interesting. You SHOULD NOT be able to snipe with a pistol but meh i don't mind its cool in an unrealistic  kind of way

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard