DooM
+28|6349
Lately been coming across some crazy shit in game, heres some examples: (Some of them are common but still its a regular occurence)

7/6 squad:

https://i2.tinypic.com/68i808n.jpg

Always get this crappy blurred/liqud texture on sandbags:

https://i5.tinypic.com/4xvh57b.jpg

Looks like a TV with bad reception, this was when I went back to the airfield for resupplies. (happened everytime)

https://i10.tinypic.com/68i7r52.jpg

This grass look a little strange?:

https://i9.tinypic.com/548jwux.jpg

I've had even more crazy shit, dunno if its just texture bugs or something but I've re-installed the patch but can't be bothered re-installing all the games. Ontop of that crash to desktops are becoming more regular especially on Armored Fury.
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6669|UK
1. Glitch
2. Graphics problems
3. Graphics problems, probably over heating.
4. What? Bad graphics?
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6265|Escea

Problem with textures and geometry maybe, I think the 7 man squad is just a bug.
Cookie.VXT
Bringer Of Cookies.
+178|6478|UK
artifacts ftw.

i recon your gfx card is overheating or something, for the mashes texture and the artifact.
DooM
+28|6349
7900 GTX 512MB. It has built in water cooling, my system is not overheating, it was cleaned like a week ago. I run it all maxed 2GB RAM. Alough for some reason I can't get AA on 4x? everytime I enable it and hit apply it goes back to off and gives me a message you must restart game to make changes etc, but it forces it off for some reason :s.

K, well I dunno why it would be overheating the system has 2 fans, a small front one and a large rear one, add on the power supply which pushes air up and through and also the side has two vents one that flows the processor air straight out and one for just ventelation.

Last edited by DooM (2007-05-14 08:33:52)

liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6669|UK
Artefacts are caused by overheating and/or faulty components.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6542|so randum
by the graph problems, ur graph card looks like its melting. u o/c?
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
horseshat
+4|6289
dude those graphics dont look maxed to me
DooM
+28|6349

fatherted13 wrote:

by the graph problems, ur graph card looks like its melting. u o/c?
Nah not overclocked. It rarely does the artifacts or w.e, but it always has the blurred sand bags.
Megalomaniac
Formerly known as Missionless
+92|6370|105 RVK
in 2142 squads would sometimes go up to 6/11
twz_stryker
+4|6544|San Antonio, TX
The same thing happend to my old ATI 9800 Pro card, faulty memory on the video card. Had to RMA it.

Does it screw up when you run 3DMARK06 over and over again? Or have you tried that yet?

It is definitely a video card hardware issue.
DooM
+28|6349

twz_stryker wrote:

The same thing happend to my old ATI 9800 Pro card, faulty memory on the video card. Had to RMA it.

Does it screw up when you run 3DMARK06 over and over again? Or have you tried that yet?

It is definitely a video card hardware issue.
I don't try any of this stuff or watch my fps etc I just buy it, put the stuff in the comp and play.
twz_stryker
+4|6544|San Antonio, TX
Gotcha.....Well if you want to test your card outside of BF2 try downloading 3D Mark 2006 from here:

http://www.futuremark.com/download/3dmark06/

This is basically the bench marking software used just about everyone to test their video cards and other hardware to.

If you run this, it is automated by the way, keep an eye out for artifacting and tearing of the graphics. If you get this then you most definitely have a bad video card. It happens to the best of us hardware gurus even when we dont over clock.

Good Luck

Stryker
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6607|Area 51

Missionless wrote:

in 2142 squads would sometimes go up to 6/11
You mean 11/6?
DooM
+28|6349
Yeah but I've had the gfx card for like 6 months now so RMA is outta the question I guess.

I'll download this, probly time out as usual though.

Last edited by DooM (2007-05-14 09:35:00)

jamiet757
+138|6665

DooM wrote:

Yeah but I've had the gfx card for like 6 months now so RMA is outta the question I guess.

I'll download this, probly time out as usual though.
you act pissed off, as if BF2 is to blame...I think we have determined that it is your computer (specifically your graphics card's fault) so maybe you should look into it, instead of waiting for someone here to give you the answer that you want to hear...
Chou
+737|6833
The first SS tells me you need a new GFX Card, the rest is just random.
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6748
I once got stuck in a 9 man squad.
eisBär
+22|6287|Germany
Try re-installing the graphics drivers.

If you just "plug it in and play," perhaps you have a very old driver version and you should download the newest one. Google search for Nvidia drivers and it is almost (well, not almost) always the first result. Grab the latest ones and install them. If that doesn't work, try using a program called driver cleaner (google search "driver cleaner") and follow the directions CAREFULLY and install the new driver.

Oh, and to fix that 4x problem, there are 2 ways - force it with the drivers or go to mydocuments>bf2>Profiles and then find the video.con file. open it with note pad and where it says anti-aliasing, change the CVAR (may say "off") to 4samples and save the file.

Also, try deleting the cache files and letting the game re-optimize. find the cache files in mydocuments>bf2>mods>bf2>cache. Delete the folder inside of that foler. do this for any other mod you have (for example SF will show as "xpack"). the next time you load a game it will re-optimize. (i always do this in "create server" mode so I'll know its ok.)

Last edited by eisBär (2007-05-14 16:19:06)

OmniDeath
~
+726|6686

i get the "liquid sandbags" but only in pr, theyre fine in vanilla... tried reinstalling/updating graphics drivers to no avail, and im positive its not overheating.
DooM
+28|6349

eisBär wrote:

Try re-installing the graphics drivers.

If you just "plug it in and play," perhaps you have a very old driver version and you should download the newest one. Google search for Nvidia drivers and it is almost (well, not almost) always the first result. Grab the latest ones and install them. If that doesn't work, try using a program called driver cleaner (google search "driver cleaner") and follow the directions CAREFULLY and install the new driver.

Oh, and to fix that 4x problem, there are 2 ways - force it with the drivers or go to mydocuments>bf2>Profiles and then find the video.con file. open it with note pad and where it says anti-aliasing, change the CVAR (may say "off") to 4samples and save the file.

Also, try deleting the cache files and letting the game re-optimize. find the cache files in mydocuments>bf2>mods>bf2>cache. Delete the folder inside of that foler. do this for any other mod you have (for example SF will show as "xpack"). the next time you load a game it will re-optimize. (i always do this in "create server" mode so I'll know its ok.)
Ok man thanks for that, the AA is enabled. Also I formatted the drive before I got the gfx card, and I'll check for another graphics update. Also I regularly clean up the cache etc with the BF2 cleaner tool.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6510
I have been getting the deformed sand bags allot recently.
octothorpe
+2|6259
I don't think I've ever gotten the more than possible squad, but I should have by now.  On servers that rotate teams/sides I often get stuck in a squad but I'm not really in it.  I can't spawn on squad leader.  They don't see me as in squad period.  I've asked for people to invite me to another squad hoping it would fix the problem, but it won't let me leave or join any squad so that's pointless.  Then I get to spend the rest of the round watching people mass leave my squad that were never in my fictional squad to begin with.  Often they leave multiple times per round.  The only fix I've found is leaving the server and rejoining.  I always assumed it was a common problem like the sudden Private rank problem where you also have no unlocks.

As for the AA problem, did you check your video card settings to make sure the game is allowed to set the AA level or are you saying that's where you were setting the AA level?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard