Poll

Should EA take off hours required for ranks?

Yes, There should be no required hours.56%56% - 82
No, The requirements for general are fine right now.43%43% - 62
Total: 144
shadowcell_01
How 'bout dem Cowboys?
+45|6560|Flower Mound, TX
I am extremely dissapointed that EA has to punish good players by giving them required amounts of "in-game time" in order to achive higher ranks. Pisses me off that I won't go directly to 2 star and I have to wait forever on 3 star because theres a 190 hour gap. So I have a question. I am 15 years old and go to high school and I need to find the easiest way possible to earn these hours and finally achieve 3 star. How the hell do I do it without dropping my score per minute too much? Well there really is no way. My clan has 2 people in it that cannot get ranks because of hours (not including me). One of them has about 750 hours and 170k points. I have 1089 hours and 167k points. Another one has over 230k and only 1,2?? hours. Who else thinks EA should take the time required rule off the game for rank requirements?

Please back up your statement and vote with a valid arguement as to what you think.
rambo_killin_SOB
bunny hopping nade spammer
+61|6527
i completly agree, i am currently a colonel with 196k points or so and still need 50 more hours to become a 1 star.  The time requirements are pointless. EA really needs to take off the time requirements in the next patch although they prolly wont.
shadowcell_01
How 'bout dem Cowboys?
I figured most people stuck in my situation would agree with me. I also noticed someone voted no...
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6406

I think a promotion in rank should be given with every 3rd kill, and no hours or badges/ribbons needed.  EA just want to make life harder for everyone.

/sarcasm.
OmniDeath
~
+726|6659

i dont care for the hourly requirement, but then again i really dont care about stats that much either. theyre nice to reflect a players abilities on some occasions and thats what i would leave it at. i wouldnt bother lowering your stats just to gain time. youve already wasted over 1000 hours of your life one this game, whats another 200?
shadowcell_01
How 'bout dem Cowboys?
As far as we know EA might patch the game when everyone stops playing it just to piss us all off.
Titch2349
iz me!
+358|6367|uk

Its also a problem for me, and it has stopped me getting lots of medals/ badges and ribbons......

O well.... ce la vie (is that how you spell it?)
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6581|England

rambo_killin_SOB wrote:

i completly agree, i am currently a colonel with 196k points or so and still need 50 more hours to become a 1 star.  The time requirements are pointless. EA really needs to take off the time requirements in the next patch although they prolly wont.
Well, people who play IO a lot get inflated SPM's. If the game was played normally (where a 2-3 SPM is usual) then it probably wouldnt be a problem.
Im closing in on 1star Gen with just under 1000hours. The times for the ranks are about right providing you play the game in the normal mode. DICE shouldnt be changing the times just to account for the solid IO players imho.

Here a lil calc:
The average SPM you see for non IO players is approx 2.0 - 2.7 (from what Ive seen), so lets take mine: 2.6.
In 1hour thats 156points. In 1080hours (time for Brig.Gen), thats 168480points.
For Lt.Gen, you need 1440 hours. 156x1440 = 224640, so although that is over, it means the later ranks are restricted for the players who want to spend that much time earning it - if they average a 2.6SPM. For people with lower SPM's, thats fine.

Now obviously you sometimes earn higher than a 2.6 and lower than a 2.6 SPM. So, to me, the times are about right actually.
But IO inflates that SPM a lot due to all of the revive and ammo points players strive to get. So for the game in normal BF2 mode (i.e. with vehicles), its fine. And quite frankly, I dont think it should be changed just to account for IO players because then you are making ranks too easy. Thats what they've done with 2142 and look at all the criticism that game gets for ranks being too easy...

Last edited by Snake (2007-05-13 02:49:31)

gene_pool
Banned
+519|6637|Gold coast, Aus.
No, way to easy then. And if they bump up the IAR reqs. to even it out, then people will just have to stats pad. But I would have expert in everything if time reqs. were removed.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6580|Area 51
Well not completely, I mean I am not in the same position as some of you are, being stuck with 1 star gen and having to play another 70 hours before reaching my 2 star promotion and then another 190 hours for the 3 star. I say that they atleast lower the 3 star gen. to 1300 hours. Cuz 1440 is way too much.
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6688|Colorado
I would have preferred much harder ranks to get like they were in the beginning but much more.
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6301|eng
I am only a 1st Sgt, but i do think that 1440 hours is way too much. There also shouldn't be time constraints on badges.
#rekt
Bosjesman1
+2|6719|Heteren, The Netherlands
i had the same problem with the hours, but in a way general is still an easy rank.  I mean the difference between 1, 2 en 3 star it was way more fun if 1 star (180K)  2 star (250k) and 3 star (300K). then you dont need the hour stuff.
~c4~cheppi
+29|6373|Forest Green
Ranks, no, it should just be done on how many points you get

Badges and medals yes, why should someone get an expert kit after only a few hours, wheres the sense of achievement?
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6665
I think EA secretly just to be able to laugh at the sadasses who actually play to get the rank.

EDIT: sEaRcH!!!11

Last edited by ..teddy..jimmy (2007-05-13 03:17:43)

De_Jappe
Triarii
+432|6542|Belgium

I hope you realize you still need 44 hours in a tank before you can even get the first star, (which is needed for a second and third star).

And okay, the time reqs are a bit dumb, but since IO the SPM's of some went rocket-high. I think it's oke to add another time req, just so they don't get a star for spamming ammo bags or revive whoring.

EDIT: they should however lower the expert armour badge. 400 is too much.

Last edited by De_Jappe (2007-05-13 03:31:32)

shadowcell_01
How 'bout dem Cowboys?
I have listened to all your points and I have to say they are excellent. But if EA didn't completely remove the hours, then what would you prefer them to be?
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6766|Chicago.
I could never make it to 3 star. I'd just get bored waiting for all those point gaps.

I make it to 1st Sgt and start over.

But I can empathize with your situation. There shouldn't be any hourly requirement.
[Hive]-Twist
+13|6380
I'd never get a star anyway, because armor whoring for 100 hours=boring. heli whoring for 50 hours=boring. I could do jets, but that's about it...
]ESF[sumaliia78
+4|6283|florida
I SAY SUCK IT UP AND DO THE TIME.  I had to put my time in to get to general. because of the required time you end up close to the top 500  which makes getting the 4th star a little easier.

if the time limit wasnt where it is 90% of players of bf2 would be 3 star general. how great would you feel about your rank if 30 players in the same server where the same rank as you?

if anything i think the point limit to recieve the ranks of general should be twice what the are.
officer_matt
I eat noobs for breakfast
+23|6244|Switzerland
I was promoted to 1 Star General a week ago, and because I have a decent SPM I didn't get 2 stars.
I think it sucks...
Rickard.Jarl-
+7|6234|Sweden, Norrbotten, LuleƄ.
i say: patch away the stats.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6646|Washington, DC

What's 50 more hours for another star when you've already played 1000 hours? You've put up with the game for that long, 50 more hours won't kill you
Lost-Soul
+26|6524
I agree with the having the hours but they are abit harsh...far too many hours needed.
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6495|Somewhere else

I think its fine.   Look at it this way...It's a PART of the dedication to get it.  Imagine if all the kit badges had no time to them.  You could get basic veteran and expert all in one round.  LIke the AA and ground defense badges, it so simple to get them now.

Most players could get 180,000 points before they got the time requirements.  All you have to do is be decent at the game, be a medic and play IO Karkand and Jalalabad, stopping to get the veteran flying badges and viola, you easily meet the general rank requirements way ahead of time.

achieving the time, I think, makes total sense, it's not a punishment, its just another criteria you have to meet to get it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard