Here is a list off all the kits that will be in 0.6

http://www.gloryhoundz.com/prmm/users/e … _final.htm

Interesting weapons for militia....
BORNAS
+6|6203|Lithuania
when it will show 0.6 version????
zeidmaan
+234|6422|Vienna

no certain date yet Bornas but soon. Last closed beta is currently running so an open beta could arrive in less than 10 days.
Zodiaccup
+42|6553

AmbassadorofPain wrote:

In the end, you'll end up uninstalling PR and going back to vBF2 Karkand/Sharqi/Mashtuur/Jalalabad with 4 to 5 friends, executing the teamwork you had been looking for and did not find in PR, but actually having fun.
Try to convince your friends to move to PR, and play in a teamwork orientated squad with them.
You will never miss vanilla again.

Or find some new mates in PR. If you find some decent players/servers, stay with them and avoid people
that you have had bad experiences with. The PR-Community is not that big, so after a little while, you will know
who to play with and what servers you should not join.  Before i join a server, i have a look on that nameslist, if i don't see any people around i had good experiences with, i'm going for another server or do something else.
BORNAS
+6|6203|Lithuania
i now that im in top100 in bf2.lt server 1st.. i now how to play PR buti whan't to now whne it will shou
David.P
Banned
+649|6281

VicktorVauhn wrote:

David.Podedworny wrote:

God this sucks only 4 base kits. I'm gonna hate having to be in a squad to get light at and grenadier.
Also will they finally give us heavy at users more rockets or not?
Why don't you just play with a squad?

Jesus Christ what is everyones obsession with special kits, Take a damn rifle and shoot someone with it.
[/end mini rant]
I do play in a squad just when we are under attack by a tank close by our spawn(Not rally or apc)I go  light at and take him out, And when my squad leader is behind enemy lines i usually spawn grenadier to take out light vehicles and infantry positions, But sometimes when my squad leader is piloting the heli, My squad spawns light at and we just blow the shit outta techinicals,tanks, and especially spawn cars.(Flyby's rock!)

It's gonna suck for me I love explosive spamming it's just fun(Especially when you got a squad on al basrah in the black hawk 2 light at, 2 grenadier, and one rifleman Tearing em the fuck up)

Last edited by David.Podedworny (2007-05-11 15:40:16)

Idlewild
Disrupted Logic
+71|6335|Londawn

AmbassadorofPain wrote:

VicktorVauhn wrote:

Overall looks cool. For those who missed an independant map maker is testing a map based off the new map settings called baghdad, its pretty damn barren, but HUGE with great view distance.
It's an awesome map, definitely, just like the city part of Al Basrah an great example of excellent map design.
Lagdad!
AmbassadorofPain
+34|6664|Devil's Perch

Idlewild wrote:

AmbassadorofPain wrote:

VicktorVauhn wrote:

Overall looks cool. For those who missed an independant map maker is testing a map based off the new map settings called baghdad, its pretty damn barren, but HUGE with great view distance.
It's an awesome map, definitely, just like the city part of Al Basrah an great example of excellent map design.
Lagdad!
My CPU is t3h suck (AMD X2 4200, not OC'ed), but I haven't had any problems. I have to admit though I didn't see it in fully populated (50 to 64 player) action.
Proud member of a dead community.
devildogfo
+32|6330|Camp Lejeune
im leaving for awhile soon, makes me sad i will not play this ((((
ssj3barua
+55|6696|Indianapolis, IN, U.S.
Damn I'm leaving for Boot Camp in 10 days lol. I guess it'll be a while until I can check out the new version.
zeidmaan
+234|6422|Vienna

Here is a link for Baghdad if you want to check it out (46.7 Mb):

http://putstuff.putfile.com/76478/7067866

When you extract it you will get a folder called "Baghdad". Copy that folder to
c:/Program Files/EA GAMES/Battlefield2/mods/pr/levels

You can start a local server and try it out.
Type "sv.NumPlayersNeededToStart 1" to start the game.

Or you can join the test server:
http://www.game-monitor.com/GameServer/ … ghdad.html

But its USA
AmbassadorofPain
+34|6664|Devil's Perch
A few thoughts that came to my mind, playing earlier this week:
- Why do insurgents not get shock paddles? One should believe they would have been able to loot some of those from dead GIs or Brits or whomever and they do as well have people with the knowledge to work on complex electronic devices, so why wouldn't they have been able to rebuild them?

- Why do insurgents light AT kits get those RPGs and just stupid little pistols while their counterparts get assault rifles? It should at least be possible to give them something like an MP5, a MAC-10, an UZI or any other PDW, something that's a little more powerful and a little less liquor-store-raid-like. I mean, seriously, the whole middle east is considered to be a place where almost everyone owns an AK or other assault rifle, so why don't people who are actively engaged in combat get something like that?

- Why does one have to get killed on certain positions in vehicles? Say you're spawning on a vehicle where only the driver has the crewman kit and the only seat left is the gunner: you're condemned to die again if the driver doesn't stop the vehicle within 10 seconds, because even if you hop out of the vehicle at full speed, you'll be taking damage. Just make the gunner seats etc. unuseable without crewman kit, that should be fairly enough.

so much for now, I posted this on the realitymod.com forums, too.
zeidmaan
+234|6422|Vienna

AmbassadorofPain wrote:

A few thoughts that came to my mind, playing earlier this week:
- Why do insurgents not get shock paddles? One should believe they would have been able to loot some of those from dead GIs or Brits or whomever and they do as well have people with the knowledge to work on complex electronic devices, so why wouldn't they have been able to rebuild them?

- Why do insurgents light AT kits get those RPGs and just stupid little pistols while their counterparts get assault rifles? It should at least be possible to give them something like an MP5, a MAC-10, an UZI or any other PDW, something that's a little more powerful and a little less liquor-store-raid-like. I mean, seriously, the whole middle east is considered to be a place where almost everyone owns an AK or other assault rifle, so why don't people who are actively engaged in combat get something like that?

- Why does one have to get killed on certain positions in vehicles? Say you're spawning on a vehicle where only the driver has the crewman kit and the only seat left is the gunner: you're condemned to die again if the driver doesn't stop the vehicle within 10 seconds, because even if you hop out of the vehicle at full speed, you'll be taking damage. Just make the gunner seats etc. unuseable without crewman kit, that should be fairly enough.

so much for now, I posted this on the realitymod.com forums, too.
Shockpaddles are basically a representation of years and years of medical training Something insurgents dont have.

And RPG class is already the deadliest insurgent class. With 2 rockets, big splash radius and very fast reload and rearm time. Giving them an AK as well would make other classes obsolete.

I agree making the gunner seat in APCs "unspawnable" would be a good idea. But the fact is that scenario when you spawn in the gunner seat and all other seats are occupied and APC wont stop is so rare that it happened to me once in 100 hours of playing. So going to the trouble of coding it (if its even posible) would be a waste of time and effort.
AmbassadorofPain
+34|6664|Devil's Perch

zeidmaan wrote:

Shockpaddles are basically a representation of years and years of medical training Something insurgents dont have.
America's Army let's you go through a couple of MC-tests before you're allowed to be field medic in the game. Without a doubt, PR has already made a compromise by sticking to the basic model of "everything but straight headshot and AT hit on infantry can be cured by just a medpack held out or running 300V through a human body", so why not the other way round, too?
However, I get the point.

zeidmaan wrote:

And RPG class is already the deadliest insurgent class. With 2 rockets, big splash radius and very fast reload and rearm time. Giving them an AK as well would make other classes obsolete.
No smoke grenades, no Molotov cocktails, no med pack... plus, it's just 2 rockets. Might be enough for a lucky shot, but beyond that? It took me a while to get used to the AT-class in vBF2, too, but these days I can get a KDR of >2 in IO with that kit, too. I don't see that happening with the insurgent AT. Unless he gets a chance to shoot a freshly spawned squad, a medic reviving a teammate or hits the final shot on enemy armor, this class seems to be the most likely one to get raped.

zeidmaan wrote:

I agree making the gunner seat in APCs "unspawnable" would be a good idea. But the fact is that scenario when you spawn in the gunner seat and all other seats are occupied and APC wont stop is so rare that it happened to me once in 100 hours of playing. So going to the trouble of coding it (if its even posible) would be a waste of time and effort.
Agreed. It's been more of a general observation of something I personally think is rather stupid and unnecessary. There's just no reasonable explanation to kill someone who tries to help out their team instead of just making that spot useless, i.e. "seat available, but gun can't be used".
[THE] comben
Wee and Biscuits
+43|6540|Cardiff
sweet ta for the info zeid.

i couldnt be bothered to look it up myself tbh.
zeidmaan
+234|6422|Vienna

Something else I heard about.
Tanks will be improved.
- In tank the zoom problem is fixed. It wont unzoom anymore when reloading shells.
- Gunner will have 2 zoom levels.
- Deviation for both shells and coaxial have been slightly reduced
- You will be able to see where the shells hit since there will be no dust after firing

Also APCs are getting a coaxial gun also.
zeidmaan
+234|6422|Vienna

Now something really OMG:

Challenger tank for the British forces I believe:

https://www.pintura3d.com/graphics/renders/chalenger2_desert_scene.jpg
Idlewild
Disrupted Logic
+71|6335|Londawn
I think the warrior and the challenger two are being released in .7, I found something on youtube about the Javelin rockets, I personally had no idea that the Devs were making them, (if they are part of the PR Dev work)

This clip was from four months ago, - can anyone shed some light on this?
BORNAS
+6|6203|Lithuania

Idlewild wrote:

I think the warrior and the challenger two are being released in .7, I found something on youtube about the Javelin rockets, I personally had no idea that the Devs were making them, (if they are part of the PR Dev work)

from wre need get that fing?
[[[@lph@]]]_Templar
+20|6464|UK

Idlewild wrote:

LOL, does the missile fly for like a second then shoot straight upwards,because that's what I'm seeing and then the tank just blows up? :S
Vernedead
Cossack
+21|6240|Albion

[[[@lph@]]]_Templar wrote:

LOL, does the missile fly for like a second then shoot straight upwards,because that's what I'm seeing and then the tank just blows up? :S
the missile comes back down too, popup attack profile - to hit the weaker top armour IRL, its just harder to see because it blends with the crosshair.
zeidmaan
+234|6422|Vienna

[[[@lph@_Templar wrote:

Yeah thats how Javelin works. It locks on to a heat signature first. Than when its fired it goes straight up and makes a big arch and hits the tank from above. This way it hits it in the weakest armor.
2 examples

I remember that video from PR forums. I think Eggman (the man behind PR) once played around with the idea of making a Javelin but apparently didn't like it too much so he "shelved" it. Maybe in the future they will give it another chance.

Last edited by zeidmaan (2007-05-16 15:17:23)

Idlewild
Disrupted Logic
+71|6335|Londawn
Maybe, well I s'pose the sraw will do for now
GhostStalker0
I like pie
+29|6485|San Diego, CA
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/Katarn/oparcher.jpg

Ooooh yeah... the US is soo screwed now
Idlewild
Disrupted Logic
+71|6335|Londawn