Jackabo
+127|6692|Dublin, Ireland
I don't know how many here watched the Eurovision Song contest but I think that it was a disgrace. Every country gave points to their NEIGHBOURING countries. Only a small amount of the countries participated properly and gave the best performance points. It might just be a coincidence that countries gave points to their neightbours, but then again, when Norway was about to announce who they were gonna give their twelve points to they said 'With love from Norway...'

The bad thing is, everyone knew what was going on, but onbody could do anything about it. I think there should be rules for this kinda stuff. What do you guys think?
stkhoplite
Banned
+564|6613|Sheffield-England
your sad because you came last?
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6698|Area 51
Um..care?
ghettoperson
+1,943|6782

stkhoplite wrote:

your sad because you came last?
Doubt it, the Irish purposely send the worst acts possible so that they don't have to host it. At the end of the day, that's how they decide who goes, by selecting some act that can't win. Finland must have been pissed.
Jackabo
I couldn't care less, that was the first time i watched it, i just thought it was a scandle. and btw, you would have come last if we hadn't given uk any points.
stkhoplite
Banned
+564|6613|Sheffield-England

X-Ecuti0ner wrote:

I couldn't care less, that was the first time i watched it, i just thought it was a scandle. and btw, you would have come last if we hadn't given uk any points.
good point
Jackabo

RDMC(2) wrote:

Um..care?
I hate assholes like you, if you looked at the text underneath the forum title it says 'if you can't keep it level this forum is NOT for you'. If you haven't got a f**king decent comment to make don't make one at all.
crimson_grunt
Shitty Disposition (apparently)
+214|6788|Teesside, UK

X-Ecuti0ner wrote:

We scored some points with that song??  Wow!
Collateralis
Beep bep.
+85|6504|Stealth on Grand Bazaar

X-Ecuti0ner wrote:

I don't know how many here watched the Eurovision Song contest but I think that it was a disgrace. Every country gave points to their NEIGHBOURING countries. Only a small amount of the countries participated properly and gave the best performance points. It might just be a coincidence that countries gave points to their neightbours, but then again, when Norway was about to announce who they were gonna give their twelve points to they said 'With love from Norway...'

The bad thing is, everyone knew what was going on, but onbody could do anything about it. I think there should be rules for this kinda stuff. What do you guys think?
Its what happens every year. It par for the course really I would take it too seriously, the best band never wins anyway. Its the most ridiculous one.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6698|Area 51

X-Ecuti0ner wrote:

RDMC(2) wrote:

Um..care?
I hate assholes like you, if you looked at the text underneath the forum title it says 'if you can't keep it level this forum is NOT for you'. If you haven't got a f**king decent comment to make don't make one at all.
Seems to me, that you are the one here that can't make the decent comments, as you are saying that I can't make decent comments yet you are the one saying the f-word?

And btw, I was simply giving my opinion about it. So in a way, it was a decent comment, now go back to your corner and go cry about the unfairness in life.

Last edited by RDMC(2) (2007-05-13 03:33:33)

Tromboner999
Professional Nubcake
+58|6777|Here to Eternity

X-Ecuti0ner wrote:

RDMC(2) wrote:

Um..care?
I hate assholes like you, ... If you haven't got a f**king decent comment to make don't make one at all.
LOL @ your name calling Mr. Level-Head. I think you just pwnt yourself.
Simon
basically
+838|6791|UK
The only ones that were half decent were Sweden and Greece, WTF was up with the Ukraine?
(And russia getting 10year olds to sing)
RonnY[NL]
Chanetoy Dugali
+309|6844|Groningen / Netherlands
Eurovision song contest should be named into "communist-east-countries contest" since they all vote on each other, atleast most of the western countries vote for the best performance
CruZ4dR
Cereal Killer
+145|6789|The View From The Afternoon
Eurovision is 99% politics. East Europe countries always dominate. Norway always give high points to Sweden and Denmark.
teek22
Add "teek22" on your PS3 fools!
+133|6514|Bromley, London

It is all so political! Ever since UK went to War with Iraq we have come almost last everytime. Face it, none of the eruopean countries actually politcally like UK in my opinion.
crimson_grunt
Shitty Disposition (apparently)
+214|6788|Teesside, UK

teek22 wrote:

It is all so political! Ever since UK went to War with Iraq we have come almost last everytime. Face it, none of the eruopean countries actually politcally like UK in my opinion.
Possibly.  Although i Think the song itself should take most of the blame.  Check out those lyrical gems:

Scooch - Flying The Flag

This is your captain speaking; I’d like to welcome you aboard this Eurovision flight
The duration will be 3 minutes exactly – now sit back, relax and enjoy the flight

Ba-ba-da, Ba-ba-da, Ba-da-da-ba, ba-da
Duty free madam?
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
We’re flying the flag all over the world - Flying the flag for you

London to Berlin
All the way from Paris to Tallinn
Helsinki on to Prague
Don’t matter where we are –yeah yeah ye-ah

Flying high in Amsterdam
Why don’t you catch us if you can
Now we’re cruising in the sky
And we’re singing it for you

Some salted nuts sir?
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

We’re flying the flag all over the world
Flying the flag for you
Would you like a complimentary drink with your meal sir?
Flying the flag for you…

Ladies & Gentlemen, your exits are located here, here and here
To fasten your seatbelt insert the fitting
To use the life vest, slip it over your head
Pull firmly on the red cord and blow into the mouthpiece

Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

Flying the flag for you

We’re flying the flag all over the world - yes we’re flying - take you all around the world
Flying the flag for you
Would you like something to suck on for landing sir?
We’re flying the flag all over the world - yes we’re flying - take you all around the world
Flying the flag for you…

We’d like to thank you for flying with us today

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/eurovision/ … ch_lyrics/
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6423|Éire
Thanks a lot Britain ...no points! You just made the little black book of enemies! This could set the peace process back years[/sarcasm]
legionair
back to i-life
+336|6756|EU

That whole process is bullshit. So many times you see great songs, but they get only few votes.
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6871|The Hague, Netherlands

X-Ecuti0ner wrote:

been going on for years now........

400,000 less people here watched it this year............
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard