hollabackitsobi
+1|6255

AudioAtomica wrote:

Personally I would like to see the points changed. I think you should get one point for a regular kill, 2 points for a kill from a headshot, 2 points for knife kill,  .5 point for revive, .5 for heal, .5 for repair, 1 point from any exposive, and they should make it so your own ammo bags can not resupply you and your own med packs can not heal you, And clays should not be resuppliable.
lol 2 points for HS because you're a sniper. That's pretty retarded IMO. A kills a kill, no game that I've played gives you extra kill points for a HS. Plus .5 points wouldn't really work, and lol at the .5 for repairs. It's not like anyone complains about repair whores lol.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6508|so randum

hollabackitsobi wrote:

AudioAtomica wrote:

Personally I would like to see the points changed. I think you should get one point for a regular kill, 2 points for a kill from a headshot, 2 points for knife kill,  .5 point for revive, .5 for heal, .5 for repair, 1 point from any exposive, and they should make it so your own ammo bags can not resupply you and your own med packs can not heal you, And clays should not be resuppliable.
lol 2 points for HS because you're a sniper. That's pretty retarded IMO. A kills a kill, no game that I've played gives you extra kill points for a HS. Plus .5 points wouldn't really work, and lol at the .5 for repairs. It's not like anyone complains about repair whores lol.
PR rewards people who kill at longer range. And bf2142 has a .5 point system in place, and it works just fine. GJ.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
eisBär
+22|6252|Germany
Some of these ideas seem a little complex for an arcade-style shooter. Rewarding time played and rank too much has been discussed a lot, but fundamentally, for this type of shooter to work, a skilled player should be able to win with a private account or a 4-star account as it currently (basically) is.

The one thing I'd like to see changed is that you could use an unlock to unlock a stock weapon across all armies. "Then all the U.S. guys would use the AK all the time" - yup, exactly my idea. I doubt this would cause the kind of 'balance' issues that people are going to inevitably point out. You can play on unranked servers where the flags are switched around and the MeC (for example) is in the position of the U.S. and you'll see that the map isn't really set up to account for weapons differences (infantry weapons, at least). "Then nobody would use the M16 or so forth"  - meh, lots of people like that gun, I think people would still use it.

Last edited by eisBär (2007-05-09 16:44:40)

dubbs
+105|6640|Lexington, KY
How about letting me use my unlocks in a unranked server?
AudioAtomica
+53|6258

hollabackitsobi wrote:

AudioAtomica wrote:

Because I'm a sniper? I've haven't sniped in forever, I have atleast 6-7 accounts, the one that I linked to just happens to be my sniping account that I used when I was with WOoKie. I whore RPK/PKM and Pump shottie much more than I ever could whore the M24. I say 2 points for a HS because they're far more difficult to get. I suggested the lowered points so ranks and medals and badges would be twice as difficult to get and would require that much more dedication and skill.

Lol at you being really, really stupid.
Fenix14
scout rush kekeke ^___^
+116|6565|Brisbane, Aus

eisBär wrote:

Some of these ideas seem a little complex for an arcade-style shooter. Rewarding time played and rank too much has been discussed a lot, but fundamentally, for this type of shooter to work, a skilled player should be able to win with a private account or a 4-star account as it currently (basically) is.

The one thing I'd like to see changed is that you could use an unlock to unlock a stock weapon across all armies. "Then all the U.S. guys would use the AK all the time" - yup, exactly my idea. I doubt this would cause the kind of 'balance' issues that people are going to inevitably point out. You can play on unranked servers where the flags are switched around and the MeC (for example) is in the position of the U.S. and you'll see that the map isn't really set up to account for weapons differences (infantry weapons, at least). "Then nobody would use the M16 or so forth"  - meh, lots of people like that gun, I think people would still use it.
Thats a nice idea actually..

I'd like to see the Engineer's AT mines be thrown like C4 in 1.0 BF2 or even further, so you could potentially throw them from hotel flag onto the road if your on Karkand.

Give the medic an MP5 or equivalent, and AT gets their rifle.

Lastly I reckon giving the engineer's spanner an melae attack that'd be a nice humorous edition and I'd play that kit more (could balance it out by the repair bar going down after each strike)
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6476
Make J-10 hit box not as funky

Make G36E have slightly more deviation added per shot.

Increase the Minimum deviation of the SMGs.

Make gheymores removable with nades, C4, rockets etc

Only gameplay changes that could make BF2 any better at this points.
Jemme101
M24 Abuser
+99|6509|Valley of the Dragons

blendiys wrote:

The range of the TV-Missile is 450m and for the sniper 500m. I don't know if this is true in the "real world".
Mines should kill infantry too!
Google is your friend ...

The range for snipers in BF2 is only limited by the Fog, which can run up to 610 meters (Dalian Plant). Check also the Fog - View table I made.

The furthest Extreme Long Distance shot was made by plastic_budgie on Dalian Plant - 629 meters. Budgie retired some time ago from the game. This shot however looked like a setup which was never disputed by Budgie.

Present Extreme Long Distance Record is held by dont_be_ss at 595 meters on Dalian Plant again. I dont have the Vid here, but it was from the CargoLift to the Carrier if I remember correctly. I got his previous one from the Arti Island to the CargoLift, also on Dalian Plant - 554 meters.

Carlos Hathcock (Vietnam War) held the record of longest confirmed kill at a distance of 2,250 meters for 35 years until 2002. It was replaced by PPCLI Canadian Soldier Corporal Rob Furlong (Operation Anaconda, Afghanistan) - who set the record for the longest-ever recorded and confirmed sniper kill at 2,430 metres.

The mines in BF2 are the AntiTank (AT) version not the AntiPersonel (AP).

Last edited by Jemme101 (2007-05-10 02:55:03)

Bernadictus
+1,055|6745

AudioAtomica wrote:

Alright I'm not trying to complain about medics or anything like that, and I nkow we prolly won't get another patch...

But let's say we WILL get another patch and EA/Dice say they're willing to fix the balance issues with the kits.

What are your ideas?

Note: This isn't for J-10's or how much you hate the G36E "lyk3 ZOMG!!!". I would like intelligent (more or lesS) responses to things that you the player and consumer who bought this game would like to see changed assuming a patch is coming out promising balance issues resolved. Now I know this isn't going to happen and if it did there would only be more issues so please refrain from stating those things.

that would make nade spammers have to pair up, making them easier to find and kick/ban from your server,  it would result in people not wanting to revive whore so much seeing how they'd be doing twice the work they had to before...

Some downsides would be..
Most of the med whores might not even med whore anymore due to the fact they get no l33t points. So you won't be revived as much.

Some other tweaks I'd like to see is... I want to see the bullets fire in a pre-designed pattern, not that cone-random-deviation crap. I'd like the M16's recoil to be reduced, not ALOT, just slightly. I'd like to see the M249 slightly more powerful. A headshot should = death no matter the weapon. Your sprint should last longer then normal if you have your knife out. Hitboxes need to be anchored to the model. Bullets need to come from the weapon model, not the charater model's solar plexus. And C4 should be able to be thrown again.

Again this discussion is mainly for Kits and things closely related, this thread has nothing to do with vehicles or maps or glitchs or "zomg teh bunny hoppers!".
So basically your saying: cut all player ability and kill score in half. And up that of a headshot and knife?
For what? War is war. You choise the method of killing. And cutting resupply etc in half will only make players NOT want to pick those classes. Period.

Making it impossible to resupply yourself? Grouping up with other nade spammers to kick them from your server? Reading this makes me realize you have no tactics, and that makes you just a big crybaby as those that got the GL's and Blackhawk nerfed.

No more claymore resupplies? How about recoding those damn things to act like the 2142 APM's. Which can be negotiated by crawling over them.

Longer sprint with a knife out? Go play counterstrike.

Im sick of all you fricking crybabies ruining the game with your proposals for a 'better' balance. Learn to fricking aim, learn to evade, use your surroundings, know the possible locations where claymores are likely to be positioned, not instead you whine about everything.

Bunnyhoping, nadespamming, tankwhoring, baseraping, planewhoring, heliwhoring, solo tving, ak101 whoring, gl whoring, claymore spamming, c4 chucking.

If people like you would own too many gameservers, we would need a different screen alone to display the rules.

Don't nerf, evolve.
~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6330|Orrstrayleea

Jameseyy wrote:

David.Podedworny wrote:

Tdog2007 wrote:

David.Podedworny wrote:

#1. Take away c4 from spec ops give it to the engineers instead and give the spec ops timed demo charges.
isn't that in 2142??

David.Podedworny wrote:

#2. Give Spec, Sniper, and Assault a laser sight on their pistols.
r u dumb? they do give u crosshairs on the screen u ****.

David.Podedworny wrote:

#4. Anti-Tank should have an assault rifle instead of smg.
wut's the point?

David.Podedworny wrote:

#5. Ability to shoot pistols underwater.
again, wut's the point? unless there's some patch i dont know about, you SWIM in the water and cant shoot. be a real bitch to shoot and swim at the same time. lol, u'd be swimming in a circle if swimming and shooting at the same time. in which case would have to stop to fire, then ur a real easy target...

David.Podedworny wrote:

#6. Smg as side arm.

its easier if ur not a noob that walks straight into where they're comming from...
You got a fucken problem? Seriously? It seems i'm having lots of problems with assholes these past few days.
I suggest seeing your doctor, it could be piles. Or stay away from those little cottages you like to visit
No, i think David fine, but in this thread jamesy has'nt contributed one usefull idea, just criticised everyone else's ideas
VicktorVauhn
+319|6400|Southern California
I just wanna be able to pick back up my claymores and C4...

I could set sooo many badass defensive C4 traps, if it wasn't for the fact that most the time you have to wait so long for a propper targer. I would like to get to a position, set up a defence do my thing, grab the C4 back I didn't use and take off.

Same thing with clays....I think it would mean less claymore spamming too, because snipers wowuldn't be leaving them around so much, they would be used actively for defence more often rather then just being left in high traffic areas as traps.
AudioAtomica
+53|6258

Bernadictus wrote:

So basically your saying: cut all player ability and kill score in half. And up that of a headshot and knife?
For what? War is war. You choise the method of killing. And cutting resupply etc in half will only make players NOT want to pick those classes. Period.

Making it impossible to resupply yourself? Grouping up with other nade spammers to kick them from your server? Reading this makes me realize you have no tactics, and that makes you just a big crybaby as those that got the GL's and Blackhawk nerfed.

No more claymore resupplies? How about recoding those damn things to act like the 2142 APM's. Which can be negotiated by crawling over them.

Longer sprint with a knife out? Go play counterstrike.

Im sick of all you fricking crybabies ruining the game with your proposals for a 'better' balance. Learn to fricking aim, learn to evade, use your surroundings, know the possible locations where claymores are likely to be positioned, not instead you whine about everything.

Bunnyhoping, nadespamming, tankwhoring, baseraping, planewhoring, heliwhoring, solo tving, ak101 whoring, gl whoring, claymore spamming, c4 chucking.

If people like you would own too many gameservers, we would need a different screen alone to display the rules.

Don't nerf, evolve.
That isn't what I said at all, I gave suggestions, ideas that might help stop the problems we already have. And dont kid yourself, no one throws down a medpack or ammo anyway unles it's a knife and pistol server, they'd much rather wait until you're dead and revive you and get 2 points. The concept of there being a difficulty in accumulating points is meant to inspire teamwork, so you have to work together to keep from letting the other team get a flag, so you can continually rape then and get the most points. Get it? With the points set up as is, you can't rely on your teamates sucking and your ability to mass 150+ points within minutes.

Crybaby? I specificaly pointed out I wasn't trying to whine, and that I had a few suggestions.

No one whines about "tankwhoring" or "ak101 whoring" Wtf are you talking you about.

Lol just because I have ideas that I feel would improve the game and stop people from expoiting the game I automatically hate everything, and wish every server has 453523453 rules?

These kids get smarter and smarter.

/sacasm  <---because I don't feel you're smart enough to realise it.

Last edited by AudioAtomica (2007-05-10 11:57:03)

hollabackitsobi
+1|6255

AudioAtomica wrote:

hollabackitsobi wrote:

AudioAtomica wrote:

Because I'm a sniper? I've haven't sniped in forever, I have atleast 6-7 accounts, the one that I linked to just happens to be my sniping account that I used when I was with WOoKie. I whore RPK/PKM and Pump shottie much more than I ever could whore the M24. I say 2 points for a HS because they're far more difficult to get. I suggested the lowered points so ranks and medals and badges would be twice as difficult to get and would require that much more dedication and skill.

Lol at you being really, really stupid.
No need to call me stupid over the internet, I made no stabs at your intellect. You post stupid ideas, and I reply. And BTW this is BF2, not 2142 so the .5 point thing doesn't make much sense here.
AudioAtomica
+53|6258

hollabackitsobi wrote:

No need to call me stupid over the internet, I made no stabs at your intellect. You post stupid ideas, and I reply. And BTW this is BF2, not 2142 so the .5 point thing doesn't make much sense here.
I didn't call you stupid, I stated that I "Laughed at loud" when you were indeed "...really, really stupid." If you say stupid things, you're bound to be laughed at for being stupid.

Well from what I've heard 2142 might as well be a BF2 mod. So I don't see what's wrong with the .5.
Bullet_Force
+3|6205|Australia
Some good points, there I agree on the smoke grenande thing assault need another 1. Medics though are fine the way they are atm and support could do with a limited amount of ammo bags.
cpt._crust
+3|6519
I'd like to be able to switch kits on the fly at some station or resupply depot.

I'd also like to see (and this is wishful thinking in the extreme) a heavy assault kit.  Minigun.  Backpack full of ammo.  No sprint.  No jump.  Maybe a boost of +1.5 on the armor.  Maybe that's not today's battlefield, but I think it would be fun to see four soldiers down the street, and as they all immediately prone or start hopping, the minigun would hose all four in a generous burst... then the sniper half a mile away puts an end to that. 
David.P
Banned
+649|6282

cpt._crust wrote:

I'd like to be able to switch kits on the fly at some station or resupply depot.

I'd also like to see (and this is wishful thinking in the extreme) a heavy assault kit.  Minigun.  Backpack full of ammo.  No sprint.  No jump.  Maybe a boost of +1.5 on the armor.  Maybe that's not today's battlefield, but I think it would be fun to see four soldiers down the street, and as they all immediately prone or start hopping, the minigun would hose all four in a generous burst... then the sniper half a mile away puts an end to that. 
That would be more of a heavy support kit. I would love to see a marksman kit so the us can finally have a semi auto scoped rifle that can stand up to the svd and qbu-88.
benzoenator
+4|6246
.5 is the stupidest idea I've ever heard. I think all you Karkand I/O whores should see the game from other perspectives. Your basing a majority of all these suggestions from this situation, when there are like a dozen other maps that the game is designed for also, where the current point system works fine. If we're going reality, then maybe medics shouldn't be able to heal themselves. But support can resupply fine IRL, so it should be able to resupply itself.

Keep the current point system.
TurDlich
Recovering Karkand Addict
+8|6661|Bottom of the bowl
I want the ability to spot enemy mines or at least have the option to radio "say"  enemy mines.  wth is up with that?  (someone mentioned this earlier)

Do away with unlocks.  Instead, each kit could have a choice for the main weapon right from the get go.  I would agree with the current assault kits set up.  If you chose the F2000 you get FBs, if not, the you get smoke grenades.

edit: clarity

Last edited by TurDlich (2007-05-11 17:58:49)

{XpLiCiTxX}
Ohh skeet skeet
+143|6478|New York
The only thing I've read here that could possibly happen is being able to destroy a claymore with C4 as spec ops. 

Giving the G36E to assault isn't a bad idea either.  It'll never happen, but still kudos for thinking it.
Weh-Weh
DUDE
+2|6206|Reno, NV
Give the sniper a silenced 50AE desert eagle
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6336

I've come here just to say that ALL of you have wasted your time arguing about this! Just say NO and play the game how it is. Or go and play whatever version you want. It doesn't matter what we say EA/DERRCE will change whatever they want to piss us off.

Last edited by Im_Dooomed (2007-05-12 13:06:55)

Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
obstacle02
+3|6524
not to bring up an old topic, but one thing i think would help is if Medics got 1 (maybe even .5) point for kills, rather than the two they normally get. i think this would really help balance the points.
psH
Banned
+217|6392|Sydney

David.Podedworny wrote:

#1. Take away c4 from spec ops give it to the engineers instead and give the spec ops timed demo charges.

#2. Give Spec, Sniper, and Assault a laser sight on their pistols.

#3. Assault should have more then 1 smoke grenade.

#4. Anti-Tank should have an assault rifle instead of smg.

#5. Ability to shoot pistols underwater.

#6. Smg as side arm.

#7. And most important of all Take away nades from the support gunners.
Pistols underwater? Wouldn't that need a whole new game engine?

Laser sight on pistols? Lol, not gonna happen.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6770

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard