{uscm}Jyden
You likey leaky?
+433|6686|In You Endo- Stoke
I have seen loads of people with different country prefixes but it doesn't bother me at all.

Depending on the Country depends if they are going to understand me if i try to talk to them.
AmbassadorofPain
+34|6665|Devil's Perch
I've definitely seen, in addition to those already mentioned, POR (Portugal), PL (Poland) and CZ (Czech Republic).

I wouldn't interprete too much into that, though.

There's other stuff I personally find more offensive than someone telling me about their origin in his nickname.
Proud member of a dead community.
Jemme101
M24 Abuser
+99|6508|Valley of the Dragons
I know the people from Turkey use [TUR]
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6294|eng

blacklupus wrote:

I had a national tag for quite a long time before i joined a clan. But only to show others, what language i speak. There was no other reason as i like my country or stuff...
It's blacklupus!!

Back to topic, i do not find it offensive, i was just making an observation.
#rekt
Jemme101
M24 Abuser
I guess people put on the tag so other players can VOIP them and get in the same squad?
De_Jappe
Triarii
+432|6535|Belgium

Most I've seen is GER and FIN without a doubt.

Occasionally another country tag too.
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6740|St. Andrews / Oslo

The reason people play with those tags, is because they want to show where they are from and it is always fun to meet people from the same country as you

Especialy for me, as there aren't that many Norwegians on the international servers!
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6373|California
my tags are CHINA! <- exactly like that. so if you see CHINA! Shadow.rocks
its me and get ready to get owned.
pj666
+16|6373|Sydney, Australia
It depends whether you are playing foreign servers or not. If you play servers with a good mix of nationalities, it is always interesting to see where people are from.

Some Aussie players have AUS or .au in their names. But I assume most Aussies play Aussie servers because the ping on foreign servers might be too high. Having said that, I have seen a few foreign players on Aussie servers I normally play, and when I first started playing I played a couple of Euro servers until I worked out I needed a patch to play most.
Jemme101
M24 Abuser

pj666 wrote:

It depends whether you are playing foreign servers or not. If you play servers with a good mix of nationalities, it is always interesting to see where people are from.

Some Aussie players have AUS or .au in their names. But I assume most Aussies play Aussie servers because the ping on foreign servers might be too high. Having said that, I have seen a few foreign players on Aussie servers I normally play, and when I first started playing I played a couple of Euro servers until I worked out I needed a patch to play most.
WHenever I see th .au / AUS my first thought is they are from Austria, not Australia I think the Austrians are using .at ?
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6446|King Of The Islands

Reason 1: The name without the 'country modifier' was taken.

Reason 2: Patriotism.

Reason 3: To find others who 'speaka ma language'

Reason 4: The name without the 'country modifier' was taken.
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
Drakef
Cheeseburger Logicist
+117|6369|Vancouver
Nope. It's my home, but I see no need to flaunt it. Pointless patriotism and pride. Besides, has anyone ever seen  a Canadian tag?
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6566|Hungary
Dont forget [HUN] as i would add this to my account but I cant....dont ask me what country is this coz i will get fucking mad and i will start whine about your general knowledge..so anyone ?
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6446|King Of The Islands

Drakef wrote:

Nope. It's my home, but I see no need to flaunt it. Pointless patriotism and pride. Besides, has anyone ever seen  a Canadian tag?
Nope, not me... Never
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
Jemme101
M24 Abuser

venom6 wrote:

Dont forget [HUN] as i would add this to my account but I cant....dont ask me what country is this coz i will get fucking mad and i will start whine about your general knowledge..so anyone ?
Hungary ... what do I win
[Hive]-Twist
+13|6373
I never see anyone with [USA] or [CAN] tags...
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6331|Graz, Austria
I think this has not much to do with patriotism, but more with being able to spot people that you can talk in your native language.
Since I speak and write English well enough, I don't care about showing that I'm from Austria and speak German too.

One time I played the gunner in a heli with a good pilot and we messed up the enemy real good and both got real high scores.
We were only communicating by chat in English until I typed swear words in German and it turned out that the pilot guy was from Germany.

Jemme101 wrote:

WHenever I see th .au / AUS my first thought is they are from Austria, not Australia I think the Austrians are using .at ?
Austrians use AUT of course. Have used it myself a few times with square brackets as a prefix.

[Hive]-Twist wrote:

Because US Americans think that the internet belongs to them anyway?
Ninja_Monkey
I TK For Blackhawks
+60|6572|UK
ive seen "RUS" so many times
Ubersturmbannfuhrer
I am a fucking homosexual
+211|6614|Parainen, Finland
We usually have our squad named "FINLAND" after our country... It is a game so I think that everyone is free to represent themselves as they like...

C ya all on the battlefield!!!!
RECONDO67
+60|6644|miami FL
I think it's cool to have that in your name plus it helps you team up with players from your place

Have you ever played with a squad that everyone else speak a different language it's annoying.
[Hive]-Twist
+13|6373

globefish23 wrote:

[Hive]-Twist wrote:

Still doesn't explain why there are very little CAN tags. Well, aside from the fact our population is tiny.

Last edited by [Hive]-Twist (2007-05-12 07:24:59)

-[Silver.Inc*
BF2s AU Server Admin
+315|6588|Melbourne, Australia.
Used to be the trend here to make a .au account for statzors.
tahadar
Sniper!!
+183|6746|Pakistan/England
(swe), (ger) and (fin) and probably the most common tags EVER.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6638|Washington, DC

[Hive]-Twist wrote:

globefish23 wrote:

[Hive]-Twist wrote:

Still doesn't explain why there are very little CAN tags. Well, aside from the fact our population is tiny.
.CAD=my twisted idea on what Canadian's acronym was. Then I learned it was CDN. Oops. And yes, I'm half-Canadian, not some Canada-wannabe. I wouldn't have used the thing though if Hurricane wasn't taken, but some prick took the nick and never used it...

At least it stands for Canadian Dollar, meaning I can say that it's for my family's banking history in Canada (not rly).
[Hive]-Twist
+13|6373
I would think it would be CAN instead (Canada) instead of CDN(canadian)?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard