SithLord
+0|6167
I feel like such a noob asking this but I have to.  How in the hell do we get repair points??  And before you say fix shit, let me explain.  I have fixed everything under the sun and have yet to get a single repair point.  Are there only certain things that give points?
alf.ha
+5|6711|Berlin/Germany
commanders assets and occupied friendly vehicles give u repair points. but u have to repair alot of them to get a point...
UK|Hooligan
Seriously, fuck off.
+103|6659|"The Empire"
Uav should give you 2 repair points, arty however sometimes only gets you 1 point for repairing 2 of them, anything only half damaged = 0 points!!
PvtStPoK
paintball > bf2
+48|6485|montreal, quebec

actually, you have to repair something at 100%.  its like medic to have a point, but you just  cant thrown your rench near something to repair it.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6780|Nårvei

Several ways to get repair points.

*Repair damaged commander assets. A 100% damaged asset repaired gives you 1 repairpoint.
*Repair a vehicle with atleast 1 friendly soldier inside. Repairing 2x50% damaged vehicles gives you 1 repairpoint.
*Drive a vehicle and stop close enough to anything that is damaged and you will autorepair it with the same rules as above.
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
baggs
+732|6175
i got pretty much all my repair points on maps like Shonguha, using the transport choppers. naturally they take a battering on their travels and i just sit in the back and pick up repair points.

engineer is the most underbalanced kit in the game i think, need more points for repairing 'vital' assets. but you do get a good shotty
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6780|Nårvei

baggs wrote:

i got pretty much all my repair points on maps like Shonguha, using the transport choppers. naturally they take a battering on their travels and i just sit in the back and pick up repair points.

engineer is the most underbalanced kit in the game i think, need more points for repairing 'vital' assets. but you do get a good shotty
And this is one of the cool things you can get when you have 1000 repairpoints.
https://static.bf2s.com/game-images/awards/ubar/2191319.png

Last edited by Varegg (2007-05-11 05:54:53)

Wait behind the line ..............................................................
baggs
+732|6175

Varegg wrote:

baggs wrote:

And this is one of the cool things you can get when you 1000 repairpoints.
http://static.bf2s.com/game-images/awar … 191319.png
very. very. very nice indeed! ive been considering going for that medal but i feel that its something i should have started on a long time ago
BORNAS
+6|6167|Lithuania
i now how to get repeir points in raund abaut 70 need map waik island and be china tm get in to the car ho ahve 5 place and drive to  under brigh and sit to 4-5 place and repeir it
alf.ha
+5|6711|Berlin/Germany
and it will take me ages to get the 700 repair points i need for this medal...it would be so much better balanced when u would get 1 point per 50% or remain it like now but getting 2 points for 100%

edit: oh i "only" 620 points till i reach the 1000

Last edited by alf.ha (2007-05-11 06:15:08)

MrE`158
+103|6594

mazerali62 wrote:

Uav should give you 2 repair points, arty however sometimes only gets you 1 point for repairing 2 of them, anything only half damaged = 0 points!!
Warning:  This is wrong.

To get a repair point, you have to repair 100% of the health of a vehicle or asset.  You can get a point by repairing 50% of one thing and then 50% of another, of 70% and 30%, or whatever, as long as it totals 100%. 

You can only get points repairing vehicles if they're occupied by a friendly, so if you get out of your own tank and repair it while it's empty, you don't get any credit.  The only exception to this are the Phalanx turrets on the USS Essex, you can score from them even when empty.

You can also score from Commander assets; the UAV shack, the Scanning Radar dish and the Artillery guns.  One thing to note about these is that they can go below 0% health.  If someone puts 3 C4's on one, for example, it'll go to -50%, if they use 4, it'll go to -100%.  It does take longer to repair these when 'damaged below 0', but you get the credit for it, so if someone used 6 C4's to blow the UAV and Radar to -150% each, you could potentially get 3 repair points for fixing them both completely.

Vehicles with less hit points, like buggies, are faster to repair, but because they're so soft they often just get blown up.

While you can of course run around and wrench things by hand, you may be better off driving around.  If you're in a vehicle, anything within a certain radius of you will be automatically repaired.  This works at the same rate as hand-wrenching, but there's no limit to how long you can repair for (the wrench runs out of 'energy').  You can drive around behind tanks repairing them as they fight.  Sometimes you can position a car between two things and repair them both at once (like the Chinese artillery guns on Wake), which is much more efficient.  Vodniks, Humvees and FAV's are good for this since you can sit in the gunners position and cover yourself from approaching infantry (harder to do in a DPV).

Hope that helps, and good luck!
Roomba
You will pay the price for your lack of vision.
+26|6463|Land of Cotton
What about repairing bridges? Is it friendly-flag dependent? I have repaired some by hand and riding in a vehicle. Does any of it count towards the cumulative repair point total?

Yeah, I'm playing Eng right now to get that medal. I need ~660 or so. It seems to take forever! But the Eng kit is turning out to be more fun than I expected.
cosworth1983
+21|6456|Enschede / Netherlands
I also find it very hard to get me some repair points,   ive played over 100 hours with the engineers kit,  and only have a misserble 194 repair points.
I only need 6 hours with support, and then i have all gold on all the kits,   when that's done i start working on my repair points,  i only need another 806 to get it. 

Greetz
Drexel
+43|6447|Philadelphia

MrE`158 wrote:

You can also score from Commander assets; the UAV shack, the Scanning Radar dish and the Artillery guns.  One thing to note about these is that they can go below 0% health.  If someone puts 3 C4's on one, for example, it'll go to -50%, if they use 4, it'll go to -100%.  It does take longer to repair these when 'damaged below 0'
That's why when I'm spec Ops, and a support guy is with me, I always put all 5 on it.  Takes a LONG time to repair it with those pesky supply crates.

**PS** I'd love to do an experiment on these things, see if it keeps compounding.  Imagine how long it'd take to repair that uav when you put 50+ C4 on it

Last edited by Drexel (2007-05-11 10:23:35)

FlemishHCmaniac
+147|6383|Belgium
Most people tankwhore while being engineer and expect loads of repairs but the truth is if you want repairs you'll have to do an effort (unlike getting heals and supply points). If you hear the voice saying artillery, uav or satellite scan has been destroyed then get your ass to your assets. Tankwhores also appreciate a gunner who hops out to repair when needed. Or if you have SF, an easy way to get a lot of repairs is being on the SEALS team on Iron Gator. A good MECSF team will destroy the USS Essex to give their Hind and transport chopper freedom and you'll always have something to repair.
octothorpe
+2|6187

Drexel wrote:

MrE`158 wrote:

You can also score from Commander assets; the UAV shack, the Scanning Radar dish and the Artillery guns.  One thing to note about these is that they can go below 0% health.  If someone puts 3 C4's on one, for example, it'll go to -50%, if they use 4, it'll go to -100%.  It does take longer to repair these when 'damaged below 0'
That's why when I'm spec Ops, and a support guy is with me, I always put all 5 on it.  Takes a LONG time to repair it with those pesky supply crates.

**PS** I'd love to do an experiment on these things, see if it keeps compounding.  Imagine how long it'd take to repair that uav when you put 50+ C4 on it
That's why if no one comes to kill you, you grenade his supplies box before running off.
MrE`158
+103|6594

Roomba wrote:

What about repairing bridges? Is it friendly-flag dependent? I have repaired some by hand and riding in a vehicle. Does any of it count towards the cumulative repair point total?

Yeah, I'm playing Eng right now to get that medal. I need ~660 or so. It seems to take forever! But the Eng kit is turning out to be more fun than I expected.
No, you don't get any points for repairing bridges, no matter how important it might be to the team.  If someone can't get into it, and it's not a commander toy, no points.  For example, the barrels that explode when shot can actually be repaired if you feel like it, there's just fuck all point to it.

Other than the obvious, the only thing you can also score points off repairing are the static AA sites and TOW/HJ-8's.  Mounted machine-guns don't take damage, so you can't repair them, and obviously if you want to score a repair point there has to be someone manning the weapon while you repair it.  Like buggies, though, they're a bit fragile, usually when someone attacks an IGLA or TOW they blow it up, so don't count on too many repair points from them.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6652|Disaster Free Zone

Drexel wrote:

MrE`158 wrote:

-100% is the lowest health they can get to.
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6714|Reality

BORNAS wrote:

i now how to get repeir points in raund abaut 70 need map waik island and be china tm get in to the car ho ahve 5 place and drive to  under brigh and sit to 4-5 place and repeir it
PADDING IDIOT
Good way to lose your stats. All it takes is some screen shots to EA and hello private.
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6714|Reality

MrE`158 wrote:

mazerali62 wrote:

Warning:  This is wrong.

To get a repair point, you have to repair 100% of the health of a vehicle or asset.  You can get a point by repairing 50% of one thing and then 50% of another, of 70% and 30%, or whatever, as long as it totals 100%. 

You can only get points repairing vehicles if they're occupied by a friendly, so if you get out of your own tank and repair it while it's empty, you don't get any credit.  The only exception to this are the Phalanx turrets on the USS Essex, you can score from them even when empty.

You can also score from Commander assets; the UAV shack, the Scanning Radar dish and the Artillery guns.  One thing to note about these is that they can go below 0% health.  If someone puts 3 C4's on one, for example, it'll go to -50%, if they use 4, it'll go to -100%.  It does take longer to repair these when 'damaged below 0', but you get the credit for it, so if someone used 6 C4's to blow the UAV and Radar to -150% each, you could potentially get 3 repair points for fixing them both completely.

Vehicles with less hit points, like buggies, are faster to repair, but because they're so soft they often just get blown up.

While you can of course run around and wrench things by hand, you may be better off driving around.  If you're in a vehicle, anything within a certain radius of you will be automatically repaired.  This works at the same rate as hand-wrenching, but there's no limit to how long you can repair for (the wrench runs out of 'energy').  You can drive around behind tanks repairing them as they fight.  Sometimes you can position a car between two things and repair them both at once (like the Chinese artillery guns on Wake), which is much more efficient.  Vodniks, Humvees and FAV's are good for this since you can sit in the gunners position and cover yourself from approaching infantry (harder to do in a DPV).

Hope that helps, and good luck!
QFE because he got it all right. Shame on the rest of you.

PS Although some think it is padding (they are wrong), you can do the following: While commander and in your command screen you can repair your toys if you are in a vehicle. Very efficient use of your engineer kit.
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard