spacebandit72
Dead Meat
+121|6743|Michigan
OK, I just called ASUS and they told me to Unistall Vista and put XP back on my computer.
Well, I paid $250.00 for vista so they can lick me.

I guess this mobo is not compatible with vista. It seems to work fine only one problem... I cannot change my ram speed from 333mhz to 400mhz. If anyone here knows how I can do this other than installing XP, please let me know!!!

I just don't undersdtand why they couldn't patch this but anyway... any ideas would be coool!
Thanks!
Volatile
+252|6717|Sextupling in Empire

Try reinstalling vista this way.

MECtallica
+73|6517|jalalabad
rofl,

"please uninstall vista, as it will not work, install XP"

so I didnt uninstall vista, and it doesnt work, WTF?
BeerzGod
Hooray Beer!
+94|6583|United States
Basically... fuck Vista. You're better off reinstalling XP for now anyways.
GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6427|Finland

Lol, I have Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe and there is something wrong with ram speeds even on xp (lowers ram speed at full load to 333mhz) Lol. I just found out that these new BIOSes will do that (looks like this board wasn't stable enough when using ddr 400 at full load). fking asus..........

from asus bios info: "3. Modify DDR max speed from 400MHz to 333Hz when full loading"
3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6506|N. Ireland
My Asus P5W DH Deluxe is unable to change RAM from PC2-5400 to PC2-6400! Although I think the latest BIOS revision took care of that.
tehz
<3 Bosnia
+11|6513|gulf of oman

spacebandit72 wrote:

OK, I just called ASUS and they told me to Unistall Vista and put XP back on my computer.
Well, I paid $250.00 for vista so they can lick me.

I guess this mobo is not compatible with vista. It seems to work fine only one problem... I cannot change my ram speed from 333mhz to 400mhz. If anyone here knows how I can do this other than installing XP, please let me know!!!

I just don't undersdtand why they couldn't patch this but anyway... any ideas would be coool!
Thanks!
what bios version, how many sticks of ram/type of ram and is it 2t or 1t command rate?
spacebandit72
Dead Meat
+121|6743|Michigan
OK, sorry it took so long to respond. I posted then went to work.

The video was cool!

As for the ram running @ 333mhz instead of 400mhz, you need to install ntune and only have one stick of ram on your machine to start with. It will then let you kick it up to 400mhz. Then you install all your other ram and you'll be ok. Oh, will not work with vista.

My Bios... not sure. I was going to download the latest version but realized there was not a version for vista!
2t or 1t... not sure what that is. I have 2x 1gb pc3200 ddr400  266mhz/333mhz/400mhz.

As I said, Vista runs great on  my system, just can't get max speed from my ram.

Thanks for the attempts to help me.
spacebandit72
Dead Meat
+121|6743|Michigan

MECtallica wrote:

rofl,

"please uninstall vista, as it will not work, install XP"

so I didnt uninstall vista, and it doesnt work, WTF?
haha, I know... just thought there was someone out there that may have found an answer to the prob dude.
Still... +1 cause you made a funny but accurate point.
tehz
<3 Bosnia
+11|6513|gulf of oman
if you could run cpuz, go to the about tab, hit registers dump button and save the text file it generates somewhere. copy and paste the information from the text file between [ code] [ /code] i may be able to help, i have the same motherboard.

the bios is not dependant on the operating system, the newest version is 1302beta, it's worked fine for me since last year. motherboard drivers for this motherboard and vista can be found here for 32 bit and 64 bit. however, motherboard drivers do not control memory speed, your bios does.

this motherboard will not allow 4 sticks of ram to run at 400mhz with 1t command rate, yours has 2 sticks so that isn't the problem, since you don't know what 1t or 2t command rate is, you are more than likely using 2t.
joker3327
=IBF2=
+305|6611|Cheshire. UK
spacebandit72
Dead Meat
+121|6743|Michigan
Thank you tehz.
I'll run cpuz but it will be later today or tomorrow early morning... dang job and having to sleep and all. Sorry.
tehz
<3 Bosnia
+11|6513|gulf of oman
no problems, real life comes first.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard