Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6688|USA
Pertaining to my own situation the other day.

If your on Ghosttown, the base in the South West Corner, spawns the HInd closest to the SAS base. The Stinger for the SAS base can reach the hind when its taking off. NOw if a server has a rule not to attack the uncaps, is it fair for the commander to sit in the stinger and spawn rape the Hind from the uncaps even though you can't attack him?

Not mentioning any names or the gay fucking server I was on. it happened to me twice, I went spec-ops, ran in tagged the commander blew the UAV. On my way to the SAT dish, I kille dhim again and went to blow that. but no, I was kicked for spawn raping. Fag.

So whats the deal? If I cant go in, he shouldn't be able to shoot out is my stance on this. Whatcha think?

I searched too and came up with shit.
AlienWrath2121
+7|6338|Behind you with a large rifle
Personally I dont like the no uncap rape rules for this very reason.  However, our server enforces a no rape uncap policy and we approach it this way...  If your bombing to take out command assets, fine.  If someone engages you in AA or some other vehicle(ie FAV machine gunning helicopter from inside uncap), they are then taking advantage of the protection of the uncap and are no longer safe.  We enforce a no rape of the uncap rule as we have found through interactions with our visitors that it allows for a "fairer" game(perhaps that's just a feeling more then a reality).  Seems a little backwards to allow for a "protected" area and then allow people in that area to launch offensive attacks with no threat of retaliation...  almost like a form of stat padding.  But there is no clear cut rules regarding what is or is not acceptable when using a no uncap attack rule, so it's not unreasonable that it's up to the server admin to decide.
daemonicust
+4|6269|Manukau
Take him out, his intention is to kill you, so stop that intention by putting a cap in his ass.

Any admin dudes who aren't on drunk or blind should see that the dude in the AA is fair game.
too_money2007
+145|6334|Keller, Tx
Uncap rules are for pussies that can't defend themselves. If you're being hammered in your uncap and you have no flags, spawn as AT to get the tanks and get your chopper/jets in the air. Sit in your AA stations until you get out. It's not that hard. have a car of 3 guys sneek away and cap a flag or two behind everyone's backs. One of the worst server rules IMO.
AlienWrath2121

too_money2007 wrote:

Uncap rules are for pussies that can't defend themselves. If you're being hammered in your uncap and you have no flags, spawn as AT to get the tanks and get your chopper/jets in the air. Sit in your AA stations until you get out. It's not that hard. have a car of 3 guys sneek away and cap a flag or two behind everyone's backs. One of the worst server rules IMO.
Good advice, even if it didnt answer his question.
BeerzGod
Hooray Beer!
+94|6596|United States
In my opinion not attacking uncaps is probably the worst rule there is. War game = no rules. But I understand why some admins enforce them. All you can really do in this situation is complain... admins set their own rules, and you can expect to get kicked if you don't obey them, no matter how lame it is (Especially in the situation you noted). However, even with that rule in place, I've never considered destroying Stinger's/AA's as raping an uncap. I think you got kicked for a non-valid reason. Striking offensively from the safety of an uncap, in my book, is just the same as out right attacking it.
too_money2007
+145|6334|Keller, Tx

AlienWrath2121 wrote:

too_money2007 wrote:

Good advice, even if it didnt answer his question.
Always trying to start something now it seems... so sad...
Snipingruven
The Anti-Sniper
+12|6563|Las Vegas
If I am shot at from the uncap in any way, it's fair game. period. rules be damned. if they kick me, oh well, been kicked for stupider shit, and they r still dead.
rambo43
Banned
+35|6249
does anyone know any servers that allow baserape? sick of getting banned for "spawn rape"
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6495

Snipingruven wrote:

If I am shot at from the uncap in any way, it's fair game. period. rules be damned. if they kick me, oh well, been kicked for stupider shit, and they r still dead.
Not after 15 seconds!

For Ghost Town stinger.
It's just fair to take them out, it's not like carrier on wake or anything. They can shoot to flags from there and if you can't take them out, you can't defend one(or two) flag(s).
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6591|Area 51

rambo43 wrote:

does anyone know any servers that allow baserape? sick of getting banned for "spawn rape"
If you mean a Ghost Town server that allows baserape, try Max Carnage. Only I experience a lot of lag and hitreg problems on the server, but it could just be my pc, as it is failing on me lately.
AlienWrath2121

too_money2007 wrote:

Not really... I was actually serious, it was good advice at how to avoid rape at an uncap, but his question was what should you do if someone is using the protection of the uncap to attack out at him from.  Sorry if you thought I was trying to start something.
too_money2007
+145|6334|Keller, Tx

AlienWrath2121 wrote:

too_money2007 wrote:

Not really... I was actually serious, it was good advice at how to avoid rape at an uncap, but his question was what should you do if someone is using the protection of the uncap to attack out at him from.  Sorry if you thought I was trying to start something.
My bad.

Last edited by too_money2007 (2007-05-11 13:40:43)

Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6769|Reality

BeerzGod wrote:

In my opinion not attacking uncaps is probably the worst rule there is. War game = no rules. But I understand why some admins enforce them. All you can really do in this situation is complain... admins set their own rules, and you can expect to get kicked if you don't obey them, no matter how lame it is (Especially in the situation you noted). However, even with that rule in place, I've never considered destroying Stinger's/AA's as raping an uncap. I think you got kicked for a non-valid reason. Striking offensively from the safety of an uncap, in my book, is just the same as out right attacking it.
QFT

If you fire at somebody you had better expect return fire.

Brings back memories of the story of the sniper 'raping' a base LMAO. I mean comeon it is 1 guy on foot. If you can't overcome a single sniper, FFS disconnect and break out the tiddly winks.
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard