General Westmoreland........
low blow
SilentscoutIX
BF2s US Server Admin
+91|6397|Vancouver, BC, Canada

Polux wrote:

William Tecumseh

Leadership Attributes:
Sherman was tenacious in battle, and served with Ulysses S Grant in his campaigns — including the siege of Vicksburg, where his tenacity payed off. Sherman led by initiative as much as by planning. During his "March to the Sea," he was cut off from supply lines and his troops lived off the land. Sherman was a soldier, not a diplomat. In fact, after the war, when his name was bandied about for a nomination, he said, "If nominated, I will not run; if elected, I will not serve."
Cobra4545
Jizz in my pants
+54|6489|Vancouver, USA
Patton for me!
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6571

avman633 wrote:

Wesley Clark
Biography:

Graduating from West Point at the head of his class, Wes Clark has achieved success throughout his military career. He served in Vietnam; was a key negotiator of the Dayton Peace Accords; and was head of the U.S. European Command. Clark was an Armor Officer who commanded at every level from company to division. As Supreme Allied Commander of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, he led the 19-member alliance to victory in Kosovo — NATO's longest and most difficult military campaign.
Leadership Attributes:

Clark has had a distinguished military career. As Commander-in-Chief, United States Southern Command, Panama, he directed all U.S. forces in Latin America and the Caribbean. As the Director, Strategic Plans and Policy, J5, the Joint Staff, he was the staff officer responsible for U.S. military strategic planning. Clark is also known for considerable diplomatic prowess — he was chiefly responsible for holding together the 19-member NATO alliance in Kosovo. He was also the lead military negotiator of the Dayton Peace Accords that brought the war in the former Yugoslavia to a halt.
Me too.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6771

lawl... I am Patton.
TeamOrange
Don't be that guy
+84|6321
I was happy when i found out mine it was
Robert E. Lee

Personally, General Lee was reserved and seemed enigmatic to his men. But on the battlefield he was daring and audacious, as at Chancellorsville, where he divided his troops in the face of greater opposing forces. His diplomatic skills were as well-honed as his generalship. For example, in his early role as presidential adviser to Jefferson Davis, he tried to ease the difficult personalities of Confederacy President Jefferson Davis and General Joseph E. Johnston.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6611|132 and Bush

Douglas MacArthur
Xbone Stormsurgezz
ShellShock.PwN
+31|6797|Barrie Ontario

S.Lythberg wrote:

Teddy Roosevelt, master of both war and politics.  Good thing too, since he's one of my most respected historical figures.
David.P
Banned
+649|6284
Ulysses S Grant! for me.
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6765|United States of America

Liberal-Sl@yer wrote:

John Paul Jones!
Leadership Attributes:
During the American revolution, Jones' mission by its very nature required initiative and working without plan. He sailed in a small group in the Atlantic looking for British merchant ships. A natural adventurer, he preferred to be where the action was. Personally, Jones was outgoing and brave in battle.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6415|North Carolina
I'm like Ulysses S. Grant?...  ugh..  this is the greatest insult possible to a Southerner...
thtthht
maximum bullshit
+50|6340|teh alien spaceshit
William Tecumseh Sherman!
agent146
+127|6396|Jesus Land aka Canada
i am ghandi....:p
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6776|Cambridge (UK)
Wesley Clark

Biography:

Graduating from West Point at the head of his class, Wes Clark has achieved success throughout his military career. He served in Vietnam; was a key negotiator of the Dayton Peace Accords; and was head of the U.S. European Command. Clark was an Armor Officer who commanded at every level from company to division. As Supreme Allied Commander of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, he led the 19-member alliance to victory in Kosovo — NATO's longest and most difficult military campaign.

Leadership Attributes:

Clark has had a distinguished military career. As Commander-in-Chief, United States Southern Command, Panama, he directed all U.S. forces in Latin America and the Caribbean. As the Director, Strategic Plans and Policy, J5, the Joint Staff, he was the staff officer responsible for U.S. military strategic planning. Clark is also known for considerable diplomatic prowess — he was chiefly responsible for holding together the 19-member NATO alliance in Kosovo. He was also the lead military negotiator of the Dayton Peace Accords that brought the war in the former Yugoslavia to a halt.
التعريفات
Squiggles
+102|6378|Cali
Duke...of....Wellington
dubbs
+105|6642|Lexington, KY

S.Lythberg wrote:

Teddy Roosevelt, master of both war and politics.  Good thing too, since he's one of my most respected historical figures.
That makes two of us.

Just to make it a little more interesting, do you play BF2 like the attributes that are given for those leaders? 

For Roosevelt it is said that he takes charge, and that is how I am.

Last edited by dubbs (2007-05-09 22:08:26)

JG1567JG
+110|6598|United States of America

Miller wrote:

Liberal-Sl@yer wrote:

John Paul Jones!
Leadership Attributes:
During the American revolution, Jones' mission by its very nature required initiative and working without plan. He sailed in a small group in the Atlantic looking for British merchant ships. A natural adventurer, he preferred to be where the action was. Personally, Jones was outgoing and brave in battle.
Same here.

rdx-fx if you changed your last answer you would've ended up with John Paul Jones
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6663|pimelteror.de

Vilham wrote:

avman633 wrote:

Wesley Clark
same
same for me

^^
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6784|Noizyland

avman633 wrote:

Wesley Clark
Biography:

Leadership Attributes:

Ditto. I'm surprised that they can delegate you such specific people after so few questions.
Heh heh. Wesley Clark sounds like he'd make a good Moderator here at Bf2s.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6663|pimelteror.de
so someone should give me mod-rights
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6774|Dallas
Napoleon Bonaparte

Biography:

Napoleon Bonaparte was one of the greatest military geniuses of all time and a colossal political figure. Born in Corsica, he attended French military schools at Brienne and Paris. In his first famous campaign, he was given command of France’s army in Italy, and quickly defeated Sardinia and Austria. This was the beginning of his legend. He captured Malta from the British, defeated the Turks in Egypt, and defeated the Austrians at Marengo. He was named military dictator of France in 1799. After a string of further victories, he was finally defeated in Russia — by the Russian winter, which decimated his troops. He continued to have victories, but he was routed at Leipzig, and France was invaded. Forced to abdicate, he returned to battle later but was finally defeated at Waterloo by a combined British and Prussian force.
Leadership Attributes:

Napoleon was a brilliant planner. In fact, he set up an entirely new system for raising and training an army that revolutionized the field. He was not only a great general but a skillful diplomat, able to consolidate and extend power through treaties and political manipulation as well as on the battlefield. After defeating Sardinia and Austria in Italy, he made several gains through the use of treaties. He set up a friendly republican regime in Lombardy, a tactic he used on other occasions.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6571

Ty wrote:

I'm surprised that they can delegate you such specific people after so few questions.
You do know it isn't exactly scientific?
theit57
I am THE Frodo Baggins.
+124|6409|6 feet under
Teddy Roosevelt

Leadership Attributes:
Teddy Roosevelt was a man of action and preferred to lead from the front. He stunned the country when he resigned his powerful and comfortable position as assistant secretary of the Navy to establish and lead the Rough Riders in the Spanish American War. He achieved lasting fame by leading his regiment in a bold charge up Kettle Hill in the Battle of Santiago. Personally, he was upbeat and dominant. As President, he was a skilled diplomat, negotiating many issues favorable to the U.S., including Alaska's boundary with Canada. He even helped bring an end to the Russo-Japanese war of 1904-1905, for which he received the Nobel Peace Prize.
Woot woot GO NAVY OOOOORRAAAHHHHHH!

Last edited by theit57 (2007-05-10 16:53:24)

Smithereener
+138|6326|California
George Washington.

George Washington was not only the first president but also an accomplished general. Against daunting odds, Washington launched a guerrilla war that lasted for six years and ultimately drove the British from the colonies. At many points during the conflict, the army was close to disintegrating. But through Washington's force of leadership, the colonists succeeded and he established a model for future American military leaders to follow.
Leadership Attributes:

General Washington was known for his cautious, measured, and highly successful generalship. Understanding that conventional war against the British was useless, he waged a well-planned guerilla campaign. He was also skilled in diplomacy, both as a politician and in his military career. He elicited French help in forcing the surrender of Cornwallis at Yorktown. Also, he deftly negotiated the relations between military and civilian authority. Personally, the first President was reserved. But he won the love and respects of his troops — and nation.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard