avman633
+116|6373
iPod Video. I have one and its great
Smithereener
+138|6325|California
I have a Creative Zen M (Black) and it is just awesome. The two negatives about the Zen for me is: It's a tad thicker than the Zune or iPod (but nothing really serious) and since the Zen is - sadly - less known/mainstream/etc. than the Zune/iPod, it's hard for me to find accessories for it at local stores. Only adapters and docks "for iPods!"

But yeah, the Zen is simply great.
Volatile
+252|6713|Sextupling in Empire

The Zen V That I got 2 months ago is the only mp3 player that I've ever had, but I have to say that it works great. I was worried that I would have to change my music files to a particular format, but with the zen all I have to do is select the songs/videos on my pc and the software transfers it over. Piece of cake.
sexecuti0ner
What kinda guy are you are?
+148|6241
I have had an iPod video for close to a year now.  I have never had another mp3 player so I don't have any reference to judge it on, but I like it.  It's really easy to put music on it (legal and illegal) but movies are somewhat harder considering you have to download a special program to convert the video files.  I have had some trouble with it freezing, but it is a pretty easy fix.  I think what I like most about it is the iHome ripoff I have that lets you plug the iPod into it and listen to it like a stereo.  Its like having a radio that only plays the music you like without any commercials.  On the Zune, I have heard that it is remarkably easy to share music, even between the actual mp3 units.  Thats about all I have heard though.  Hope this helps you make a decision.
Tdog2007
Giggity Giggity
+25|6722|US
i have a zen nano & it went through 4-5 wash cycles. still works 100%. the newer ones i dont know about, but i would go with a zen one.
Sup3r_Dr4gon
Boat sig is not there anymore
+214|6336|Australia
I don't have any of them, but my friend had an Ipod mini. He had it for almost a year, then the battery died. It wasn't covered by warrenty.
Ipod batteries cannot be replaced, so if it dies, you need to buy another one. If you're a heavy user like my friend was, this could be an issue.
kiteboarderni
+62|6689
thanks for all the info guys, i went for the ipod video. its very easy to set up and works straight away. i have a program called videroa to convert the moives and it works every tiem to great quality. Also the ability for me to get like very accesorie availabe is great, and ive even seen that cgames can be bought for it, even tho thay may be poor!!
EvilMonkeySlayer
+82|6661
I have two MP3 players.

The first is a Cowon iAudio M3L, it's a 20GB hard drive based MP3 player that can play MP3, OGG etc but has a 35 hour battery life. Whenever I go on trips where I know I won't have immediate access to a socket for recharging then I use this. (for example on a plane)

The second is my 8GB iPod Nano that I use for normal everyday use.

If I were you i'd buy whatever suits your needs. The M3L is an excellent MP3 player and the earbuds are actually quite good whereas I bought different buds for the ipod. (I can't stand the ipod ear buds, they hurt my ears)
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6610|132 and Bush

I now have both a 5G iPod video and a Zune . I think I might have to take back all that bad stuff I said about the Zune.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
ghettoperson
+1,943|6658

ZVM. iPlods are for brand whores.
Bernadictus
+1,055|6746

RDMC(2) wrote:

Dunno about the Ipod Video, but the Ipod Nano is just a piece of overrated crap. Earplugs are crap. I know, because I have one, so I wouldn't buy the Ipod Video, just because it is an Ipod and its made by Apple, which is kinda like comparible to EA, both popular, but are shit at creating stuff without problems
Without problems? Well, you are the right adress with a Zune then. Sorry to say this, but you said something untrue about a product that has the biggest market share gain since it's introduction in 2001.

The Zune however, never had it in my hands, so I can't really judge. Same for the Creative Zen M.

I just love the iPod, and the iPod Video is even better, watching movies in the train home has never been more entertaining. It's only downside is it's price.

ghettoperson wrote:

Such statements are for jealous whiners that can't afford one.

Sup3r_Dr4gon wrote:

I don't have any of them, but my friend had an Ipod mini. He had it for almost a year, then the battery died. It wasn't covered by warrenty.
Ipod batteries cannot be replaced, so if it dies, you need to buy another one. If you're a heavy user like my friend was, this could be an issue.
Your friend should have bought the year extra warantee. It would have been a few extra bucks, but it saves the hassle of having to replace the whole machine. And replacing the battery is possible, if done by an expert.
Also, you can save battery life by only charging it when it's fully empty, or playing it empty before docking.

Buy what ever you want to buy, but don't complain about the others
Eminem344
+1|6433|New Jersey
i would go with the zune and then recommend it to friends that fuckin sendin music to another zune without a computer is bad ass

Last edited by Eminem344 (2007-05-25 02:20:51)

LawJik
The Skeptical Realist
+48|6540|Amherst, MA
The stats:

• Screen: 3.0 inch TFT LCD, 320x240 pixels
  • Capacity: 30gb
  • Battery Life: Audio:14hr Video:4hr
  • Weight: 5.6 ounces
  • Cost: $220.45
  • Screen: 2.5 inch Transreflective LCD, 320x240 pixels, 56k colors
  • Capacity: 30gb , 60gb , or 80gb
  • Battery Life: Audio:14-20hr Video:3.5-6.5hr
  • Weight: 4.8 or 5.5 ounces
  • Cost: 30gb:$229.93  60gb:$277.99
  • Screen: 2.5 inch TFT LCD, 320x240 pixels, 262k colors
  • Capacity: 30gb or 60gb
  • Battery Life: Audio:14-16hr Video:4-5hr
  • Weight: 5.7 or 6.3 ounces
  • Cost: 30gb:$219.99  60gb:$264.99

Notes:
Is the worst in class.
Is the best in class.
Prices are for new only, better from newegg and amazon.

Last edited by LawJik (2007-05-25 08:03:29)

jsnipy
+3,276|6531|...

i got an ipod nano as a present.
I wear it when i go to the gym or cut grass.
I'm also not one one to keep everything I have on a portable (that and it wouldn'y fit).
I don't care to watch videos either.
I mainly like it for its size and battery life ... and for 8GB is plenty for a couple days worth of music.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6610|132 and Bush

It's just a matter of preference. The Zune has more features, the iPod has a larger capacity (However the larger hard drives are much more than the Zune). The solution is to get both.

https://i13.tinypic.com/54ahg8n.jpg

That's me on the wall paper of the Zune . (Sorry Camera phone pic)

If I were to pick one now I would go with the Zune. (Mac/iPod user as well)
Xbone Stormsurgezz
ednodes
Part-time Owner
+12|6553|Bath
Got My video a month ago.....CANT STOP LISTENIN TO IT....also if you get a program *coughtor3ntcough* you can convert any videos to playayble ipod format so its well worth the deal....
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6610|132 and Bush

ednodes wrote:

Got My video a month ago.....CANT STOP LISTENIN TO IT....also if you get a program *coughtor3ntcough* you can convert any videos to playayble ipod format so its well worth the deal....
Yea there is hacks/converters for all of them now. There really isn't any reason you shouldn't be able to put most media on any player.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
ednodes
Part-time Owner
+12|6553|Bath

Kmarion wrote:

ednodes wrote:

Yea there is hacks/converters for all of them now. There really isn't any reason you shouldn't be able to put most media on any player.
I would recommend Xilisoft 3. Has all the shabaz and has just about EVERY playable film format (excluding mounting and .mds)
Its really just Apple being selfish...blah blah blah...
Smithereener
+138|6325|California

Bernadictus wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

Such statements are for jealous whiners that can't afford one.
Wait... What? That's a stupid thing to say. They're all relatively the same price.

Anyway, another feature I like over the iPod on my Zen is the wallpaper option (which I did not know the Zune had until I read a few posts up.). The FM Tuner is nice too; I get to listen to KROQ at school .

Another thing about the Zune I kind of thought was cool was how you could send stuff over wirelessly to other people with Zunes. But a thing I noticed about my friend's Zune was that although the screen was enormous compared to my Zen or another friend's iPod, it stretched out his movies. That was kind of a bummer, but I'm thinking it was just that one movie.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard