The Stillhouse Kid
Licensed Televulcanologist
+126|6650|Deep In The South Of Texas

ghettoperson wrote:

thareaper254 wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

Change size of page file on the left, hit set on the right to approve this. You can select the drives at the top.

http://img372.imageshack.us/img372/7529/pagefilepy7.jpg
so, you set it so it's the same as the other one?
Well, I'm not entirely sure if you can set it so that the pagefile goes to one HDD. I have a pagefile on each HDD. I have a feeling if you tried then you'd just not have a pagefile on the SATA but not the IDE. But anyway, if it does work what you want to do is select the SATA at the top and then press the No paging file button and hit set. Then set the one on the IDE HDD to about 3 gigs.
This is exactly how I have my pagefile set up. I'd recommend setting the initial and maximum size as the same.

https://img112.imageshack.us/img112/4397/pagefileeg4.jpg
EvilMonkeySlayer
+82|6661

_j5689_ wrote:

thareaper254 wrote:

Alright, installing this hard drive has been the hardest thing to install on my computer... It's getting old lol.
Be thankful you have SATA slots, I don't. 
That can easilly be fixed. (for example)

My system is now almost IDE free, i've got a 500GB SATA drive on order to replace my old 250GB IDE which I used to store por.. no..  ware.. no.. erm...  my photography, yes.. my photography..  good save.

I've currently got 2x 250GB SATA drives in RAID0 for my system drive, the 250GB IDE for storage and a just recently bought SATA CD/DVD (Re)Writer. (to replace my old IDE one)

Once I replace the IDE drive i'll then disable IDE in the BIOS and at last, be free of IDE once and for all. Free to play all my games using daemon tools regardless of the copy protection, whether it's starforce or whatever. (If starforce can't find any IDE drives then it allows stuff to run from SCSI/SATA.. or in otherwords daemon tools baby because it can't tell the difference, no more cd/dvd switching for me)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard