Illegal Immigration Issue is a hoax

True21%21% - 25
False78%78% - 90
Total: 115
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6704|USA

Pug wrote:

Oh, and I thought of something else too.

I have family health coverage, I pay about $8500 per year for this privilege.  I took the wife to the ER two weeks ago for a day's stay.  Total bill: $9,675.  Insurance paid for all but $985.

So, assuming I don't go to the hospital anymore I'm only out $9,485.

Too bad the wife wasn't illegal - I could have saved $9,485.

Wow - $9,485 - a lot of money - healthcare costs are getting ridiculous.  Hmm...perhaps it's increased a bit providing illegals the same stuff we pay for, but they choose not to fund?
Your beef here is with the law that taps into medicade for ANYONE with an emergency.

When you're injured and in the emergency room, the last thing you want to have to do is fight for treatment. Fortunately, a federal law passed in 1986 to prohibit a practice commonly known as "patient dumping" gives you the right to emergency care regardless of your ability to pay. The federal law applies to hospitals that participate in Medicare -- and that includes most hospitals in the United States.

Now this is with ANYONE who can't pay. If a trailor park trash family has an emergency and no money they dip in that same pot.
0ji
+36|6270|Estados Unidos
Its possible its a problem but I think it is just a topic so Bush could get our eyes off troops dying in Iraq for America at least.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6704|USA

Stingray24 wrote:

Yeah, illegals are beneficial.  Riiiiiight. 

People can't get jobs in LA kitchens because they don't speak the "language of the kitchen".  People are losing construction jobs because 3 illegals will work for the price of one legal worker.  The schools in areas most heavily populated by illegals are forced to educate children whose parents aren't paying into the system.  The children of US citizens have to accept a sub-standard education because teachers must try to teach children who are either illiterate in English or illiterate in both English and their native tongue.   And I'm talking about the hard working illegals, I haven't even started on the criminal element.  But that benefits the US . . . let's start a thread that the existence of the sun is a hoax, too.
I dont think anyone ever said they were beneficial. Im just saying the shit is overblown hype. And it directly contradicts the big highway plan. which Bush's admin supports.

As for the rest of your quote. Yep. They have jobs and work for less. It is a problem. But its not the biggest problem by any means. Especially not in the big picture.

STOP THE INVASION is a big chunk of horsepoo. If it was a big enough problem it would be cut short fast.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6704|USA

ATG wrote:

Good thing this is in the junk drawer, or I would think you were serious.
I figured there were enough in D&ST.
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6584|Texas - Bigger than France

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

1 My origional post was refering to the superhighway being built from mexico to canada. You act as if the guys crossing the border are your only issue. 50% of the "illegals" are overstayed visas. Those mostly working and people with degrees. No one is looking to throw them out of the country. Its just the brown people right?

2  AS far your bills. I actually live in VA. I pay taxes. no sewage as I am on a septic tank. I have health insurance luckily. Roads/legal system, I guess that's where the fat chunk goes every paycheck.

3Mexican Illegals are usually in hotels or rentals. So they wouldn't pay a property tax anyway. Medicare which they don't get as illegals, social security (they never retire???),  Income tax is a legit concern. If they made the average wages of Americans.

4 And Im guessing the 6-8k extra you pay is refering to all of the above right? Sewage, Cops, legal system, etc. Or is that on top of all of that?
See the conveniently placed numbers above:
1. It's not our only issue.  But it is a major issue which drags down our standard of living.   Whether overstayed visa or no visa, adios compadre.  And I am not a racist - I'm talking about equality - why should I pay for no benefit to me?  The taxes are supposed to support my community, in which illegal alien aren't supposed to be part of the equation.

2. Where I live I would say on the conservative side 7% of the population is illegal.  High side? 15%.  What's the % in VA?  So surely you can understand why this is amongst some of the top concerns.  Our city is currently having trouble financing the police department - funded in part by property taxes.  The city added 2% to the Texas' statewide sales tax rate, for the specific purpose of providing funds for the police.  I hear it's going up next year.  Be happy your town isn't having a strain on its infrastructure because the "on the books" population is about right.

3. One of my clients is on the state board for determining health care for the poor.  State funds that could be used elsewhere are directed to funding free healthcare.  It also is subsidized a bit by Medicare and Medicaid.  So in other words, it's screwing over old people too.  Just think about your town's infrastructure for a second - what's funded by the public through bonds and taxes.  Street lights, signs, roads, electricity to run the signs, maintenance crews to keep it safe, the cops, the paramedics, the firemen, the pipes running to your house, the water treatment plant, the landfill, the garbagemen, the trash cans, the recycling center, the courthouse, the judges' salaries, your politician's salaries, the healthcare for the employees, the pension funds, the new arena coming to town, etc etc etc.  Services and facitilities provided at no cost to every illegal.

4. It's my estimate of all taxes, license fees, and other items I pay ABOVE what an illegal pays.

It's pretty easy to sit over in VA and say the stuff your saying - it doesn't impact you at all.  But the fact is I know that an extra $6k/year would improve my life considerably, or more likely if it was used to provide other social services instead of supporting an economic freeloader who reaps all the benefits I have to pay for.  If it's not bothering you at all - perhaps the whole nation should share the burden.  You wanted to know the cost - I gave it to you plain.
Pug

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

Your beef here is with the law that taps into medicade for ANYONE with an emergency.

When you're injured and in the emergency room, the last thing you want to have to do is fight for treatment. Fortunately, a federal law passed in 1986 to prohibit a practice commonly known as "patient dumping" gives you the right to emergency care regardless of your ability to pay. The federal law applies to hospitals that participate in Medicare -- and that includes most hospitals in the United States.

Now this is with ANYONE who can't pay. If a trailor park trash family has an emergency and no money they dip in that same pot.
No my beef here is that it taps into medicaid for people who aren't American citizens and have no intention of paying for it ever.  If poor, fine.  But if they aren't supposed to be here, adios.

The interesting thing you missed here though is that is more of a state issue.  Most of the funding comes from the state.

Texas legislature is currently moving towards a "minimum residence" status (don't quote me but it's close enough to catch the drift) - where illegals will need to establish a minimum level by keeping receipts to show they have been here long enough to be serviced by a hospital for free.  Yes, we have people driving from Mexico and are being dumped at hospitals for treatment, only to leave the next week for home...

...while some old lady gets denied a Medical treatment because it's too expensive for Medicaid to cover fully....
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6704|USA

Pug wrote:

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

No my beef here is that it taps into medicaid for people who aren't American citizens and have no intention of paying for it ever.  If poor, fine.  But if they aren't supposed to be here, adios.

The interesting thing you missed here though is that is more of a state issue.  Most of the funding comes from the state.

Texas legislature is currently moving towards a "minimum residence" status (don't quote me but it's close enough to catch the drift) - where illegals will need to establish a minimum level by keeping receipts to show they have been here long enough to be serviced by a hospital for free.  Yes, we have people driving from Mexico and are being dumped at hospitals for treatment, only to leave the next week for home...

...while some old lady gets denied a Medical treatment because it's too expensive for Medicaid to cover fully....
So say 50% overstayed Visa out of what, 12 million immigrants supposedly. We'll figure those guys with overstayed visa are working, tax paying citizens considering right? Just a bit late leaving.

So say 6 millions "mexican style" illegal immigrants. The only thing they can get here medically is the emergency room. Including pregnancies.

Im not going to assume, all 6 million immigrants go to the emergency on a weekly basis. You can't blame the minority of "freebies" to illegals pushing grandma out of the loop of healthcare.  You can blame politicans. Who have continuously cut the budgets for medicare/medicade.

2007 proposed medicare budget
http://www.ama-assn.org/amednews/2007/0 … l10226.htm

Medicare budget
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/01/30/polit … mp;ei=5070

More bullshit
http://www.cmwf.org/healthpolicyweek/he … _id=256629

Grandma is fucked anyway. Regardless of the immigrants. THAT is why poor people can't afford it. I understand your on the front lines. You probably believe every Mexican you see in the hospital is illegal...

All I can say is, up here Im more worried about the snakes right up north in DC than I am with illegals. That won't be the deciding issue of my next vote. I know they have this farce of blaming illegals, when actually the defense budget has been whats digging into medicare/medicade.

WE all know illegal immigration isn't new. But all of a sudden this fear of god is everywhere about the illegals. RIght around election time.

Last edited by Mason4Assassin444 (2007-05-08 19:46:23)

Pug
Yep, and that's why we vote.
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6748

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

True or False

Illegal Immigration is a bullshit issue that has little effect on the country as a whole.
And where the hell are you from?!?!
Warstarz
+11|6473

Deadmonkiefart wrote:

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

True or False

Illegal Immigration is a bullshit issue that has little effect on the country as a whole.
Yeah here in San Antonio I think half the fucking poopulation is illegal. Just deport 'em so I can carry on my business without clogged highways and a bunch of freelaoders everywhere.
stockFD3S
+2|6559|San Antonio, TX

Warstarz wrote:

Deadmonkiefart wrote:

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

True or False

Yeah here in San Antonio I think half the fucking poopulation is illegal. Just deport 'em so I can carry on my business without clogged highways and a bunch of freelaoders everywhere.
Wouldn't that be nice?  Being able to drive around without worrying if the people that hit you have car insurance.  Don't you just love walking into HEB and having the cashier start speaking to you in Spanish?  Or walk into Randolph-Brooks without the spanish loan advertisements in the front window?  My rant is over ...

Last edited by stockFD3S (2007-05-08 22:23:13)

Warstarz
+11|6473

stockFD3S wrote:

Warstarz wrote:

Deadmonkiefart wrote:

Wouldn't that be nice?  Being able to drive around without worrying if the people that hit you have car insurance.  Don't you just love walking into HEB and having the cashier start speaking to you in Spanish?  Or walk into Randolph-Brooks without the spanish loan advertisements in the front window?  My rant is over ...
Or having everything in English AND Spanish or having to learn their fucking language to order food in America. That's what's bullshit here. I speak English to them and when they don't understand what I'm saying I get their manager over there and, if he's not illegal too, I get them in trouble. My family were immigrants just before the turn of the century and we came from Germany, LEARNED ENGLISH, came over legally, and became citizens immediately. Unlike these stupid fucks that crawl under a gate with their family. Just get rid of these leeches.

/rant over for now
Demoneyes47
+0|6580
I assume eventually we'll all just sit back and stop caring about immigration issues. Most likely due to some new war the U.S. can conjure up. But I foresee these issues ending the same way a large portion of immigration from Europe had caused problems. These people who come here illegally are in bad conditions but still better than their home and eventually it will seem normal that they are here. Also, didn't Americans take California away from the Mexicans anyways? The Mexican government is a piece of work anyways, which should be something the U.S. should be focussed towards.
Warstarz
+11|6473
See, the immigrants come over here and bitch at us and make rallies when they should be trying to fix their own damn government. They can freakin have Mexifornia for all I care but just let them take their little state and go play over there.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6704|USA

Deadmonkiefart wrote:

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

True or False

Russia.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6704|USA

stockFD3S wrote:

Warstarz wrote:

Deadmonkiefart wrote:

So it IS just the borwn spanish speaking people. No issue with Irish illegals, African illegals, or Indian illegals on overstayed visas?
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6704|USA

Warstarz wrote:

stockFD3S wrote:

Warstarz wrote:

Or having everything in English AND Spanish or having to learn their fucking language to order food in America. That's what's bullshit here. I speak English to them and when they don't understand what I'm saying I get their manager over there and, if he's not illegal too, I get them in trouble. My family were immigrants just before the turn of the century and we came from Germany, LEARNED ENGLISH, came over legally, and became citizens immediately. Unlike these stupid fucks that crawl under a gate with their family. Just get rid of these leeches.

/rant over for now
So your telling me in a fast food resterauant (Im assuming) you are having trouble ordering due to the cashier speaking Spanish. Are you certain he was an illegal? If so, why not report it to the authorities?

THere are plenty of legal mexicans who speak spanish here.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6704|USA

Warstarz wrote:

See, the immigrants come over here and bitch at us and make rallies when they should be trying to fix their own damn government. They can freakin have Mexifornia for all I care but just let them take their little state and go play over there.
The rallies have come due to the overwhelming hype of STOPTHEINVASION. They were formed legally with permits issued by the state. And not all of the protesters were illegals.

You can always have your own "go home brown people" rally. That would be legal with proper perm,its.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6571|Global Command
This is silly

"Are you certain he was an illegal? If so, why not report it to the authorities?

THere are plenty of legal mexicans who speak spanish here."

the authorities don't care.

http://usawakeup.org/HowToDestroyAmerica.htm
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6704|USA

ATG wrote:

This is silly

"Are you certain he was an illegal? If so, why not report it to the authorities?

So you want to run around complaining about it. No one cares but you border guys. And you don't really care about "illegal immigration". Your only care about half of it. Like the brown guys running across the border and speaking Spanish.

This issue being blown way out of proportion is whats silly. The government/politicians are playing you guys like a fiddle.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6704|USA

ATG wrote:

This is silly

And this hysteria isn't old. It happened with the Irish immigrants http://racerelations.about.com/od/ahist … ster_2.htm

Jews and Italians
http://racerelations.about.com/od/ahist … ster_3.htm

And now Mexicans
http://racerelations.about.com/od/ahist … ster_4.htm

Its crap ATG. You guys have been had.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6571|Global Command
duh, okay.
So all those illegals aren't a problem?

Nevermind, have your fun.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6704|USA

ATG wrote:

duh, okay.
So all those illegals aren't a problem?

Nevermind, have your fun.
They are a problem. Just not as big a problem as everyone is led to believe. Its the new 'gay marriage'. Political football shaped just for bigots on the border. Not saying everyone is a bigot. But there are some.

But all I hear is someone pissed a Mexican got into the emergency room before them. He may have had quite the emergency for all you know.  Someone mad because the McDonalds kid speaks spanish. (Ironically, it is a positive thing to have a second language on a job application) And people who think an illegal mexicans sole purpose is to hit you with thier uninsured car.

On top of all that, you don't really know if they are illegal or not. you assume.

Its a farce. Lou Dobbs and Pat Buchanan think thier connecting with middle America by spearheading this "issue". Just like a conservative says the Dems war bill is a dog and pony show, thats what this whole issue is.

I am having my fun. I think for myself.

Last edited by Mason4Assassin444 (2007-05-09 06:25:33)

Pug
Wow Mason - take it easy Reggie White.

1) Virginia's problem with illegal immigrants is probably with overstayed visas.  In border states is bona fide never-had-a-visa types.  This is a problem for the reasons I have stated before.  And it's real for me, not for you.

2) My wife helps migrants (not illegals) learn english so they ADAPT so they can become US citizens.  I have many friends who are Mexican nationals but they aren't illegals.  I would do anything for them and they'd do anything for me.  Frankly if I see "brown people" again you need to be mod-slapped.

3) I'm not a proponent of the "they are stealing our jobs".  I am for making them pay their fair share, because they are making their living here just like I am.

4) I believe the businesses should be punished, not the illegals for their hiring practices.  The illegals are just taking advantage of a loophole which needs to be addressed.

5) People have every right to be pissed at people who have not intention of paying for, if they are actually funding that service.

6) Uninsured drivers - you get hit by the uninsured, you get to pay more money for insurance.  The illegal has legal troubles and is probably deported, at that point they can return.  The do not pay the licensing fees or taxes which fund the gaps in the infrastructure they get for free.  The DPS is not a free service.

7) I assure you this is not being blown out of proportion here - I gave you a dollar figure of what it's costing me.  Assuming this wasn't going to funding this effort, I'd like to see that money go to something else - like fixing the potholes in our roads, or trash pickup, or more police since there's budget deficiencies.

All I'm saying is they are making a living here, just like we are.  So contribute to the kitty.  If the government won't stop the inflow, then they should pay like anyone else.

And it's also an issue.  It may not be YOUR issue, but it's real, I assure you.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6704|USA
1. VA has overstayed visas along with the other 49 states.

2. Good one with your wife there. She sounds like a good one. I wouldn't have the patience to teach a second language.

3. The amount an illegal worker is paid is equal to that of an employer of the illegal going out and shopping at target or wal-mart. They aren't making the money Americans are making. Even if they paid thier share (1/3rd income) the overall impact isn't as significant as what your taxes or my taxes impact. You and I still have rights they do not have.

4. As far as business' being punished for the hiring practices, I agree. Kill the dragon by cutting off the head. At the same time, our US economy is not going to crumble due to Rawhide Bill getting 5 workers to dig a hole for him. Try to similate it to the marijuana dealing. There is millions tied up in the black market of drug dealing. Funny our economy hasn't crashed because of that. The taxes drug dealers aren't paying on thier income from dealing is of much greater risk to our economy than an illegal working for less. And the dealers aren't that big a deal either.

5. I agree. You can be pissed about that. If said illegals are using the systems you describe. At the same time, Illegals aren't taking advantage of the systems you are saying they are. Medicare Medicade is fucked due to political policies. THe emergency room law is the heart of illegals "taking advantage". If you want to go into the criminal sector, feel free to post how illegals are draining our judicial system and Ill gladly rebut.

6. There are a ton of uninsured drivers and the same effect you describe happens whether the person is legal or illegal.

7. The dollar figure of whats its costing you, is that your chunk of taxes to the feds each pay check? Please break that down for me one more time. Because basically the same criteria that pertains to illegal tearing the system apart can be applied to the poor Americans also. They are also a drain on the system right? They take advantage of low income taxes and low income houseing and government medicare. They don't own much so don't pay property taxes. They are the exact same thing except they were born here. Poor Americans are probably even more of a drain than illegals. I would put money on it.

And it is a faux issue in politics. A real issue for you because you live in the midst of immigrants from the south. Not a real issue for the political elite because low-wage workers are good for business. The businesses they own. Its hot air to get votes.

Don't believe everything you here. And when you figure out how to identify an illegal alien, let me know. The closest I can get to is the crownd out front of Lowes and Home Depot. But even some of them are legal!!! WOuld you have guessed?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard