octothorpe
+2|6259
Ok, I started out with the demo.  I bought the game/vanilla and got Armored Fury and Euro Forces as a gift.  So, the only thing I need now is Special Forces.  Here is where the problem is.  I can't seem to order just special forces from anywhere anymore.  It's like EA discontinued it as a stand alone item.  You can download it for $29.99, but you can't order a hard copy from them.  No one locally seems to carry it stand alone either.   You can buy Vanilla locally for $19.99 and Vanilla + SF for $29.99 locally.  So, paying $29.99 for SF seems like a bit of an overcharge when they basically sell all three expansion/booster packs for what breaks down to $10.00 each.  So, I'm just asking if anyone here knows of a place I can pick up just Special Forces for a reasonable price.  If not, I'll just buy Vanilla + SF locally for the same price as the SF download and not have to bother with burning it to a disk.
jsnipy
+3,276|6565|...

$14.99

http://www.amazon.com/Electronic-Arts-B … amp;sr=1-1

Last edited by jsnipy (2007-04-21 00:56:08)

amazon.com or buy.com
jord
+2,382|6720|The North, beyond the wall.
Ebay.

Mine went for a little over £8 last week.
octothorpe
+2|6259
Thanks.
I could have swore I looked there.  I know I at least did a search for Battlefield 2 on there or such looking for a stand alone version.  I apparently missed it or ...who knows.  Thanks again.
jsnipy
+3,276|6565|...

octothorpe wrote:

Thanks.
I could have swore I looked there.  I know I at least did a search for Battlefield 2 on there or such looking for a stand alone version.  I apparently missed it or ...who knows.  Thanks again.
np good luck
octothorpe
+2|6259

jsnipy wrote:

octothorpe wrote:

Thanks.
np good luck
I spoke too soon.
Availability: In stock soon. Order now to get in line. First come, first served.

The EA site also lists it as out of stock.  Which seems very odd as I've checked it for several weeks now.  Combine that with the lack of a SF stand alone in local stores that have multiple copies of every other variance and something seems odd.  Then again, I haven't seen EF or AF sold separate local lately either.  It's always the same pack with both in one for $19.99.  Maybe EA is just trimming the hard copy SKUs that they offer in favor of the bundles.
jord
+2,382|6720|The North, beyond the wall.

octothorpe wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

octothorpe wrote:

Thanks.
np good luck
I spoke too soon.
Availability: In stock soon. Order now to get in line. First come, first served.

The EA site also lists it as out of stock.  Which seems very odd as I've checked it for several weeks now.  Combine that with the lack of a SF stand alone in local stores that have multiple copies of every other variance and something seems odd.  Then again, I haven't seen EF or AF sold separate local lately either.  It's always the same pack with both in one for $19.99.  Maybe EA is just trimming the hard copy SKUs that they offer in favor of the bundles.
Try Ebay?
jsnipy
+3,276|6565|...

octothorpe wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

octothorpe wrote:

Thanks.
np good luck
I spoke too soon.

If it were me I'd just buy the bundle ... otherwise there is the ebay route (key condition is a risk imo)
octothorpe
+2|6259

jsnipy wrote:

octothorpe wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

np good luck
I spoke too soon.

If it were me I'd just buy the bundle ... otherwise there is the ebay route (key condition is a risk imo)
Yeah.  I considered that.  People trying to offload banned game keys.

Also, buy.com only listed 1 store with it and the provided link failed to find the item.  A search of the company website did not yield the item either.

I appreciate the help so far. 
Yeah, the Vanilla+SF bundle is looking like the only option unless EA starts shipping out some stand alones again.  Maybe I should email and ask them if they ever plan to, but my guess would be they'd just try to sell me on the download.
Jehsus
+0|6243|Minnesota
Newegg has it for $7.99+shipping
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6715|Colorado
Congrats on joining the other side of BF2, you'll find that the smacktard level is much lower in SF.
farmerfez
o wut?
+78|6573

TrollmeaT wrote:

Congrats on joining the other side of BF2, you'll find that the smacktard level is much lower in SF.
I dont know where you play but all the little kids are still coming over to SF and ruining it...
octothorpe
+2|6259
I finally got a reply from EA about it.  I sent them an email since I saw a few places take it off the out of stock or in stock soon list. 

Greetings,

We stopped production on it so no new copies are being printed.  If a store does not have it in stock chances are they will not be getting new copies.  I apologize for any disappointment or inconvenience that this causes you
So, no new stand alone copies of SF are being made.  Only those left in the market, like the newegg ones above, are available.  After those are gone, it's just the bundle.

I had to send them 2 emails/support requests.  The first one he replied they were out of stock.  I updated my support page with them by asking them to read the question again and even spelled it out for them two more times in different ways.  I finally got the answer I was looking for above.
Tro0per
Take off, hosers
+24|6458|Ontario, Canada
I bought one for 5 bucks brand new last week at bargin store
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6829|Bulgaria
there are n00bs everywhere, vanilla, SF, EF, AF... Try to ignore them, I know, something when they TK you for the jet, it's hard...
Fenix14
scout rush kekeke ^___^
+116|6599|Brisbane, Aus

farmerfez wrote:

TrollmeaT wrote:

I dont know where you play but all the little kids are still coming over to SF and ruining it...
not especially true on night maps.

I'd buy the BF2/SF pack so you'd have a spare CD key for, whenever necessary
JaggedPanther
+61|6516
There is a level of smacktards in SF but the amount in regular is overflowing :p
FlemishHCmaniac
+147|6455|Belgium
You have problems getting a hard copy of SF, I have troubles getting that complete pack that comes with EF and AF. I'd pay 50€ just for that but I have never seen it around here.
octothorpe
+2|6259
I've seen that at Best Buy all the time.  I even looked in random stores that have slow moving pc software hoping to find an old copy of just SF.  Not sure what kind of stores you have near you, but http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a … 6832130044 has it.   http://www.amazon.com/Battlefield-2-Com … amp;sr=1-4 too.  It's a lot easier to find for me.  It's also very easy to find the EF and AF combo pack for $20 or so if you just want that part. 

Problem is, I'm stubborn and I already have BF2 Vanilla, Euro Forces, and Armored fury on disk.  I only lack SF.  I'll probably order a copy for myself and a friend soon as I clear up some other things first.

Last edited by octothorpe (2007-05-12 23:34:25)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard