here is my rig info:
AMD Athlon 64 3500+
Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe
2x 512mb Kingston HyperX PC-3200A
Asus EAX Radeon X800XT PE
SB Audigy Player
*NEW* Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 750w PSU

changed psu like ya guys suggested vefore but that didn't help
CPU and GFX card cooled with zalman coolers so cooling is not the problem.
When I start playing I noticed that:

1)12V voltage drops from 12.034V to 11.77V this happened with my old psu also, normal vdrop? how big is ur vdrop when running full loaded?

2)my comp freezes for about 30 seconds in almost every 10 minutes. sometimes works well many hours. (randomly)

3)about once or twice in a hour my gfx card crashes after multicolour stribes on screen and speakers screaming (lol ) but after two minutes it starts working after catalyst driver's vpu recovery reboots gfx card.

4)very randomly I get BSOD (blue screen awwwww) at same time my speakers start screaming and my comp reboots completely (this can happen from 0 to 10 times in a day)

5)just got a new issue. after launching gpu stressing program my screen gets full of artifacs and colours get screwed up and here comes mr BSOD and my comp booted. rarely (about once in a month)

so any thoughts about wtf is wrong  would be great. problems when stock speeds and when OCed so no change. I have latest drivers/bios and used both default and custom bios settings.
3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
jsnipy
+3,276|6535|...

try running memtest
GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6427|Finland

jsnipy wrote:

try running memtest
DONE. passed all my sticks. was running like 8 hours.
3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
Toxicseagull
+10|6258|York
sounds like a problem with your gfx card really, the cooler attached properly, nothing blown on it? (a few X800's ive seen recently have had a few bits melt).

number 2 sounds like a RAM problem. you can Memtest and made sure the ram can go with the board? ~edit nevermind posted just before me ~

1 sounds like youve forgotten to plug either the ez-plug (4 pin molex) into the bit near the graphics slot, or the square 4 pin up near the CPU. - just a guess however, they can be easily overlooked.

Last edited by Toxicseagull (2007-05-07 13:10:52)

GC_PaNzerFIN
+528|6427|Finland

Toxicseagull wrote:

sounds like a problem with your gfx card really, the cooler attached properly, nothing blown on it? (a few X800's ive seen recently have had a few bits melt).

number 2 sounds like a RAM problem. you can Memtest and made sure the ram can go with the board? ~edit nevermind posted just before me ~

1 sounds like youve forgotten to plug either the ez-plug (4 pin molex) into the bit near the graphics slot, or the square 4 pin up near the CPU. - just a guess however, they can be easily overlooked.
ez-plug is for sli. and I have tried using it but it only made things worse. 4-pin ATX connector is plugged in and the 6-pin pci-e connector is plugged to gfx card also.

edit: gpu temps <60 so everything is ok. zalman's thermal paste and VF-700Cu properly installed.

Last edited by [69th_GFH]GC_PaNzerFIN (2007-05-07 13:16:06)

Pigskinn
+5|6382
Did you get your problem fixed? If not, please copy paste your system and application event log.

Pigskinn

Last edited by Pigskinn (2007-05-07 19:45:33)

Monkeyman911
Dun wori, it's K.
+76|6434|California, US
dude i dont fucking understand why i have soooo much lag in BF2
i have a ping 15-30 like 90% of the time and i lag like fuck
redhawk454
+50|6561|Divided States of America
what is running in the background?
tehz
<3 Bosnia
+11|6513|gulf of oman

[69th_GFH]GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

here is my rig info:

Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe
north bridge fan work ok? u sure?
Pigskinn
+5|6382

Monkeyman911 wrote:

Have you tried turning down your graphic driver setting within the driver properties( Not the Game settings.)

Have you tried running in 1024x768 and so on?
CrazeD
+368|6685|Maine
Try turning VoIP off.

Did you run spyware/virus scans?
GC_PaNzerFIN
+528|6427|Finland

Pigskinn wrote:

Monkeyman911 wrote:

Have you tried turning down your graphic driver setting within the driver properties( Not the Game settings.)

you are not the only one who has a lag problem. I can't play SF because of it. constant lag spikes every 10s or less. I had that problem in vanilla bf2 with 32 bit xp but after changing to 64 bit the problem disappeared. I understand how ya feel, it really sucks.

and pigskinn, my OS doesn't give me error logs. gonna try look for them my self but yeah I still got the problem

yes my chipset fan works. temps <52 all the time. I got temp logs for a good while for MB, CPU and GPU
tehz
<3 Bosnia
+11|6513|gulf of oman

here is my rig info:

1)12V voltage drops from 12.034V to 11.77V this happened with my old psu also, normal vdrop? how big is ur vdrop when running full loaded?

2)my comp freezes for about 30 seconds in almost every 10 minutes. sometimes works well many hours. (randomly)

3)about once or twice in a hour my gfx card crashes after multicolour stribes on screen and speakers screaming (lol ) but after two minutes it starts working after catalyst driver's vpu recovery reboots gfx card.

4)very randomly I get BSOD (blue screen awwwww) at same time my speakers start screaming and my comp reboots completely (this can happen from 0 to 10 times in a day)

5)just got a new issue. after launching gpu stressing program my screen gets full of artifacs and colours get screwed up and here comes mr BSOD and my comp booted. rarely (about once in a month)

so any thoughts about wtf is wrong  would be great. problems when stock speeds and when OCed so no change. I have latest drivers/bios and used both default and custom bios settings.
Have you ever oc'd it to the point that it wouldn't boot past post? Radically altered any voltage setting/bus frequency, even if you put it back? If yes, try a fresh install of windows/or try taking the battery out of your cmos and jumper resetting it back to default, then replacing the battery, with a new one if possible.

You could also try flashing to the newest bios, or try force flashing it to the a8n-sli premium 1302 beta bios.

Always keep an eye on that northbridge fan, that board is notorious for northbridge problems/fan failing. I have the premium version and have had to do a fresh windows install after pushing an overclock to far.

Are you positive your RAM is timed and volted correctly?

*edit* For what it's worth, i've always had the ez-plug installed and it's never given me an issue.

Last edited by tehz (2007-05-08 02:50:00)

TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6633|Mhz

spacebandit72
Dead Meat
+121|6743|Michigan

Pigskinn wrote:

Monkeyman911 wrote:

you are not the only one who has a lag problem. I can't play SF because of it. constant lag spikes every 10s or less. I had that problem in vanilla bf2 with 32 bit xp but after changing to 64 bit the problem disappeared. I understand how ya feel, it really sucks.

and pigskinn, my OS doesn't give me error logs. gonna try look for them my self but yeah I still got the problem

yes my chipset fan works. temps <52 all the time. I got temp logs for a good while for MB, CPU and GPU
To get good performance with bf2 + SF, You need to run at least 2gb of ram. I had 1gb on my old computer and it sucked. Now I run 3gb and 512mb on my GPU. No lag... no problems at all. (unless I'm on a crappy server)
GC_PaNzerFIN
+528|6427|Finland

spacebandit72 wrote:

Pigskinn wrote:

To get good performance with bf2 + SF, You need to run at least 2gb of ram. I had 1gb on my old computer and it sucked. Now I run 3gb and 512mb on my GPU. No lag... no problems at all. (unless I'm on a crappy server)
but how the hell my vanilla bf2 doesn't lag at all then? only sf.  so the problem is something else than ram amount.
GC_PaNzerFIN
+528|6427|Finland

*UPDATE*
It looks like my motherboards 1st PCI-E 16x slot is dying! switched gfx card to 2nd 8x slot and voltages went back to normal and no BSODs so far. huge difference in voltages. 12V line went from 11.70v back to 11.90v
too bad the fking slower pci-e slot is lowering performance compared to the 16x line

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard