bonedoc69
+36|6434|Eugene, Oregon U.S.A.
mouse wheel=shock, back thumb mouse button=main weapon, front thumb mouse button=knife. I use a zboard so the parachute and jump are the same key.
sumknt
+0|6232
i use a zboard. real easy key layout. need a better mouse though. p.s how do you roll arround after you hit the dust and still kill your enemy?
AudioAtomica
+53|6273

sumknt wrote:

i use a zboard. real easy key layout. need a better mouse though. p.s how do you roll arround after you hit the dust and still kill your enemy?
It's just an animation that happens when you prone. Everyone does it, even you .
Fredrik
i hate you all
+201|6672|Norway

AudioAtomica wrote:

To all my fellow ground punders what are your infantry settings?

Personally I've raised my mouse sensitivity to 1.20 and put the defibs, and med packs on a couple mouse buttons but that's about as far as I've gone with infantry settings.

A little side question for anyone that may know, is it possible to make my parachute key the same as my jump (space)? I can't do it in-game because of the 'duplicate key' crap. Can you change files to do it or something?
I have the same thing, side buttons for med-pack and defib, clicky button on mouse wheel is set for weapon3/rifle. I flip up the pistol with F key
AudioAtomica
+53|6273

Fredrik wrote:

AudioAtomica wrote:

To all my fellow ground punders what are your infantry settings?

Personally I've raised my mouse sensitivity to 1.20 and put the defibs, and med packs on a couple mouse buttons but that's about as far as I've gone with infantry settings.

A little side question for anyone that may know, is it possible to make my parachute key the same as my jump (space)? I can't do it in-game because of the 'duplicate key' crap. Can you change files to do it or something?
I have the same thing, side buttons for med-pack and defib, clicky button on mouse wheel is set for weapon3/rifle. I flip up the pistol with F key
How do you "un-assign" a key? for me 'F' is scroll weapons so it would just go from the M16 to the nade...
Fredrik
i hate you all
+201|6672|Norway
Just click on it and press either [esc] or is it [backspace]? Not sure...

I find it handy with the F key for pistol, scrolling is useless anyway

Last edited by Fredrik (2007-05-07 07:15:46)

AudioAtomica
+53|6273

Fredrik wrote:

Thanks bro, I'm gonna use it for my knife!

Knife fights FTW.
VorteX
+6|6361|Lithuania
i had a mouse sens to 0.3, but i moved it to 0.7 now.... i have three special binds..
mouse scrool up=pistol
mouse scrool down=med packs
click mouse scrool = schock paddles
Dsp-CS-
Claymore magnet
+98|6729|Alaska
my sensitivity is at 2.10, which makes it faster for me to react since im used to high sensitivity
Fredrik
i hate you all
+201|6672|Norway

AudioAtomica wrote:

Fredrik wrote:

Knife fights FTW.
Hehe, knife fights before the round starts ftw. If someone pulls a knife at me when it's live, i pop a cap in their ass :p
AudioAtomica
+53|6273

Fredrik wrote:

AudioAtomica wrote:

Fredrik wrote:

Knife fights FTW.
Hehe, knife fights before the round starts ftw. If someone pulls a knife at me when it's live, i pop a cap in their ass :p
Psht, how un-sportsman of you, afraid of a real fight eh? Anyone good with a knife who has even the slightest drop on you would own you with a knife. The knife is the best weapon in the game.
Fredrik
i hate you all
+201|6672|Norway
No objections to that
Cookie.VXT
Bringer Of Cookies.
+178|6458|UK
standard settings

i have my copperhead on around 8.5
ChaosSka5
+4|6233|Wisconsin- We Eat People
all default. in game sensitivity is .8, but change my mouse sensitivity on the fly depending on if im ground pounding (1000 dps) or sniping (400 dps). i love my logitech G5

Last edited by ChaosSka5 (2007-05-07 08:19:44)

xintegrityx
set your body ablaze
+37|6752|Louisiana
Mine are default, except I have Crouch as C, Prone as V, and Parachute as B. Using Ctrl and Alt for crouching and proning seems like it would be so awkward, especially in a firefight.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6589|England

Default.

Only changes are that Mouse3 (mouse wheel click) toggles NV on/off on SF.

Infantry: Mouse sensitivity 2
Land: Mouse sensitivity 2.2
Jets: Mouse sensitivity 3
Helis: Mouse sensitivity 3.2
Boats: Mouse sensitivity 2.3

For people who use arrow keys, when I used to play CSS one of my clanmates used the arrow keys. Aside from the fact that he was the best in the clan, he reported that they caused problems with other keys - i.e. multiple presses with Ctrl, Shift etc.
Do you not get this problem?
BlackKoala
+215|6348
Infantry sensitivity, mine's at like...1.9 I believe.  With the middle DPI on my G7 selected, so whatever that might be.....

I have prone to a side button on my mouse, and I have my rifle mapped to my tilt wheel left, and my defib to my tilt wheel right.  Vent//TS is the middle button.

I think that's all I've changed?
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6676
2000 dpi, medium-ish sensitivity. I can almost do a 180 purely by moving my hand. When things loosen up, it's perfect. (If you own a G5 and are retarded enough to use 800 DPI, set it to 2000 dpi and adjust your sensitivity. from 800 to 2000 means you have to divide your sensitivity by 2.5 (2000 is 800x2.5))

A macro would be your solution for parachute jump. Simply have it alternate between your jump key and your parachute key. The only drawback is that you will have to get used to double tapping jump to avoid attempting to open your parachute the next time you want to get some air.

Before 1.4 I used the mousewheel up to crouch, mousewheel down to prone, and control to crouch again. WASD movement
F parachute
space sprint
r reload
Y/U/I chat (CS style)
X map
C map zoom
mouse side button vent/TS
shift to jump
since 1.4:  z to prone
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
geNius
..!.,
+144|6465|SoCal

TehMyke wrote:

eh, iv been using arrows since UT99... i always found arrows easier then the wasd, i always hit the wrong buttons
w3rd.  I didn't stop using the arrows in every game till about 2 years ago.  If nothing else, I just got tired of having to rape my key configurations every time I installed  a new game.  Arrows were better, IMO.
https://srejects.com/genius/srejects.png
straz_mataz
Banned
+86|6558|Edmonton Alberta
i use all default keys @1.2 sens... except for left-alt which is now vent/ts
paddles which is the scroll wheel button and F which is now pistol

and through my logitech drivers i have mouse wheel tilt left as 3 (main weapon) and tilt right as 5(med/ammo/c4)

and because sometimes while soloing i would bail after switching back to the main seat ( after finding the E key instead of W) i made 3 and 5 pilot/gunner so that i could switch seats with just the mouse
aLi3nZ
+138|6530|New Zealand
Default Keys. 0.8 @ 2000 DPI with Logitech G5
XRogerMellieX
+8|6352
Default except;

Z is prone (change camera moved from c to
I use my dpi switch on my G5 rather than mess with sensitivity.
I use my mouse3 (thumbswitch( for teamspeak. It's also my cockpit for the heli which is annoying come scrim times.
I only realised yesterday that my scroll wheel can click left or right, so I'll think of something to hook up to them.
BeerzGod
Hooray Beer!
+94|6593|United States
I just use the default number key for the shock paddles. Is that naughty? I just don't feel the need for a special key for this option. Man, I'm drunk....
Jameseyy
Banned
+108|6251|Scotland!

BeerzGod wrote:

I just use the default number key for the shock paddles. Is that naughty? I just don't feel the need for a special key for this option. Man, I'm drunk....
After you use shock paddles once, if you quickly switch to weapon and shock paddles again you can shock instantly again without waiting for the animation of rubbing them together, using a mouse key lets me switch more smoothly between weapon and shock paddles.
eisBär
+22|6267|Germany
Keyboard is default -
         except:
             i changed minimpa to rtAlt because I never turn it off
             LeftAlt - TS talk button

5 button mouse (518):

Rt click/Lt click: default, sec. fire/fire respectively.

"back" button (side button closest to me) - Main gun (#3) this way I can quickly draw the main gun or switch from auto to single very quickly

"forward" button (side button furtherst from me) - (#6) can whip out the paddles or grapple/zip quickly because #6 is a bit far to reach.

^these two together are great for medic-whoring. When I use the wife's G5, i just have the main gun set, but I hate that, if I played on her PC more often, I would figure out a differnt set up.

Wheel - disabled - 2 inputs to switch weapons? dont think so. I use the number keys to switch weapons, much faster.

Wheel button - Squad voice (can't be the same as 3rd party comms - - echo echo echo)

Last edited by eisBär (2007-05-08 02:11:38)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard