Magius5.0
+106|6382|UMass Amherst
So yeah, another random thought of mine: everyones got equipment they never use, but I've still found a tactical use for most of them.  I'll list a few to start.

Smoke Grenade--yeah, this one seems useless, but people with low-end computers may lag up if you fire these off...if you're lucky.  Also good for buying yourself concealment in intense firefights where you need to find better cover before moving out.

Radar Grenade--This one does suck.  One use, and it only lasts a little while.  Still, very useful for rushing those titan corridors so you know whats up ahead before charging through.

EMP Grenade--I'm noticing a trend here.  Almost every useless item, is a grenade.  Or are they?  EMP grenades, post 1.25 patch, seem to royally mess up vehicles for several seconds.  If you have an ammo crate and good cover, odds are pretty good you can pin down a vehicle indefinitely while waiting for engineer back-up.  Teamwork insisted upon.  Or, as a last ditch, you can screw up someones HUD when one of these go off in their face, and the light show might cause them to fire blindly--wasting precious ammo.

IPS shield--okay, even I'm gonna admit this one sucks my left nut.  Might as well put up a giant sign that says 'I'm camping here, spam grenades at me!'  Oh wait, it ALREADY does that.

Stabilizer--useless if you're a good enough sniper, or plan on firing off 300 meter headshots.  Then again, at that range, if you shot them from any further away you'd have to mail them the goddamn bullets. 

EMP mine--yeah, kinda useless since people will just go around them.  Unless you count those kamikaze Buggies...follow up with motion mines and they're going down hard.

Your opinions, suggestions?
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6710|Sweden
All those you listed are indeed crap ( or extremly situational ) except the EMP nades and mines in a walker you´ll learn to hate those nades no chance to get away from now it seems. and ye the mines are great for taking out the jeeps on cerbere/gibraltar in a combo with lollermines.
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6571|USA
need i say it?
straz_mataz
Banned
+86|6535|Edmonton Alberta

Ender2309 wrote:

need i say it?
search?
yea i think there was a thread about this when the game first came out

your missing a few though
the SL drone that kills things
mine diffuser
defibs---- USE THEM NOOBS
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6286|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
Smoke grenade and emp-mines are the only ones i agree with you on......
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Fenix14
scout rush kekeke ^___^
+116|6557|Brisbane, Aus

stabliser? useless? it owns with the stock sniper rifles, you can get 5 headshots with one clip very quickly.
Magius5.0
+106|6382|UMass Amherst
did a search, actually...if it was there, I never saw it.  Apologies if it was the umpteenth millionth entry.
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6440|Brisbane, Australia

Magius5.0 wrote:

did a search, actually...if it was there, I never saw it.  Apologies if it was the umpteenth millionth entry.
I haven't seen one before, and I agree with it.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
kontrolcrimson
Get your body beat.
+183|6828|Australia

Fenix14 wrote:

stabliser? useless? it owns with the stock sniper rifles, you can get 5 headshots with one clip very quickly.
Its useless to snipers in cqc.
Longbow
+163|6647|Odessa, Ukraine

kontrolcrimson wrote:

Snipers are not supposed to fight in CQC
Drax
Paddles/Plane Whore
+28|6561|Australia, NSW

Longbow wrote:

kontrolcrimson wrote:

Snipers are not supposed to fight in CQC
maybe, but even so your gunna have some situation where someones close up to u.

to the tc, most of the nades and that u posted uses for, such as throwing a smoke nade to get extra cover etc are pretty useless, because by the time you pull out the weapon and use it you could have easily use your gun and killed the threat...

the support shield i have found fairly handy in some spots on the titan, and the whole point of them is when the enemy does know where you are, you can still have good cover, even upin the open on the titan roof you can block bullets from one direction and wipe out enemies as they pod down..
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6843|Reykjavík, Iceland.
EMP mines are really useful in Camp Gib and Cerbere landing against jeep rushes.

Throw in a bunch of motion mines or a well placed pilum for extra fun .

Sniper Decoy.
I found this one to be useless originally, but it's awesome to knife with this one and the active camo, they'll never see you coming.

Only minus is that by doing that you deny precious RDX or APM

Stabilizer is just a waste of a slot, with just a little practice you don't need it at all.

IPS is crap

Defuser is crap, motion mine bait is more worth it, even though it only gets rid of motion mines.

Last edited by PBAsydney (2007-05-08 03:08:25)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard