fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6500|Menlo Park, CA
Just talked with my friends father this afternoon, who is the father of Navy Seal Mike C. (last name withheld).  He and I attended high school together.  Mike is a 30 year old Navy Seal who has left for Iran within the last 3 weeks. . . . .

We dont know the mission in which he has been assigned, nor the location within Iran, all we know is Mike said thats where he was deploying. . .

Mike was involved in the shoot out with Iraqi insurgents, where a fellow Navy Seal died as a result of being a body shield for 2 of his comrads in arms.  Here is the link.  There is an ongoing push to have this SEAL recieve a posthumous Medal of Honour.
http://www.ptsdsupport.net/navy_SEAL_di … rades.html

My buddy Mike recieved shrapnel in the knee as a result of this engagement.  He is fully recovered, but does still have some issues with pain apparently.  The injuries are not bad enough for him to be put out of duty. 

HOWEVER, this raises a question in my mind. . . .What is going on in Iran?? Why are our Seals headed there? Is this the beginning stages of the attack to remove Iran's nuclear weapons facilities??

Last edited by fadedsteve (2007-05-07 13:25:29)

ATG
Banned
+5,233|6539|Global Command
Yes, no, maybe.
But if it was a super top secret deal he wouldn't have said anything.
Seals know better.
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6489|Somewhere else

IM not gonna pretend I know better. But having SEALS go into Iran would see mto be an act of war and I doubt any SEAL would reveal this information TO ANYONE if he or she were assigned to such a mission.  If this were to come to light globally, it would spark a huge mess....
weamo8
+50|6452|USA
I can not imagine we would be crazy enough to start another military action in Iran.  We are spread too thin already.  At this point, the mainland is vulnerable to Mexico for hells sake.
Teebaggs1
X-LG Member
+25|6759|Maine, MA, and PJ concerts

RoosterCantrell wrote:

IM not gonna pretend I know better. But having SEALS go into Iran would see mto be an act of war and I doubt any SEAL would reveal this information TO ANYONE if he or she were assigned to such a mission.  If this were to come to light globally, it would spark a huge mess....
True that.  I have an Uncle (now retired full Colonel) who could not mention anything about anything.  His wife/kids knew nothing about what his missions were (he never was sent overseas).  So I doubt one member of a  highly specialized and secretive group like the Navy Seals would divulge such information...if he did, it could undermine the whole objective and put his fellow troops into harms way.  Also, when given shipout orders like this, most seals probably won't even know their true destination until their boots hit the ground or at least when they are briefed shortly before the mission.  Only a very few superiors would know the true destination til then.

"Loose lips sink ships."
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6781|PNW

Teebaggs1 wrote:

"Loose lips sink ships."
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6641|949

I thought we have had military forces in there intermittantly for a while now. (Special Forces, etc.)  Let's see if I can find a link here...
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6774|Dallas
If this is true, all I can say is..

CONGRADU-FUCKING-LATIONS GERALDO JR., YOU JUST COMPROMISED A MILITARY OPERATION!!!
Fen321
+54|6507|Singularity
Awesome -- lets keep racking up the war crimes.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6630|London, England
I'm gonna simultaneously send this to the Iranians and the FBI. Har Har.

Seriously though, if you're not bullshitting. Isn't this abit too classified to post on the internets.
motherdear
+25|6661|Denmark/Minnesota (depends)
i doubt some og this info too, but anyway the Nacy Seals and Force Recon has been deployed inside the iran border for months doing recon foto shoots and similar.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6659

Steve, you sure when your buddy told you this he intended for it to be released over the internet? I mean, that is not public knowledge for sure. He shouldn't have told you, but telling us does not seem like a good idea.
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6500|Menlo Park, CA

Mekstizzle wrote:

Seriously though, if you're not bullshitting. Isn't this abit too classified to post on the internets.
No not at all. . . .we are not compromising his mission whatsoever. . .

If he can tell his father that he is going there, then its not too classified.  He didnt tell him where and when, he just left and said thats where I'll be. . .

When he left for Afghanistan and Iraq, he just said "I'm deploying to Afghanistan. . .I'm deploying to Iraq" thats it, no operational details.

It only makes sense that they would be conducting recon, and or anti-insurgent/terrorist operations there! I just had no idea that they were already in Iran. . . . He has been gone for 3 weeks already!

side note: His dad told me he got back from Utah recently training with 8 SAS guys.  Apparently the SAS were in Iran and got captured, and did a little too much talking if ya know what I mean.  They were subsequently released and sent to Utah to train with Seals on counter capture/interrogation techniques. . . Mike apparently was an instructor.  The only reason the SAS guys weren't killed is because they said their purpose of their mission to the captors. . .  which is a bigtime no no! Hence the reason they were sent to be re-trained by Seals.  I am sure some SAS fanboy is gonna think this is bullshit, but I dont care. . .its true and I'm just tellin ya what I heard from a guy who's son is a Navy Seal. 

p.s. I am not making any of this shit up! I value honesty over a bullshit shock value story any day of the week. I just felt the community needed a juicy news story.

Last edited by fadedsteve (2007-05-07 14:23:07)

BeerzGod
Hooray Beer!
+94|6580|United States
If he couldn't tell you what he was going to be doing, then there's no way he would have told you where he was actually going. That's just as secret.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6641|949

motherdear wrote:

i doubt some og this info too, but anyway the Nacy Seals and Force Recon has been deployed inside the iran border for months doing recon foto shoots and similar.
I can't find the articles I was reading.  Probably in some leftie mag like Mother Jones or theNation.  I seem to remember reading that there were incarnations of TF121, TF645 and TF6-26 inside Iran doing reconnaissance.  I'll have to go home after work and look through my mags.

edit: and a quote from one of the early backers of TF121 (the forces that caught Saddam) "The only way we can win is to go unconventional. We’re going to have to play their game. Guerrilla versus guerrilla. Terrorism versus terrorism. We’ve got to scare the Iraqis into submission."

Last edited by KEN-JENNINGS (2007-05-07 14:27:14)

jonsimon
+224|6505
More posturing. We've had an immense naval presence in there for years.
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6500|Menlo Park, CA

BeerzGod wrote:

If he couldn't tell you what he was going to be doing, then there's no way he would have told you where he was actually going. That's just as secret.
They engage in classified operations. . . .of course

You dont think you are going to tell your dad where you are deploying to?? Cmon!

His dad told my dad, in which I called Mike Sr. to find out the whole scoop on why Mike Jr. was just deployed to Iran. . .

He didnt know the operational details other than he IS there, and has been for 3 weeks now.
RECONDO67
+60|6646|miami FL

fadedsteve wrote:

Just talked with my friends father this afternoon, who is the father of Navy Seal Mike C. (last name withheld).  He and I attended high school together.  Mike is a 30 year old Navy Seal who has left for Iran within the last 3 weeks. . . . .

We dont know the mission in which he has been assigned, nor the location within Iran, all we know is Mike said thats where he was deploying. . .

Mike was involved in the shoot out with Iraqi insurgents, where a fellow Navy Seal died as a result of being a body shield for 2 of his comrads in arms.  Here is the link.  There is an ongoing push to have this SEAL recieve a posthumous Medal of Honour.

My buddy Mike recieved shrapnel in the knee as a result of this engagement.  He is fully recovered, but does still have some issues with pain apparently.  The injuries are not bad enough for him to be put out of duty. 

HOWEVER, this raises a question in my mind. . . .What is going on in Iran?? Why are our Seals headed there? Is this the beginning stages of the attack to remove Iran's nuclear weapons facilities??
Close this thread what are you CNN thnaks for tiping the enemy
ghettoperson
+1,943|6659

fadedsteve wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

No not at all. . . .we are not compromising his mission whatsoever. . .

If he can tell his father that he is going there, then its not too classified.  He didnt tell him where and when, he just left and said thats where I'll be. . .

When he left for Afghanistan and Iraq, he just said "I'm deploying to Afghanistan. . .I'm deploying to Iraq" thats it, no operational details.

It only makes sense that they would be conducting recon, and or anti-insurgent/terrorist operations there! I just had no idea that they were already in Iran. . . . He has been gone for 3 weeks already!

side note: His dad told me he got back from Utah recently training with 8 SAS guys.  Apparently the SAS were in Iran and got captured, and did a little too much talking if ya know what I mean.  They were subsequently released and sent to Utah to train with Seals on counter capture/interrogation techniques. . . Mike apparently was an instructor.  The only reason the SAS guys weren't killed is because they said their purpose of their mission to the captors. . .  which is a bigtime no no! Hence the reason they were sent to be re-trained by Seals.  I am sure some SAS fanboy is gonna think this is bullshit, but I dont care. . .its true and I'm just tellin ya what I heard from a guy who's son is a Navy Seal. 

p.s. I am not making any of this shit up! I value honesty over a bullshit shock value story any day of the week. I just felt the community needed a juicy news story.
This is all very interesting and that, I'm not denying that. However SEAL's inside Iranian territory would potentially be an act of war. Having found nothing about this online makes me believe that it is fairly secret. I'm not going to say it's bullshit, because I know nothing about it, but I'm very surprised to hear that the SAS gave up info. Those guys are pretty serious about that kind of thing. I also don't really think that either force is really superior to the other, so why they'd need to train with you guys to get them up to scratch I don't really know. As I said though, we don't really know anything about this whole thing.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6630|London, England

Fadedsteve wrote:

Apparently the SAS were in Iran and got captured, and did a little too much talking if ya know what I mean.  They were subsequently released and sent to Utah to train with Seals on counter capture/interrogation techniques. . . Mike apparently was an instructor.  The only reason the SAS guys weren't killed is because they said their purpose of their mission to the captors. . .  which is a bigtime no no! Hence the reason they were sent to be re-trained by Seals.  I am sure some SAS fanboy is gonna think this is bullshit, but I dont care. . .its true and I'm just tellin ya what I heard from a guy who's son is a Navy Seal.
Wow..er, I dunno what to say with this but...wow.
kilgoretrout
+53|6479|Little Rock, AR
I'm calling bullshit.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6640|Washington, DC

RECONDO67 wrote:

fadedsteve wrote:

Close this thread what are you CNN thnaks for tiping the enemy
Because Abdullah Mohammed al-Bakr's first choice for military information is obviously a video game site...

Anyways, sounds like a plan. The shadow teams will destroy their mainframe, and then... WE ROLL IN THE MAMMOTHS.
CoronadoSEAL
pics or it didn't happen
+207|6528|USA

damn - should have 'learned' farsi.

better question: why did they recommend 'military prospects' learn chinese only below (1) arabic and (2) farsi?

edit:

ghettoperson wrote:

This is all very interesting and that, I'm not denying that. However SEAL's inside Iranian territory would potentially be an act of war.
not necessarily.  if i'm not mistaken, in vietnam, Seals were sent in-country as 'advisors' well before extreme military escalation.

Last edited by CoronadoSEAL (2007-05-07 14:38:28)

ghettoperson
+1,943|6659

CoronadoSEAL wrote:

damn - should have 'learned' farsi.

better question: why did they recommend 'military prospects' learn chinese only below (1) arabic and (2) farsi?
Cause there are a shit load of Chinese speakers in the world, and they're also kinda scary?
Aegis
Sailor with no BF2 Navy
+19|6754|I'm worldwide, beotch

fadedsteve wrote:

Riiiiight....

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard