memphisjz
+1|6697|Belgium
what is considered as tank whoring??
srry that i don't know that
Angel.C-sq
+24|6699|Computer Chair
Spawn, take a tank, kill a lot, die.
Wait for the tank to spawn a do it all over again.
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6780|Human Meat Shield
Take Tank Or even TK for it, call it 'mine', EA designated each tank for specific people (only two per server) and you are not one of them. People will whore whatever will bring thier precious stats over the top. Superiority.
Paladus902
The Last Man Standing
+1|6797
Well a whore is defined as:

1) A prostitute.

And a tank is:

1) An enclosed, heavily armored combat vehicle that is armed with cannon and machine guns and moves on continuous tracks.

So from this we can see a tank whore is someone who either uses a tank to pick up clients, or someone who sleeps with...

Nah, j/k, tank whoring is basically repeatedly taking the tank and using it not to help your team but to go on a mass killing spree, and when you get killed, simply doing it again, and again and again and...
{CN}420
+30|6688
Not to help your team? I am a tank whore, I NEVER tk for it and I help my team all the time.
Paladus902
The Last Man Standing
+1|6797
I apologise.  You see most tank whores I have encountered simply drive around just getting kills instead of getting involved in teamplay, creating my stereotype, but if you do help your team thats great, and its also a rarity in my experience.

Plus, I only really think tank whores are those who repeatedly get killed quickly but keep using it regardless.  Skilled players would be able to rack up a decent score before being taken out of action.
{CN}420
+30|6688
I personally go down with the ship, that way I can spawn back and get the tank. If people need rides, I pick them up. If they get the tank, no big deal. I look on the map for action, if my team is doing a hard push on a flag I am right there with them for tank support. I will sometimes drive the long way, like on karkand, so I can flank the other team.

I love picking up newbs (privates) let them ride along and rack up the points with me. Alot of people say, omg fuck you and your tank blah blah. But if my commander is good, and they can't take me down then shame on them.

Like the other day on Karkand I was defending the factory, was spec ops on USMC and taking out all the commanders assets, and they had the warehouse doing a hard push. I defended for like 10 mins straight without dying. I got cussed out bad. I don't get it.
Paladus902
The Last Man Standing
+1|6797
Some people just cant hack it when going up against a tank, and they sometimes expect others to have to attack it to remove it.  Now thats what gets me, why not just spawn as anti-tank and do the job yourself?  No tank can sustain a continued attack without support, so its all about teamwork again.  And most of my friends tempers blow when they go on that game, its really weird but funny as hell to listen to as they scream over VOIP.

Its nice to see someone who plays and uses the tank effectively, and its good to see that there are some skilled players somewhere.  Keep up the good work!
{CN}420
+30|6688
Very true. Three of us were engineers the other day, had both apcs and tank. What does the other team do? Mass anti-tank, we killed still but most of the time got owned bad. It's just that easy. The different kits are for a reason, adjust to the circumstances.
DUFFKING
Insert witty comment here
+3|6769|Brixham, UK
If you take the tank, kill a bit then die, realise nobody else is bothering to take the tank, so you take it again and again and again because nobody else will defined as tank whoring?
Str?fe
+0|6687
Tankwhoring = killing ppl in a tank
Planewhoring = killing ppl in a plane
Tubewhoring = killing ppl with gl
sniperwhoring = killing ppl with sniperrifle
etc etc ...

In fact the second u join a server u r whoring
Paladus902
The Last Man Standing
+1|6797
Good point.  I once joined a Strike at Karkand server and the team were getting owened, and no one was using the APC or tank, so I grabbed the APC and helped to stem our casualties.  After about a minute we managed to get back into the city and capture the first flag but our advance was then halted.

It appeared no one wanted to use the vehicles because apparently that was whoring them.  I mean is that what its come to?  The only people I would class as whores are those who keep doing it and keep getting killed in quick succession, but then there are those wih skill who manage to turn back entire pushes and not get taken down.
KineticDeath
+2|6682
I think there needs to be a distinction made about what people call a tank whore and what a tank whore is. Using a tank repeatedly in a round when its not being used is not tank whoring. ONLY using a tank round after round after round and not trying to do anything else - that is. It gets old when you see or get killed by the same noob round after round because they don't know how to kill someone without a tank. The same goes for grenade launchers.

If you can kill me with something other than a tank or a grenade launcher, repeatedly - that is not whoring that is skill. I give props to snipers, jet fighters, and the other kits that can do that. For the rest of you - get some skillz.
ilyandor
+31|6699|Phoenix, AZ

Paladus902 wrote:

Good point.  I once joined a Strike at Karkand server and the team were getting owened, and no one was using the APC or tank, so I grabbed the APC and helped to stem our casualties.  After about a minute we managed to get back into the city and capture the first flag but our advance was then halted.

It appeared no one wanted to use the vehicles because apparently that was whoring them.  I mean is that what its come to?  The only people I would class as whores are those who keep doing it and keep getting killed in quick succession, but then there are those wih skill who manage to turn back entire pushes and not get taken down.
thank you...i think i agree. people calling people whores cos they get killed a certain way is just plain bitchin. silly, childish bitchin...

sooo, is Osama Bin Ladin a plane whore? lol
fumanchus
+0|6709
Tank Whoring Is When Your Mom Drives A Tank!
{CN}420
+30|6688

fumanchus wrote:

Tank Whoring Is When Your Mom Drives A Tank!
I think if I was in kindergarten, I would of laughed.
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6780|Human Meat Shield
Off topic, but I've learned the hard way when there are two tanks/apcs and a crate, which would you take out?? Well if you picked crate you have been in my situation and won.

I only classify tank hoes as someone who say's 'it's mine' or runs to it when you've been waiting for a sec and jumps in (not minutes because I believe you should do more than just stand around waiting)
{CN}420
+30|6688

imdead wrote:

Off topic, but I've learned the hard way when there are two tanks/apcs and a crate, which would you take out?? Well if you picked crate you have been in my situation and won.

I only classify tank hoes as someone who say's 'it's mine' or runs to it when you've been waiting for a sec and jumps in (not minutes because I believe you should do more than just stand around waiting)
Yeah, cause if hit them by the crate, by the time you reload he is already healed.
Berserk_Vampire
Banned
+7|6699
Thats me
KevinB550
+5|6726
I'll often take a tank when nobody else is using it, but I don't play just to tank. I'm on foot far more often than anything else, and I've even weaned myself off the tube

Though I do love tanking from time to time... played a round of Warlord the other night, using mainly LAV-25... 48 kills, 2 deaths baby!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard