ilyandor
+31|6659|Phoenix, AZ
thanks for the normal posters, guys, i didnt mean to start a bitchslap contest but some people uh-hmm HMS Del Boy cant help themselves.

So, glad that i'm not the only one thanking the peeps who dolphin-dive to the prone position for me to get a "in-your-face-super-accurate-pot-shot-cos-thers-nowhere-elso-for-me-to-shoot---shot" in their, well; FACE!
[1MI]CriticalFailure
+0|6751|Wisco
You seem to be under the impression that shooting at a smaller target makes you more accurate.  Yes, 100% of your shots at just a head will be headshots, but how many more will hit the dust next to him because you are standing which lowers the accuracy of your weapon considerably?
Drunk_Musketeer
To be honest I don't care anyway..
+57|6708|Great Wall
I use both prone and standing while shooting.. it depends on situation.. i.e. prone while dueling with sniper at longer distances (but not too long) is the easiest way to a coffin cuz it's easier for a sniper to hit head while his target prone.. better stand and strafe a little bit.. we can get hit.. but not often die from 1 shot so we have a chance to hide.. While dueling any other class at longer distances - prone better. At very close combat prone is not a good idea cuz opponents can jump and make hitting them harder.. But patch 1.2 will change that I think, no more shooting while jumping, but going into prone position longer... We will see.. hard to say now.

Last edited by Drunk_Musketeer (2006-01-20 00:36:21)

TehSeraphim
Thread Ender
+58|6694|New Hampshire
Depends on what gun I have...generally I only go prone if I'm using the support class, and then I only go prone and zoom in.

The reason it makes it easier to get hit in the face when you're prone is because your head generally gets closer to the target and exposes your vitals more.  When you're standing up you can move quicker and become harder to hit, and your entire body is the same distance from the enemy.  When you're on the ground your head is closer, and generally people shoot too short than too far IMO (i.e. if im gonna shoot at someone on the ground, im more apt to shoot in front of their face than behind their head).
thinner44
+1|6780

ilyandor wrote:

{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy wrote:

After reading your post I can confirm one thing and that is

you're a noob
not you again you fucking FORUM WHORE!!! all you do is trash me and shit. just fucking go jerk off in your own fescies and vomit in your cold, grey, windy, shitty little fucking inbred island england boy!!!

p.s. If you ever reply to ANY of my posts again I will report you for forum spamming ya nobhead
To the original post. I do both, depends on the situation, if I'm just turning a corner and I see an enemy running up to me, i'll stand and fight, I guess it's a 50/50 outcome. If I spot an enemy in the distance, I'll go prone and single shot him. He's usually spinning around and doesn't know where the shot came from, giving me the advantage.

ilyandor, seems like you have some real bad issues. When you insult someone like you've just done, you not only insult him, but also the rest of us that live on this island (IMO). You sir are an embarrassment to the US of A.

Have a nice day

Last edited by thinner44 (2006-01-20 01:52:56)

Atlas
+0|6651

stryyker wrote:

i like being erect

when people prone, they do it to make themselves a smaller target, usually not for accuracy
Nope, it's actually almost always for more accuracy. There is a noticable decrease in bullet deviation when prone, that's the most common reason I go prone.
kn0ckahh
+98|6709|netherlands, sweet lake city
I agree with you that you are an easy target while laying down and an hard targe if you stand because you  can also strafe faster....  but when an opponent doest see you you should get prone because you will kill him much faster because of the better accuracy
MrBrain
+24|6661|Finland
I understand the statement just fine, when the victim stands you don't neccessary aim at the head but the whole man standing there, when the victim is in prone you're "forced" to shoot at the head. Sounds silly I know, but when you really think about it you sometimes actually do just like that, aiming for the whole man. Except for the guys playing perfect and always aim for the head. ...and whines about bunnyjumpers.
Zapata1982
+4|6643|Los Angeles, KALIFoooNIaaa
ah ah you said "ERECT"
it made me chuckle..... Immature mind..sorry
ilyandor
+31|6659|Phoenix, AZ

thinner44 wrote:

ilyandor wrote:

{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy wrote:

After reading your post I can confirm one thing and that is

you're a noob
not you again you fucking FORUM WHORE!!! all you do is trash me and shit. just fucking go jerk off in your own fescies and vomit in your cold, grey, windy, shitty little fucking inbred island england boy!!!

p.s. If you ever reply to ANY of my posts again I will report you for forum spamming ya nobhead
To the original post. I do both, depends on the situation, if I'm just turning a corner and I see an enemy running up to me, i'll stand and fight, I guess it's a 50/50 outcome. If I spot an enemy in the distance, I'll go prone and single shot him. He's usually spinning around and doesn't know where the shot came from, giving me the advantage.

ilyandor, seems like you have some real bad issues. When you insult someone like you've just done, you not only insult him, but also the rest of us that live on this island (IMO). You sir are an embarrassment to the US of A.

Have a nice day
Sorry mate, I've lived in Windsor, Slough, Bracknell, Staines,,,Berkshire in general for over 10 years...and no, HMS Sir Del Boy IS the embarrasment to the UK. And I did not start insulting; he did, as usual. If you do a search on what he posted, 95% of what you see are FLAMES. So I guess I don't tolerate his face no more. Sorry I went off on England; it is a nice country. And, as you guessed from my name, I am from Russia, just living in Arizona for now.

PEACE
MarkyMark
+5|6643|UK
Whoa I live in surrey, thats pretty close to where you used to live England is cool heheheh an i think prone is better when your further away but standing better when you closer
s4vior6
Save's UR @$$
+1|6716|Somewhere in NYC

[1MI]CriticalFailure wrote:

I STILL don't get how it's easier to shoot for someone's face when they are laying down!  Can someone please clarify this?  Their head is just as visible standing up. 

When they are prone, yes, all your HITS will be headshots.

When they are standing, you will HIT much more often as you have a larger target. 

What are you guys thinking that I'm not getting?
I think a prone target gives you no choice but headshots. A standing target has more hit boxes, more options to cap im in whatever body part you desire.

Although, I prefer proning targets because they can't sidestep as fast.

edit: Oh, and standing still like a nub is another story.

Last edited by s4vior6 (2006-01-20 12:10:30)

VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6676|Antarctica
You just gotta go by whats happening at that moment, theres no formula that says "go prone at such-and-such time"
GuliblGuy
Zulu son, what!?!
+79|6756|Anaheim, CA

How is it easier?  Their head doesn't get any bigger when they lay down. 

Anyone remember DK mode on Goldeneye?
Ha ha, DK mode was crazy!  Ahhh, the days of getting 4 friends on Bond and shooting each other in the faces . . .
{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6679|th3 unkn0wn

ilyandor wrote:

thinner44 wrote:

ilyandor wrote:

Have a nice day
Sorry mate, I've lived in Windsor, Slough, Bracknell, Staines,,,Berkshire in general for over 10 years...
Yeah right...all those places?!? It must have been mental institutions moving you on from one place to another judging by the amount of profanity that you spout. I'm an embarrassment to the UK? Where have I dissed someone's country like you did? You're just taking back wot you said about England cos you know you'll be disliked even more and had just made a fool of yourself like you did in this thread

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=11037&p=2

where you once again show your maturity by searching for a post by me and dissing me when all I'd done wos refer to people going off topic when the subject at hand wos actually that of an innocent girl being beheaded by terrorists.

Nice one ilyandor. If that girl wos related to you I doubt you'd be talking like that you foul mouthed twat.

PEACE OUT RUSSIAN REJECT

Last edited by {HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy (2006-01-20 13:33:54)

thinner44
+1|6780

ilyandor wrote:

thinner44 wrote:

ilyandor wrote:

Have a nice day
Sorry mate, I've lived in Windsor, Slough, Bracknell, Staines,,,Berkshire in general for over 10 years...and no, HMS Sir Del Boy IS the embarrasment to the UK. And I did not start insulting; he did, as usual. If you do a search on what he posted, 95% of what you see are FLAMES. So I guess I don't tolerate his face no more. Sorry I went off on England; it is a nice country. And, as you guessed from my name, I am from Russia, just living in Arizona for now.

PEACE
Fair enough . I know what it's like when someone starts the abuse, it's not easy to deal with and the worst part is when someone else comes in halfway through an argument. I accept what you say and peace to you too
Jestar
Shifty's Home Number: 02 9662 8432
+373|6711

theyre cyber-stalking each other through the BF2S world
EsP-Grandpa
+0|6672
You youngsters!

When you get a little maturity, you will discover that you can be prone and erect at the same time!

Last edited by EsP-Grandpa (2006-01-20 15:00:19)

Dirrty_Bird
Dirtier than thou
+5|6711|Vermont

<{SoE}>Agamemnar wrote:

I'm always erect.
Have you been erect for more than 4 hours?  If so, you need to see a doctor.

Last edited by BiRdMaN829 (2006-01-20 15:44:06)

Prodie
Moderator Emeritus
+270|6745|Nova Scotia, Canada

GuliblGuy wrote:

How is it easier?  Their head doesn't get any bigger when they lay down. 

Anyone remember DK mode on Goldeneye?
Ha ha, DK mode was crazy!  Ahhh, the days of getting 4 friends on Bond and shooting each other in the faces . . .
Yep, the good ol' days....actually I just played Bond with three friends last night! I actually bought an N64 off ebay just for Bond, the best game ever made!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard