Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6570|San Diego, CA, USA
geNius posted this YouTube video that shows how this guy in his garage made basically a powercell that converts regular water into very cheap energy. 

I have no idea how he does it or the technology behind what he's doing, but if this is true would this be the solution to our energy independence? 

Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6788|UK
If this is true thats incredible. Infact you can even use water itself to pump itself, which is incredible.

Last edited by Vilham (2007-05-06 12:42:45)

Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6652|Washington, DC

Hax.

Although it's hard to believe the surface of the flame gets hotter than the sun...
ELITE-UK
Scratching my back
+170|6496|SHEFFIELD, ENGLAND
Up yours global warming!

Were all saved lads
ghettoperson
+1,943|6671

Hurricane wrote:

Hax.

Although it's hard to believe the surface of the flame gets hotter than the sun...
Hard to believe, but not that much of a stretch. The sun is about 5500k and an average bunsen burner is somewhere around 2500k.
ts-pulsar
+54|6525

ghettoperson wrote:

Hurricane wrote:

Hax.

Hard to believe, but not that much of a stretch. The sun is about 5500k and an average bunsen burner is somewhere around 2500k.
+1

An oxy-acetylene torch properly set up can get as hot as the surface of the sun.  And your average electric welder is usually twice as hot as the surface of the sun.
motherdear
+25|6673|Denmark/Minnesota (depends)
Jesus fucking Christ were saved
Scardaddy
+37|6414|UK
That's an impressive step forward, it's so hard to believe if someone could work it out in there own garage, then why hasn't someone come up with it before, and if they have how come we aren't using it now, WTF.  It really makes you think about the nature of the worlds economies and what is going on about the impact humans are having on the world.  Gosh I sound like a little b*tch right now *punches self in face*, wow that's better.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6427|North Carolina
http://hytechapps.com/

If I'm not mistaken, this is the website of the company of the guy in that video.
LawJik
The Skeptical Realist
+48|6553|Amherst, MA
A little more in depth:

[google]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=660759158947266385[/google]
Turquoise
O Canada
You wouldn't happen to have the next part of the clip, would you?  I'd like to see how this applies to cars...
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6788|UK
What is depressing is that oil companies will try so hard to run them into the ground.
Turquoise
O Canada
I actually have a little more hope for these guys.  They are proposing a new hybrid fuel system with HHO and conventional gas together.  That's less likely to piss off the oil companies, and given the cleaner emissions, they could spin it as part of their "greener" agenda.

Last edited by Turquoise (2007-05-06 18:15:04)

CommieChipmunk
+488|6592|Portland, OR, USA
That's really really old.  I remember seeing that a couple years ago.

I heard that oil companies and even the government really fucked them up somehow; they were really unhappy.

I'll see if I can dig up the link, but I doubt that I can.
Turquoise
O Canada
Seriously?  Shit, I'm gonna look that up....
geNius
..!.,
+144|6464|SoCal
I wasn't sure if it had been posted here, but it is fairly aged by the time I posted it.

The fact of the matter is that it's very possible, and it'll be interesting to see where it takes us, if it isn't dismantled by corporations and special interests.  It is, effectively, free and unlimited, clean and efficient power.
https://srejects.com/genius/srejects.png
CommieChipmunk
+488|6592|Portland, OR, USA

Turquoise wrote:

Seriously?  Shit, I'm gonna look that up....
Yeah I can't remember what it said about the government, they might not have been involved, but I'm pretty sure that the oil companies like shut them down or something.  Either way, they were really pissed.

It'd be hard to hike up the price of water like they're doing gasoline.  Up to 3.48 here in Oregon.  Fuckers..
elstonieo
Oil 4 Euros not $$$
+20|6360|EsSeX

CommieChipmunk wrote:

That's really really old.  I remember seeing that a couple years ago.

I heard that oil companies and even the government really fucked them up somehow; they were really unhappy.

I'll see if I can dig up the link, but I doubt that I can.
yeah 1996 there was a TV program about zero point energy.

[google]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3953634519146582505&q=Stan+Meyer[/google]
Turquoise
O Canada
Yep...  Science (or organized science as it were) is more politics than facts, and what is seen as the public's interest has more to do with "entrenched interests" than actual advancement in society and technology.

...and people wonder why misanthropy is so popular these days....

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard