The_Mac
+96|6251
yay for making useless threads to try and pass off everyone you disagree with as a racist! w00t! Well done.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6316|Éire
Extremists suck cock ...fuck them. But writing off someone based purely on their religion is totally stupid. If someone's religion or way of life explicitly separates them from the rest of society them let them live in isolation. Otherwise give everyone a chance and don't be ignorant.
HunterOfSkulls
Rated EC-10
+246|6305
Racism/bigotry and extremism are two sides of the same coin. It's lazy thinking. "All blacks are criminals", "All muslims are potential terrorists", "All non-muslims are wicked and immoral", so on and so forth. Unfortunately almost anyone from any society can fall prey to it, because simple answers to complex issues are very seductive. And speaking of simple answers to complex issues, to the person somewhere upthread who was crying about the evil political correctness of not using profiling, tell me, what does a muslim look like exactly? Do you have some sort of cartoonish caricature in your head that you expect them all to conform to? If not, hopefully you realize that there are Muslims out there that are so white they make me look Middle Eastern by comparison, so your dumbass "profiling" would only give actual terrorists an idea of what to avoid appearance-wise while giving people like you even more of a false sense of security.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6792|Cambridge (UK)

ATG wrote:

Somebody say something about getting stoned?
I need to.

Last edited by Scorpion0x17 (2007-05-06 00:43:21)

fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6516|Menlo Park, CA
Racism. . . .simply put, there is no place for it in a forum of "civil" forum trolls! lol

Its one thing to say something politically incorrect, its another to be outright racist. . . .I can handle the occasional un-pc comment, I just cant handle racial hate based on idiocy. . . . .

I will stand by my comment of the anti-semitism on this forum though. . . .its prevalent!
RicardoBlanco
The English
+177|6594|Oxford
I don't think it's any coincidence that the world has been fighting wars for thousands of years to create borders and boundaries around groups of people. It seems inherent for us to keep a separation between us and different ethnic/genetic groups so why is the current political trend towards integration?

Each time a particular ethnic people try and settle in someone elses country it usually ends in disaster, examples of which can be found in any ethnic community in most western towns. They inevitably turn into run down, crime ridden areas which cause tension between the original inhabitants and the immigrants.

Racism is just an overused, patronising term that assumes people can't make judgements for themselves. The sooner we look at the real causes of tension between ethnic groups, the sooner we can all go home.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6700|Canberra, AUS

The_Mac wrote:

yay for making useless threads to try and pass off everyone you disagree with as a racist! w00t! Well done.
Yay for making points trying to degrade the opinions and thoughts of others as useless! w00t! Well done.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
E1_ned
+8|6520|netherlands
this forum needs a special section... "Debate and Serious Talk for people with an IQ under 80"

here they can post their small minded views of the world, something very few are interested in.
here they can copy and paste opinions of others without thinking for themselves.
here they can be tracked down, rounded up and put away. these people need to be taken out of society because they obviously are not  contributing to it.

oh.... that's right.... now I'm doing it to

I've seen it sooo many times here. mindless people just keep on going about something that they never given a thought. debate??? not here. dumb people here are not able to give a good argument why they are right and you are wrong.

in real life, if you see a bunch of neo-Nazi's. they never ever ever ever come across as highly intelligent people. these people say that they are the best there is.... omfg if that were to be true... they probably are not intelligent enough to tie their own shoelaces let alone keep a job. now... we all pay taxes to keep these people alive ( welfare )... stop paying taxes Will eventually take care of this problem !!!!

in the future... think for yourself. stop copy and pasting.
Dersmikner
+147|6524|Texas
If you have a container full of 10,000 apples, and one is bad, you can honestly say "hey, do't let one bad apple spoil the whole bunch."

That's still a good bunch of apples.

If you have a container with 10,000 apples and 6,400 of them are bad, that's a bad bunch of apples, and you're jsut as well off destroying the whole bunch and starting over.

Last edited by Dersmikner (2007-05-06 07:28:51)

ATG
Banned
+5,233|6555|Global Command

E1_ned wrote:

this forum needs a special section... "Debate and Serious Talk for people with an IQ under 80"

here they can post their small minded views of the world, something very few are interested in.
here they can copy and paste opinions of others without thinking for themselves.
here they can be tracked down, rounded up and put away. these people need to be taken out of society because they obviously are not  contributing to it.

oh.... that's right.... now I'm doing it to

I've seen it sooo many times here. mindless people just keep on going about something that they never given a thought. debate??? not here. dumb people here are not able to give a good argument why they are right and you are wrong.

in real life, if you see a bunch of neo-Nazi's. they never ever ever ever come across as highly intelligent people. these people say that they are the best there is.... omfg if that were to be true... they probably are not intelligent enough to tie their own shoelaces let alone keep a job. now... we all pay taxes to keep these people alive ( welfare )... stop paying taxes Will eventually take care of this problem !!!!

in the future... think for yourself. stop copy and pasting.
I searched long and hard for the right descriptive phrase to define you post and I finally got it;

How retarded.

Last edited by ATG (2007-05-06 07:44:10)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6787

lol...this thread proves so such.  And not about racism either.
theelviscerator
+19|6314
Only a racist would  think a muslim is a race for example.

Eurospeak PC garbage.

Muslims can be any race.

White Black Yellow Brown.

Religious bigotry is allowed on these forums.

The atheists sure have free reign.

Last edited by theelviscerator (2007-05-06 10:09:57)

Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6790|Dallas
I love how modern day PCness makes it a crime for someone not to like another, have a viewpoint or opinion opposite of popular decision, or to proud of where you come from (race/nation/state/religion/etc).

Hurrah hurrah, lets all hold hands and think exactly the same as each other and shun the dissenters and non-conformists!

Apparantly I am:

Stupid for not liking certain people, even though I haven't met very many I could tolerate.

Have a low I.Q. for not particularly liking a religion that in a large section of the world condones terrorism and acts of barbary.

Simple minded for not giving an individual examination of each and every person I've met, when over the course of my life I have found certain people to act very, very similar to each other.

A loser/bigot/rasict/nazi, for standing up for; and not being afraid to share my personal views and beliefs.  Also, I find being condemned for my beliefs by a group of people that apparently try to stand up for people's personal beliefs is ironically hilarious and hypocritical.

Liberty for the people, not for the person.  That seems to be the motto here.
Shopvac
If it doesn't say shop-vac keep shopping!
+25|6566|Grand Rapids, MI

Dersmikner wrote:

If you have a container full of 10,000 apples, and one is bad, you can honestly say "hey, do't let one bad apple spoil the whole bunch."

That's still a good bunch of apples.

If you have a container with 10,000 apples and 6,400 of them are bad, that's a bad bunch of apples, and you're jsut as well off destroying the whole bunch and starting over.
The problem is this: If there are a total of 10,000 apples in the world, and you destroy the whole bunch, then there is no potential to start over. This is not an attack of your logic. Rather, it is an attack on the logic of people who advocate "nuking the (insert low-browed derogatory term here)'s." It seems they have a serious problem with their critical thinking abilities.

Someone on the first page (sorry for forgetting who it was) said that we should be careful because children are reading these posts. It occurs to me that some of the racist posts in here may be from are younger participants. They may be repeating what a parent says, or just trying to give as strong an argument as they're capable of. I would argue that it is our obligation to let them know that there are serious consequences to these types of flawed arguments. We should let them know that it is okay to disagree, and to despise the existence of another person. And we should also let them know that it is not okay to dislike every person who looks like the person that they hate.

To me it all boils down to this. If you pre-judge people, or judge someone without knowing anything about them, then you are the looser. I feel bad for people who do this. However, the aspect of the situation that bugs me the most is the pain that is inflicted on the oppressed because those in power squander their privilege, and ignore enlightenment for the sake of comfort.

Fear is no one's ally.
Dersmikner
+147|6524|Texas
I'm 40, and yes, I'm prejudging.

Still, you cross the line from it being an uninformed poor choice to being a necessity at some point, and I think we're at that point.

Here's one: drinking and driving. Probably shouldn't really be illegal to have a beer and drive your car. you're no more dangerous than you are if you are on a cellphone or eating a burger. But since who knows where the exact line is all the time, it's best to make it illegal to have a beer in the car.

Pitbulls around grade school children. 99 out of 100 of them are angels (or so the pitbull lobby tells us) but I'll be damned if once a month I don't read about a pitbull that completely friggin mauls a 4 year old.

I bet there are plenty of great Muslims. Unfortunately the rest of them are so damned bad, and so dangerous to the rest of the world, and the good ones aren't doing anything to stop them, that I've decided it's best to just get rid of all of them. The "good ones" are guilty of aiding and abetting if nothing else.

I know it's terrible and lots of good people would go by the wayside, but I've decided we're at the point where it's not worth the price of doing the right thing anymore. I'm okay with killing them all.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6783|Argentina

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Point is? I'm not saying ALL black people are stupid, just a lot of them.
Thanks for proving my point.  You are not racist at all.

Last edited by sergeriver (2007-05-06 13:03:35)

sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6783|Argentina

Cougar wrote:

So to recap:

North Africa: Ex-Terrorist states mainly run by hot headed dictators since the British left after building the place up into a respectable country.

Middle Africa: Genocide after Civil War after Genocide over natural resources.

South Africa: Almost respectable but slowly turning into a cess pool of crime since the white population is diminishing.
Again, you're making generalizations.  South Africa almost respectable?  They just left the apartheid, what do you expect there?  North Africa mainly ex-terrorist states?  That's racist and stereotyping.

Last edited by sergeriver (2007-05-06 13:15:45)

sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6783|Argentina

Cougar wrote:

I love how modern day PCness makes it a crime for someone not to like another, have a viewpoint or opinion opposite of popular decision, or to proud of where you come from (race/nation/state/religion/etc).

Hurrah hurrah, lets all hold hands and think exactly the same as each other and shun the dissenters and non-conformists!

Apparantly I am:

Stupid for not liking certain people, even though I haven't met very many I could tolerate.

Have a low I.Q. for not particularly liking a religion that in a large section of the world condones terrorism and acts of barbary.

Simple minded for not giving an individual examination of each and every person I've met, when over the course of my life I have found certain people to act very, very similar to each other.

A loser/bigot/rasict/nazi, for standing up for; and not being afraid to share my personal views and beliefs.  Also, I find being condemned for my beliefs by a group of people that apparently try to stand up for people's personal beliefs is ironically hilarious and hypocritical.

Liberty for the people, not for the person.  That seems to be the motto here.
Nobody asked you to like those people, just don't hate them.

Last edited by sergeriver (2007-05-06 14:20:24)

Skexis
+6|6485

Cougar wrote:

If you can give someone an opinion that is backed up by more than "Oh, I know those kinds of people," you might find others more willing to listen to you.

Cry me a fucking river if you don't like it when people call you out for being closed-minded. You're not disagreeing. You can carry your personal beliefs to hell with you and I won't give a second thought to your passing. But are you saying that you'll tell your children to learn from their own experience, or will you encourage them to stay away from the darkies?

Dersmikner wrote:

I know it's terrible and lots of good people would go by the wayside, but I've decided we're at the point where it's not worth the price of doing the right thing anymore. I'm okay with killing them all.
What price? What exactly are we paying with? Why do you care so much more about your neighbor if you're content to lobby for genocide whenever it suits you?
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6431|North Carolina

theelviscerator wrote:

How are Christians harassed on this forum?  Do tell...
Sanjaya
Banned
+40|6253
Wow, like South Africa was respectable when whitey was in charge. Negative points for that comment.
HunterOfSkulls
Rated EC-10
+246|6305

Turquoise wrote:

Well now you have to understand that very special brand of logic that has "persecution" translated as "not able to browbeat people with my religious beliefs without someone telling me to go get fucked". Christians believe they are under attack in America because people say "Happy Holidays" and because people are actually opposing them when they try to enshrine their religious tenets in our secular laws. Plainly put, they're oppressed by not being allowed to oppress others.
Turquoise
O Canada

Sanjaya wrote:

Wow, like South Africa was respectable when whitey was in charge. Negative points for that comment.
Well, if you look at how most of Africa was being run (and how India was run) when European nations ruled those areas, they did tend to have better infrastructures, more stable governments, and more stable economies.

I'm not saying that the racism prevalent in those societies was right or just in any manner, but they certainly seemed more functional in a lot of respects.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6627|132 and Bush

Turquoise wrote:

theelviscerator wrote:

https://www.tshirthell.com/shirts/products/a699/a699_thumb.jpg..lol Cam
However, Atheist are questioned/harassed just as much (Along with nearly every other religious group). So as the the forum indicates "If you can't keep a level head this forum is not for you".
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Turquoise
O Canada

Kmarion wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

theelviscerator wrote:

http://www.tshirthell.com/shirts/produc … _thumb.jpg..lol Cam
However, Atheist are questioned/harassed just as much (Along with nearly every other religious group). So as the the forum indicates "If you can't keep a level head this forum is not for you".
True dat...  lol...  I think the primary difference between many Christians and Muslims is that Christians do tend to take criticism better.

Last edited by Turquoise (2007-05-06 16:53:28)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard