Esker
+1|6736
Enemy boat spotted.
iceman785
+93|6682|Alaska, mother fucker.
Is it ok if the commander co-pilots of a chopper(you can still do the things you need for placing arty +you get more kills) thats pretty much what i do most of the time so i get like 80+ points a game
washow
Get out of MY JET!!!
+23|6721

The_Lone_N00b wrote:

My dad, who is a 6 year veteran of the marine corps, says the commander NEVER EVER goes into the field of combat. They stayed on the sidelines and watched the battle and commanded. So for all you commanders out there, please, stay out of the fray.

Paided for by the I Don't Give A Shit cooperation
yea because in REAL LIFE, nobody can RESPAWN

LOL

btw i do agree that cmd should only cmd. no flying/driving/fighting AT ALL especially on city maps like karkand where people constantly need UAV and spotting
MDW
+43|6686|Dortmund, Germany
I hate commanders in vehicles, unimportant how good they can use these vehicles.
It's just a f***ing waste because the killls the commander scores with the vehicle don't count.
He should leave the Tank/Chopper/Whatever to let somebody else use it and get points...
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6778|Human Meat Shield
actually it does count... for badges/ribbons, time of use that is. And if they get out of the the commander screen while dropping arty, does that submit to the kills area??
Giant_Squid500
+5|6681|U.S.A.
This is one thing that ticks me off!!
If your a commander, I don't care how God like you think you are. Keep your ass by your comms, a commander should be an Engineer and stay by his comms and artillery incase they get destroyed, you'll be able to repair them without having to wait for that one person that plays engineer all the time to come running back to help.
No driving, flying, or fighting, the commanders only view should be that of the Command View after you pressed Caps Lock. Nothing else.

It always annoys me when I see a retarded commander that thinks hes some super human medic/commander/tank driver.
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6745|Salt Lake City

usmarine2005 wrote:

Polarcap wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

I mean they don't command troops or artillery or tanks, but can understand the commander needs to be stationary observing the battlefield situation.
Roger that... didnt think a Marine was making a dig at the Coast Guard.... Because they are tighter then the Marines and the Navy!!
If you find a group of servicemen tighter than a Marine infantry unit, or any infantry unit, under fire in combat, then you have made history and should right a story............but I don't think you will find that.
I believe he meant the relation between the CG and USMC is tighter than that of the USMC and Navy.
savu
+0|6821

imdead wrote:

<{SoE}>Agamemnar wrote:

I command and fight on the front lines, I even can command while in a jet or chopper pretty effectively.

My stats should be proof it is feasible and I am an asset to the team while doing it. Check out my time as commander and win/loss ratio (I play autobalance servers only).

However, if it is a clan match I will tend to sit back... but I won't ever find a comfy spot that doesn't put me in danger. I will drop the fools before they know what hit em.
If you're doing all that and I see you I'm joining the other side. Because you are only scanning 'your' area. You need to see the whole field and if you say you are you are lying. Because if you are doing it right and on a full 64 servers you have people bugging for supply drops and you have to scan for them if they tag off to different areas to cap flags. Otherwise you are doing it for only you and in your general destruction area. It's a full time job. Win or Lose, the best commander is the one helping others and tending to thier needs, too many times i've seen commanders on the front lines and the UAV is missing for about 5 minutes or so because they are too busy in a firefight. Your stats aren't proof of anything to us, just to you they are proof that you play a game.
i agree! thats pissing me off when our squad needs UAV,arty or supplies desperately and u look at the sky and see a jet and think "there goes our commander...getting points just cos he had higher rank"!! Commander should keep out of front line and help others in need of it!!
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6771

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

Polarcap wrote:

Roger that... didnt think a Marine was making a dig at the Coast Guard.... Because they are tighter then the Marines and the Navy!!
If you find a group of servicemen tighter than a Marine infantry unit, or any infantry unit, under fire in combat, then you have made history and should right a story............but I don't think you will find that.
I believe he meant the relation between the CG and USMC is tighter than that of the USMC and Navy.
Hmmmm......maybe, but I didn't read it that way.
imdead
Death StatPadder

<{SoE}>Agamemnar wrote:

imdead wrote:

<{SoE}>Agamemnar wrote:

I command and fight on the front lines, I even can command while in a jet or chopper pretty effectively.

My stats should be proof it is feasible and I am an asset to the team while doing it. Check out my time as commander and win/loss ratio (I play autobalance servers only).

However, if it is a clan match I will tend to sit back... but I won't ever find a comfy spot that doesn't put me in danger. I will drop the fools before they know what hit em.
If you're doing all that and I see you I'm joining the other side. Because you are only scanning 'your' area. You need to see the whole field and if you say you are you are lying. Because if you are doing it right and on a full 64 servers you have people bugging for supply drops and you have to scan for them if they tag off to different areas to cap flags. Otherwise you are doing it for only you and in your general destruction area. It's a full time job. Win or Lose, the best commander is the one helping others and tending to thier needs, too many times i've seen commanders on the front lines and the UAV is missing for about 5 minutes or so because they are too busy in a firefight. Your stats aren't proof of anything to us, just to you they are proof that you play a game.
I don't play 64 player servers so your hypothesis means nothing to me. The lag is attrocious and so are the load times. Getting into a vehicle is pretty unthinkable unless you tk for it, and 64 maps are just plain boring. 32-46 is my target server.

And to totally brush off my stats is pretty fucking naive don't you think? Look at my win/loss ratio and my commander time along with my infantry/vehicle times. You don't think there's ANY connection? Come into Quebec Brainstorm server once in a while and I'll show you how effective I can be multitasking.

Ignorance is bliss.
You're an idiot. 64 full servers mean alot, and you just pointed out how you get your precious stats dickwad, by getting tanks/planes; and on a non-full server if you had half a brain would detect ANYONE could get stats in higher ranks, I personally think it's cheap and don't play that way. I've been there done that and I look at my Best IAR and it sickens me, 214 to me on a non-full server was crap to me and that's what I got, as you can see anyone can get it and do it. You play differently; yes I will brush off your stats for that reason I explained why. Take your bragging rights to your 16-48 servers where it's not uncommon to get 200 pts and 30-45 kills; that's your style, not mine. I'll stick to where full 64 you actually have to play to win and think where people are hiding/going. I don't post stats anymore because people have the wrong idea; obviously so do you -- flame if you want but I said mine, I will not repost to your stupidity. Grow up.
imdead
Death StatPadder
then why in the hell are you bragging then? what are you a 2 yr old that you couldn't understand; let me bring out your points and the one's I responded to - to make it clear for you.

YOU:  I don't play 64 player servers so your hypothesis means nothing to me. The lag is attrocious and so are the load times. Getting into a vehicle is pretty unthinkable unless you tk for it, and 64 maps are just plain boring. 32-46 is my target server.

ME: 64 full servers mean alot, and you just pointed out how you get your precious stats dickwad, by getting tanks/planes; and on a non-full server if you had half a brain would detect ANYONE could get stats in higher ranks, I personally think it's cheap and don't play that way. I've been there done that and I look at my Best IAR and it sickens me, 214 to me on a non-full server was crap to me and that's what I got, as you can see anyone can get it and do it. You play differently;

This statement here means you play commander on small servers so only you know where everyone else is at; the statement you previously posted also signifies that you are very selfish and it's me only, who cares what everyone else is doing. It might work for you and your small servers, but if you paid attension in class you would realize in previous posts on 64 servers you wouldn't make it as commander and doing what you do. And while you are in your 'look at me, I seem smarter' attitude, YOU are the one that brung out your precious stats, Mr. Contradictive. I couldn't resist to repost, but don't bring that shit; you, sir, need to make a more concise point in relation and read the whole post besides picking out key words. Obviously if you didn't get this: YOU:I have no fucking idea what you're rambling about... best round score? non-full servers? 200 points? ..... You have no, no idea. It's no use talking to a wall.
iceman785
+93|6682|Alaska, mother fucker.
Check this out! Okay pretend you are commander and you call an arty strike, right when you call it resign. Doing this makes every arty kill count as a kill and you get 2 points for each one bcuz you arent commander(as soon as you resign re-apply just dont hit accept, do it after arty is done).
HeTZeR
+0|6672

iceman785 wrote:

Check this out! Okay pretend you are commander and you call an arty strike, right when you call it resign. Doing this makes every arty kill count as a kill and you get 2 points for each one bcuz you arent commander(as soon as you resign re-apply just dont hit accept, do it after arty is done).
From what i know this was removed in the 1.12 patch

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard