Shiffdaddy
+73|6340

redilS wrote:

Open console, type 'SettingsManager.boolSet GSUseLatencyCompensation 1' and hit return
lol ok
Shiffdaddy
+73|6340

redilS wrote:

Open console, type 'SettingsManager.boolSet GSUseLatencyCompensation 1' and hit return
When i type that in says 'error: unknown object or command'  I typed it in Letter for letter with capitals. Checked it 3 times so i know i copied it perfectly...
redilS
+1|6304
Please check again   I'm pretty sure you mistyped the SettingsManager.boolSet command. Only a invalid command will result in 'error: unknown object or command'.

Last edited by redilS (2007-03-29 00:55:40)

Shiffdaddy
+73|6340
Ahh, ok it worked.  Do you have to turn on anything for interpolation or extrapolation time, or are they already set?
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6659
tried every one of your 'solutions': no difference
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
BuLLeTz
+2|6527|Texas
i dont see a difference with SettingsManager.U32Set GSInterpolationTime <400>
BL4CKL10N
+66|6289
guys u need a fast cpu and a high end video card in order to perform these actions. These settings are mostly manged by the client side, meaning that if your pc sux, u can't do a shit with tweakin.

Get a pc and a good connection, this will do it without tweaking
BlackHawkOo
+2|6245
I would love to see someone from dice give an explanation about this issue.
for me, I stick with the default values, I believe it's just placebo effect.
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6656

BlackHawkOo wrote:

I would love to see someone from dice give an explanation about this issue.
for me, I stick with the default values, I believe it's just placebo effect.
No, by tweaking it also makes you a lot harder to kill because your bullets tend to hit dust.
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6334

I'm glad I found this thread. I'll have to do this tomorrow (prob tonight cause I dont like school work) sometime.
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6659|pimelteror.de

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

I think the line:

Code:

SettingsManager.stringSet GSPlayerName "[pt] KEIOS"
should give even the dimmest of lights a clue that these are not all server-side settings...
i r teh serverz
Airwolf
Latter Alcoholic
+287|6726|Scotland

SargeV1.4 wrote:

You got placebo'd
r00ts
xD
+81|6549|Netherlands

[E.F.L]Airwolf wrote:

SargeV1.4 wrote:

You got placebo'd
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6704

[E.F.L]Airwolf wrote:

SargeV1.4 wrote:

You got placebo'd
This is OrangeHound's doing! And if it's not...Then I just made a retard of myself in front of hundreds.

Last edited by PspRpg-7 (2007-05-11 00:40:31)

1s1k_hellspawn
+5|6207|in the woods of maine

basetballjones wrote:

Fuck!  The secret is out. 

I've been using these config changes for months, and they work like a charm.

Have fun guys, BF2 is about to get really hard.
like it wasnt already lol
Achilles13
+0|6188
hey, what message would you get if you did the command rite in the game, cause ive tried enetering in the game
SettingsManager.U32Set GSInterpolationTime <400> but i dno if it works, so what message r u ment 2 get if it works, oh btw capitals dnt show up in the console
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6659|pimelteror.de

[E.F.L]Airwolf wrote:

SargeV1.4 wrote:

You got placebo'd
proof?
Danorge
+7|6164|Denmark // 69! Az
hmm dont seems to work or i'm just plain dumb
Tripulaci0n
+14|6163

[pt] KEIOS wrote:

[E.F.L]Airwolf wrote:

SargeV1.4 wrote:

You got placebo'd
proof?
I think you have to set the "ExtrapolateFrame" Setting to 1 for the ExtrapolationTime setting to have any effect.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6659
I edited it to restore the latencycompensation command, which does make a somewhat consistent difference for infantry. For Interpolationtime and anything else, nobody knows.
182|dunc
+4|6286|manchester UK
Altering the interpolation setting from 100 to 400 is forcing your pc to draw the enemy you are seeing on your screen  where he was  3/10 of a second ago(relative to the default settings),this is allowing the laggy hit boxes to catch up to where they should be.
This should make moving targets easier to hit and have very little effect on stationary targets.
As this is only effecting what you are seeing on your own pc i cant believe that realigning the hit boxes with the drawn target is giving you an unfair advantage.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6659

182|dunc wrote:

Altering the interpolation setting from 100 to 400 is forcing your pc to draw the enemy you are seeing on your screen  where he was  3/10 of a second ago(relative to the default settings),this is allowing the laggy hit boxes to catch up to where they should be.
This should make moving targets easier to hit and have very little effect on stationary targets.
As this is only effecting what you are seeing on your own pc i cant believe that realigning the hit boxes with the drawn target is giving you an unfair advantage.
Thanks, but how do you know this?
182|dunc
+4|6286|manchester UK
As im sure you understand interpolation is predicting events in the future from what has happened in the past and is happening in the present and so filling in any gaps caused by packet loss to ensure smooth gameplay.
Now to acheive what seems like realtime gameplay the server runs every client slightly in the past and interpolates more than you would expect (the easiest way to see this is to have 2 PCs next to each other connected to the same public server and watch 2 slightly different games).
According to a programmer friend of mine ,most of the user settings are to do with compensating for the different capabilities and pings of all the different PCs trying to use any given server.
He usually talkes in language that goes right over my head but managed to convey to me that the interpolation setting is altering the position on the client server timeline to compensate for the proccesing ability of slower PC's/Modems(gives extra milliseconds to catch up).
So altering your setting to 400 is moving what you see back in time and the server compensates accordingly,as i said before this lets the hit boxes catch up as your PC is running bf2 in realtime (0 millisecond compensation).
I hope this helps
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6659

182|dunc wrote:

As im sure you understand interpolation is predicting events in the future from what has happened in the past and is happening in the present and so filling in any gaps caused by packet loss to ensure smooth gameplay.
I read it up to here and couldnt help but post already - INTERPOLATION is deducing a point between two known points. EXTRAPOLATION is predicting the future by looking at patterns in the past.

Now to acheive what seems like realtime gameplay the server runs every client slightly in the past and interpolates more than you would expect (the easiest way to see this is to have 2 PCs next to each other connected to the same public server and watch 2 slightly different games).
According to a programmer friend of mine ,most of the user settings are to do with compensating for the different capabilities and pings of all the different PCs trying to use any given server.
He usually talkes in language that goes right over my head but managed to convey to me that the interpolation setting is altering the position on the client server timeline to compensate for the proccesing ability of slower PC's/Modems(gives extra milliseconds to catch up).
So altering your setting to 400 is moving what you see back in time and the server compensates accordingly,as i said before this lets the hit boxes catch up as your PC is running bf2 in realtime (0 millisecond compensation).
I hope this helps
so that doesnt make any sense at all.
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6204|Winland

It works!!! God dammit it works!!!! I put the first value to 50 and the second to 70. I can shoot a chopper IN THE COCKPIT and still hit!!! THANK YOU SARGE!!!

EDIT: Yay page 10

Last edited by Freezer7Pro (2007-07-10 16:56:41)

The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard