maxxximilian
+3|6174|Estonia
Hi,
we running 32 slot Gator/Mass/Surge server with vehicles and you're all welcome:

https://www.game-monitor.com/server-stat-image/0/FFFFFF/000000/0000FF/000000/89.234.10.147:16567.png
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6756|Bulgaria
that's great, but why Iron Gator?????
I need the Rebels awards, so I will have your server in mind!
AmbassadorofPain
+34|6627|Devil's Perch
Hm, UK-based. Could be interesting. Is that 32 slots on 64 player size maps? (because that would suck and be terribly boring)
Proud member of a dead community.
maxxximilian
+3|6174|Estonia
Iron Gator because we like a lot Infantry wars inside the ship and yes 64 player maps because Mass and Surge don't have choppers on both side on 32 player maps.
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6351|the land of bourbon
this server is a winner!  too bad it's too far away for me to get a good connection
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
UK|Hooligan
Seriously, fuck off.
+103|6658|"The Empire"
Hope it gets populated as this could just be my fav server, not so much surge but at the mo i just cant get enough gator and mass and its in the UK!!!!
maxxximilian
+3|6174|Estonia

steelie34 wrote:

this server is a winner!  too bad it's too far away for me to get a good connection
You can at least try - we don't have high ping kick enabled at the moment.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6536|England

This server is a winner. I will definitly be stopping by here a few times
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6193|Escea

Horray for Gator, I shall appear at some point.
FlemishHCmaniac
+147|6382|Belgium
I'll swing by as well. Surge and Gator are sweet maps! I'm kinda burnt out on Mass but I don't mind a round or two in the Hind
B-Scimitar
Defeating your warriors.
+116|6379|Espoo, Finland

M.O.A.B wrote:

Horray for Gator, I shall appear at some point.
Same here.
AmbassadorofPain
+34|6627|Devil's Perch
K. First few rounds played.
- No baserape
- No fighting commander
- 64 player Iron Gator, not 32

The server never filled up fully, we messed around with 16 to 28 and just as I expected, things turned out plain boring. The maps are too large, so you either spent the whole round chasing each other from flag to flag, or both sides bury their claws into pretty much the same piece of ground most of the time.
Considering the very low number of players, the server had an above-average share of braindeads, retards and whiners (In those few rounds I played, there were at least 3) who continuously kept whining about "campers", "lamers" and other blabla and even kept insulting pretty much everyone, from server to players and their moms, or that they were the 1337est players around and still losing - in fact, I had my first cheating accusation no 5 minutes after joining.

2 things about the rules you have there:
- I am a supporter of baseraping as it is my firm believe that any team that gets beaten back to their uncap, doesn't deserve any better. That is even more the case on maps like Surge or Mass Destruction, where it is just not possible to defend all flags effectively and so both teams should have flags most if not all of the time.
However, that is nothing that could keep me from visiting the server.
- No fighting commander is one of the most stupid rules that can be established under circumstances like these. You basically have as many players on each teams as total flags are available most of the time yet you leave the team with the choice to either give up one player capable of contributing to team success by capping, reviving, repairing, AT-ing, whatever-ing, or to give up UAV, scan, supply drop.
Yes, I know all you 1337 league players do that all of the time, but this isn't league playing.
I would recommend reconsidering that. I do agree that a commander does not belong in a chopper, but that's about it. A commander in an FAV or tank isn't necessarily blocking a valueable asset or neglecting their commander duties.

Either way, what I found most frustrating was the lack of players that led to a pretty sloppy gameplay: one assault was beaten back, then the defenders moved to a flag where they got beaten back just to find the enemy at their flag when they spawned again. I am a big fan of the chaos and confusion that dominates most populated 64 player servers, after all, there's good reason why these large maps are designed for so many players.
So, yeah, it's not a bad server, but just too boring for me. I think I might come back but only with a few buddies.

Edit: Not to forget, FF is OFF for mines which permits excellent flag defending.

Last edited by AmbassadorofPain (2007-05-03 17:46:17)

imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6739|Human Meat Shield
No fighting Commander?!?!  Hhahaha!! Holy shit.
maxxximilian
+3|6174|Estonia
OK, we consider that. Personally I think that No baserape will stay because many players will left when there is constant baserape. No fighting commander: maybe we will change it to "No flying commander".
Also, I changed Gator to 32 player map.
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6756|Bulgaria
yes, commander can command AND try to defend flags, why not??
UK|Hooligan
Seriously, fuck off.
+103|6658|"The Empire"

maxxximilian wrote:

OK, we consider that. Personally I think that No baserape will stay because many players will left when there is constant baserape. No fighting commander: maybe we will change it to "No flying commander".
Nice to see you listen and offer to change it slightly for better gameplay, I will def join which ever night im not going out over the weekend!
AmbassadorofPain
+34|6627|Devil's Perch

maxxximilian wrote:

Glad the feedback is being read. As said, the baseraping thing is not a big deal. Chances are, most Rebels won't beat back Spetznaz on either Surge or MD and until then, both teams should be busy enough capping and defending flags. Also, I didn't see teamstacking or anything yesterday. There were several stars and winged demons (i.e. Generals and Colonels) on both teams most of the time, so that seemed to work quite well.
The "No flying commander" rule change would - IMO - definitely be likely to help both teams.

And about the Gator... it's tricky. I personally think most players join on that map, because they hunger for the rush towards the carrier / defending the carrier with SRAW and PKMs or because they thirst for blood spilt by chopper rapage. I sure hope it doesn't turn out bad, but from my experience, so much less players on 64 size Gator makes things really ugly for MEC in most cases.
maxxximilian
+3|6174|Estonia
We changed the rule for Commanders - they can now do anything exept flying.
JaggedPanther
+61|6443
I didn't see this thread but I think I was playing it this morning, mayble I'll hit it again after work here as my Friday is shot

Last edited by JaggedPanther (2007-05-04 22:58:44)

howler_27
+90|6657
Great server, had a lot of fun in there.
EreheMan
+10|6279
shame about YexYay and Agent Wizard(est) though... (both are admins I think..?)

https://i16.tinypic.com/6gnl5si.jpg

EDIT: heh, I just checked game-monitor, down to 13 players due to their raping, and 4 of those aren't even spawning.

Last edited by EreheMan (2007-05-05 13:39:26)

AmbassadorofPain
+34|6627|Devil's Perch

EreheMan wrote:

http://i16.tinypic.com/6gnl5si.jpg

EDIT: heh, I just checked game-monitor, down to 13 players due to their raping, and 4 of those aren't even spawning.
Hey, I played with you on the initial day of that server.

That story confirms pretty much my expectations of what's going to happen on a 64 size gator with significantly less players.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6536|England

AmbassadorofPain wrote:

EreheMan wrote:

http://i16.tinypic.com/6gnl5si.jpg

Hey, I played with you on the initial day of that server.

That story confirms pretty much my expectations of what's going to happen on a 64 size gator with significantly less players.
Depends on if the teams are stacked and how experienced the players are on the map. Although if the Apache crew consistently TV the HIND and Mi-17 on the helipads then people do start to leave as the Tunguska wont be able to take it out.

When I used to play on Workaholics 24/7 Gator, the MECSF won about 75% of the rounds. There weren't many rounds where they didnt get to the carrier in fact. Its just retards who dont know how to take over the deck of the ship with the HIND. All they wana do is rape some infantry and hope they survive. Twats.
AmbassadorofPain
+34|6627|Devil's Perch

Snake wrote:

Depends on if the teams are stacked and how experienced the players are on the map.
Totally true of course, but it's also a matter of how fast people load in. If the Apache is already over at the MEC chopper spawn before anyone on their team has even spawned, it's quite likely getting dirty, no matter how experienced MEC team is.

Snake wrote:

Its just retards who dont know how to take over the deck of the ship with the HIND. All they wana do is rape some infantry and hope they survive. Twats.
Again, totally agreed. Some people just lack even the smallest bit of strategical thinking.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6536|England

AmbassadorofPain wrote:

Snake wrote:

Depends on if the teams are stacked and how experienced the players are on the map.
Totally true of course, but it's also a matter of how fast people load in. If the Apache is already over at the MEC chopper spawn before anyone on their team has even spawned, it's quite likely getting dirty, no matter how experienced MEC team is.
Thats true. But an AT rocket should send that bugger packing
Theres a Tunguska and two IGLA sites on the island anyway. Just spawn next to the beach and put a rocket into that bastard. If he sticks around a second hit will finish it. If not, he'll be going back to his carrier and thats when you should get the IGLA's on his ass.

If you know anything about Gator, you will know that the Seals can only keep the MECSF off of the ship by keeping the Apache and the Essex manned and running at all times (and troops guarding the boat bay and control tower entrances). By raping the uncap with the Apache just invites the MECSF to kill it and allow their HIND to dominate the Viewing Deck CP - effectively keeping the "wannabe uncap rapers" out of the air and leaving the Seals totally fucked.

AmbassadorofPain wrote:

Snake wrote:

Its just retards who dont know how to take over the deck of the ship with the HIND. All they wana do is rape some infantry and hope they survive. Twats.
Again, totally agreed. Some people just lack even the smallest bit of strategical thinking.
Again, I totally agree with you too
People prefer to spawnrape and get 100points and lose, than to end up with 50points and win a round. Theres no incentive to win (other than the commander) and I think that that is part of the problem.
Although that would invite team stacking...and it goes on.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard