Mitch92uK
aka [DBS]Mitch92uK
+192|6247|United Kingdom
hey guys

since just last night me and another friend of mine (who's now sorted it) have been experiencing random lock-ups in 2142. We've changed nothing and after he deleted his 2142 folder in my docs and reinstalled his gfx drivers his problem is sorted. I have done the same however these "lockups" continue.

any ideas please guys?

Karma for help

mitch
Hacial
404 - Not Found
+107|6631
What do you mean by "lockup"?
Mitch92uK
aka [DBS]Mitch92uK
+192|6247|United Kingdom
np, i sorted it by a total reinstall
cableguy619
+1|6427|San Diego
locks upas in game locks up and locks up the pc...
cospengle
+140|6499|Armidale, NSW, Australia
Yeah, locks up as in locks up! Can't ctrl+alt+del or anything (have to use reset botton). I get that too. And there's a repeating noise that sounds like a chaingun firing.

I reinstalled and still the same thing. Then someone told me to turn down my graphics, which may/may not have helped since I couldn't bare playing on low settings after spending $2400 on a new PC.

I'm going to try reinstalling yet again, but I get the impression I'm in for 6 months of going though hell and back, as I did with BF2, to get it working properly.

Does anyone know how to check for memory leaks while playing? (I have a second screen to check on perodically - which is lucky since alt+tab makes my game crash too).
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6298|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
BF2142 alt-tabs fine for me?! i do have a rare lockup too but not often enough to bother me...
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6579|NYC / Hamburg

cospengle wrote:

Does anyone know how to check for memory leaks while playing? (I have a second screen to check on perodically - which is lucky since alt+tab makes my game crash too).
Just have task manager open on your second screen. IF your mem usage goes way up, you have a mem leak. I get huge mem leaks on my laptop, before the PC crashed it was at 5.5GB (2 GB ram + 3.5 page file)
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Tetn1s
+59|6654|Los Angeles
i got these lock-ups before... try this... this will rollback your driver.

Start->My Computer->right click and press properties-> on the top press hardware->device manager->display drivers->click on your display driver(should be towards the top)->driver->rollback driver

hope that helps( you can reset your driver back to where it was by upgrading doing the same thing cept you hit upgrade driver)

Last edited by Ned_Z (2007-05-07 12:40:28)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard