G3|Genius
Pope of BF2s
+355|6635|Sea to globally-cooled sea
Pest Patrol
Cookie.VXT
Bringer Of Cookies.
+178|6445|UK
NOD32 4tw

did use kaspersky, but i found nod32 to better suit me.

best av nod IMO.
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6398|New York
Other, Sophos.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
The Stillhouse Kid
Licensed Televulcanologist
+126|6651|Deep In The South Of Texas
Either Avast! or AVG. I used to run Avast! but last time I reformatted I installed AVG just for kicks. Both are very good and free.
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6478

No "other" option...?
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
Ottomania
Troll has returned.
+62|6530|Istanbul-Turkey
deepfreeze
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6765|Scotland

NooBesT[FiN] wrote:

No "other" option...?
There was no space. Just give the other option, like the post above you.
Yaocelotl
:D
+221|6659|Keyboard
None, I use ubuntu .
=Karma-Kills=
"Don't post while intoxicated."
+356|6594|England
NOD32 is technically the best, that is generally undisputed once you know what your talking about with AV.

I use Kaspersky though cos its a nice all-in-one solution, will be switching to the Eset Smart Secuity suite though once it goes final

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18
EvilMonkeySlayer
+82|6661
AVG Pro at home and I just bought AVG Network Edition for work (workstations only, use different av for the mail server) and it cost £240 (15 users, 2 years sub). Pretty much all av software is overpriced.

I'm amazed at just how many people use Norton, but I guess it's because they bundle it with just about all store bought pc's that people see it as anti-virus software and they see no reason to change.. no matter how much of a stinking turd it is.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6574|Area 51
I have CA Security Center?
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6765|Scotland

EvilMonkeySlayer wrote:

AVG Pro at home and I just bought AVG Network Edition for work (workstations only, use different av for the mail server) and it cost £240 (15 users, 2 years sub). Pretty much all av software is overpriced.

I'm amazed at just how many people use Norton, but I guess it's because they bundle it with just about all store bought pc's that people see it as anti-virus software and they see no reason to change.. no matter how much of a stinking turd it is.
I am as well. It is incredibly at how many users think Norton is even an average anti virus product.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6658

Zimmer wrote:

KILLSWITCH wrote:

Bullguard.

Anyone who uses Graham Norton should uninstall now.
I hate Norton. It never EVER uninstalls right. They always keep some shit on your hard drive, running silently. Then when you use a program it doesnt like, it pops up again. I had to re-format my hard drive to get rid of it. Such a shit program.
Considering that you were talking about yourself being an 'advanced user', I find it highly amusing you had to reformat to get rid of it.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6765|Scotland

ghettoperson wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

KILLSWITCH wrote:

Bullguard.

Anyone who uses Graham Norton should uninstall now.
I hate Norton. It never EVER uninstalls right. They always keep some shit on your hard drive, running silently. Then when you use a program it doesnt like, it pops up again. I had to re-format my hard drive to get rid of it. Such a shit program.
Considering that you were talking about yourself being an 'advanced user', I find it highly amusing you had to reformat to get rid of it.
lol. No. I reformatted for several other reasons. That being one of them. Other ones because my hard drive was corrupt and it was getting real ugly. Also because I wanted 2 clean installs of XP and Vista.
jsnipy
+3,276|6532|...

corporate symantec ... free (4me) and with no dumb shit
Noobpatty
ʎʇʇɐdqoou
+194|6363|West NY
Avast= Pwnage
1. Free, not trial like my Dad's workpeople installed
2. Detected FOUR viruses AVG DIDN'T
3. Very User Friendly
Rickard.Jarl-
+7|6228|Sweden, Norrbotten, Luleå.
avast antivirus, before i had the AVG but then i scanned my computer with the avast and it found 2 virus wich the AVG didnt find
stunt-shepherd
howay-the-lads
+8|6272
norton for me
Chodda
+67|6743
the best ive seen is VBA

http://www.anti-virus.by/en/
ReTox
+100|6508|State of RETOXification
I tell all my clients and friends who want a free AV package to get Avast.  It's a hog but it does a great job of protecting people who aren't overly tech savvy. 

For the none techno-peasant I recomend trying the demos of all of them and buying what you like the best.  Which for me is NOD32.
Ryan
+1,230|6852|Alberta, Canada

I am using CA Anti-Virus.

Seems pretty good, except it's a bugger when it comes to scheduled scans. Tardy like a grade 3'er.
znozer
Viking fool - Crazy SWE
+162|6554|Sverige (SWE)
Symantec   No problems....
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6577|NYC / Hamburg

NOD32 is great. No point repeating everything. Zimmer took the words out of my mouth
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6629|Mhz

F-Secure Internet Security for me, havn't had anything get on my PC yet, I even tried to get the damn thing infected lol, though to be fair nothing made it past the firewall so the anti-virus never actually did anything

As far as standalone AV goes NOD32 is probabaly the best.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard