blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6615
Chilean doctors say a 266 pound man who was shot in the stomach was saved by his rolls of fat.

They say the bullet lodged in the man's fat and did not damage any vital organs. A thinner person would have been killed immediately.

A hospital spokesperson in Santiago says the man's thick layer of fat acted in the same way as a bulletproof vest, taking the impact of the shot.

La Cuarta newspaper reports Omar Alegria Campos, who's 33, was driving his bus in the San Bernardo area of Santiago when an armed man got on and started robbing passengers.

Alegria stopped the bus and switched on his emergency lights to alert the police. He then tried to grab the man's weapon.

The attacker fired twice. The first bullet smashed the windscreen and the second lodged in the bus driver's stomach.

Despite the wound, Alegria managed to throw himself on top of the robber, stopping him from escaping.

A passing police patrol arrested the 29-year-old attacker. They also took Alegria to El Pino Hospital, where doctors extracted the bullet and sewed up the wound.

http://madreporter.blogspot.com/2007/04 … omach.html
Yaocelotl
:D
+221|6620|Keyboard
Damn hitboxes. In what server was that?
DrunkenResistance
beat mason
+13|6190|Bloomington, Indiana

Yaocelotl wrote:

HAHA
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6364|The Gem Saloon
i wonder what type of firearm he was using....
CoronadoSEAL
pics or it didn't happen
+207|6488|USA
i'd rather be fit and take my chances...
Fenix14
scout rush kekeke ^___^
+116|6527|Brisbane, Aus

he might later have a stress educed heart attack from the ordeal though.. so i wouldn't recommend our soldiers chow down to save money on kevlar
TheDarkRaven
ATG's First Disciple
+263|6594|Birmingham, UK
It's actually impossible - my guess is that the bullet's velocity was already hampered by some other force. No doubt, however, that a thinner person may have died - but don't go getting fat for this protection. By the time you are bullet-proof, you will have died from the weight you have put on (high amounts of fat etc.)!
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6364|The Gem Saloon

TheDarkRaven wrote:

It's actually impossible - my guess is that the bullet's velocity was already hampered by some other force. No doubt, however, that a thinner person may have died - but don't go getting fat for this protection. By the time you are bullet-proof, you will have died from the weight you have put on (high amounts of fat etc.)!
the article even says the bullets passed through the windshield of the bus. i dont know about the rest of the world, but here in the us we have kevlar in our windshields as a safety precaution to prevent the windows from shattering. so of course the hydro-static shock was minimal by the time it embedded itself into his gut.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6464|N. Ireland
Sucks to be him, fat and got shot. I'd rather be skinny, then I would of walked slightly quicker because I have less weight to carry, and the gunman would of hit someone else and not me because I was half way down the next street.
GodFather
Blademaster's bottom bitch
+387|6190|Phoenix, AZ
Fucking laggers... lol now i know why no one dies when I shoot them.... *takes bite outta Big Mac*     Now I know how to get the advantage! ^^
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6643|Colorado
Blubber FTW! He should get a special badge for that.
Milk.org
Bringing Sexy Back
+270|6746|UK

Yaocelotl wrote:

ROFL! Tried to +1 you but already done it for something else funny you probably said.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6737|UK

CoronadoSEAL wrote:

i'd rather be fit and take my chances...
Exactly.

Parker wrote:

TheDarkRaven wrote:

the article even says the bullets passed through the windshield of the bus. i dont know about the rest of the world, but here in the us we have kevlar in our windshields as a safety precaution to prevent the windows from shattering. so of course the hydro-static shock was minimal by the time it embedded itself into his gut.
Your getting it wrong, the guy fired TWO bullets, one went out the wind shield, the other into the fat man.

Last edited by Vilham (2007-05-04 07:30:02)

Bernadictus
+1,055|6707

Despite the wound, Alegria managed to throw himself on top of the robber, stopping him from escaping.
That, I find, the most beautifull part of the story.
splixx
ChupaCABRA
+53|6709|Omaha, Nebraska
Makes me want to hit a Burger King right now.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6591|London, England
It was probably a pistol. When you think about it, alot of things can stop a pistol bullet, they usually go slower than the speed of sound, which is pretty slow. It wouldn't be surprising if a hunk of fat stopped one.

There's the science for you. Simply not enough pressure to go far enough.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard