JimmyBotswana
+82|6597|Montreal
Well I have a ranked server, and I have no idea what to play on it.

Seeing as how I am an anarchist and believe in direct democracy, I am opening up this thread to comments and suggestions as to what you would like to see in a server.

Titan, Conquest, or a mix of both?

Northern Strike? If so, which maps?

Camp Gibraltar, Suez Canal, or both?

Big maps, small maps, or a mix. If a mix, a mix of what exactly?

Please specify for each map what size you like best, like if you like Tunis do you like 16 player or 32?

How many max players should be allowed on the server?

What are your favorite maps and what are your least favorite maps?

What do you like to do in game? Ground pound, fly, drive a tank, drive a walker, or a little of everything. What maps do you like to play to do these things best?

How many rounds per map?

Should the teams switch every time or should you always stay on the same team to preserve your squad?

Please try and be as detailed as possible in your answers so that I can get the best idea of what everyone wants.

Please understand I cannot please everyone. That is democracy for you. But I will try and protect the will of the minority against the majority while giving the majority what it wants as much as possible.

I will be calling this "The People's Server" (seriously) and in a few days after I have received enough responses I will post the info with the IP address and everything else once it is set up. Thanks for your participation guys. Hopefully we can make this one of the best servers in the 2142 universe.

P.S: Please note the server is not this one, SUEZ/SHUHIA 24/7 in my sig. It is a separate one. SUEZ/SHUHIA is my baby, the reason I got a server in the first place, and "The People's Server" will be completely separate.
Volatile
+252|6716|Sextupling in Empire

I would vote for northern strike assault lines, that is, if I still played the game.
AmbassadorofPain
+34|6669|Devil's Perch

Volatile_Squirrel wrote:

I would vote for northern strike assault lines, that is, if I still played the game.
AOL.
Proud member of a dead community.
Sambuccashake
+126|6622|Sweden
* Cerbere, Gibraltar, Tunis, Belgrade
* 48 players
* 2-4 rounds per map (swap teams after each round)
* Active admins
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6722|Sweden
Cerbere, Suez, Tunis, Minsk, Gibraltar, Verdun 40 players.

And as Sam said active admins, teamswitching after each round 2 rounds would be enough.
Bernadictus
+1,055|6749

Verdun 24/7.
.robzored.
Roflcopter Pilot
+74|6288|Illinois
I would probably run a mix of all the titan maps, but i would probably also kick people randomly just because i feel like it.
Thoruz
+42|6338|Germany
all maps titan conquest + northern strike titan and assault lines again all maps
48 players teamswitch after each round

rules:
no hacking cheating padding glitching
baserape allowed
join or create squads
commander do your job

and most important! FF On
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6505|N. Ireland
Pk
madmurre
+117|6722|Sweden

Thoruz wrote:

baserape allowed
Imo a terrible rule it will drive people away from a server and the genral bs response learn to play you deserve to be baseraped is old even if you deserve to be baseraped it´s a good rule to empty a server and make people never come back. I never found a joy to baserape myself when it occurs it´s so fcking boring i rather teamwitch after a while or go find another server. just my thoughts.

FF Off is crap as well although i get the feeling it´s 50-50 out there who wants it on o that´s a open one i guess.

Edit mixed up on/off ^ Edit2: Still not sure which is it on or off to put it simple i want to be able to hurt my teammates.

Last edited by madmurre (2007-05-04 07:09:49)

Hacial
404 - Not Found
+107|6631
*Conquest
*2 rounds per map
*After a round randomize teams (because switching teams will not help if the teams are stacked)
*48 size
*FF off
*Maps: Tunis Harbor, Camp Gibraltar, Fall of Berlin, Cerbere Landing, Port Bavaria, Liberation of Leipzig.

Last edited by Hacial (2007-05-04 05:19:53)

kylef
Gone
+1,352|6505|N. Ireland

madmurre wrote:

Thoruz wrote:

baserape allowed
Imo a terrible rule it will drive people away from a server and the genral bs response learn to play you deserve to be baseraped is old even if you deserve to be baseraped it´s a good rule to empty a server and make people never come back. I never found a joy to baserape myself when it occurs it´s so fcking boring i rather teamwitch after a while or go find another server. just my thoughts.

FF On is crap as well although i get the feeling it´s 50-50 out there who wants it on o that´s a open one i guess.
yes because in real life war baseraping doesn't exist and ff isn't on
madmurre
+117|6722|Sweden

leetkyle wrote:

madmurre wrote:

Thoruz wrote:

baserape allowed

FF On is crap as well although i get the feeling it´s 50-50 out there who wants it on o that´s a open one i guess.
It´s a game it´s supposed to be fun sure if you enjoy baseraping stick to it i don´t care just my thoughts.
jord
+2,382|6690|The North, beyond the wall.

madmurre wrote:

leetkyle wrote:

madmurre wrote:

It´s a game it´s supposed to be fun sure if you enjoy baseraping stick to it i don´t care just my thoughts.
Titan mode caters for people like you.

You can't die behind it's shields, so you can have a whale of a time!
madmurre
+117|6722|Sweden
No thanks i dislike titan-mode i rather stick to well admined servers with rules i enjoy
jord
+2,382|6690|The North, beyond the wall.

madmurre wrote:

No thanks i dislike titan-mode i rather stick to well admined servers with rules i enjoy
Fine but don't go moaning when you die because you don't have a big shield to protect you.
madmurre
+117|6722|Sweden

jord wrote:

madmurre wrote:

Fine but don't go moaning when you die because you don't have a big shield to protect you.
So not agreing with you equals to moaning? and no i never "moan" i rather quit if i´m not enjoying my game and do something else.
Buzerk1
+44|6848
Back on topic....

What I don't see much and would make sence is a server with a mix of Conquest and Assault lines.

The problem with Titan and Conquest mix is, people get in the server expecting one or the other and I soon as the server hit Titan mod, people who like conquest just leave.

Conquest and Assault lines are closer in term of how they are played, there is a mix of city and large map in both.

The downfall is not everyone have NS.

As most server are doing, you play the same map twice and you rotate teams.

Autobalance should be ON.

FF should be ON as well.

Last edited by Buzerk1 (2007-05-04 06:42:34)

Thoruz
+42|6338|Germany

madmurre wrote:

Thoruz wrote:

baserape allowed
well to make it clear i didn't want to say that you should tell them to baserape

it happens and i sometimes leave the server even when i'm on the raping team (when i'm in the mood i rape or fight back depending on the side)
but i meant it shouldn't be forbidden you can ignore the "baseraping allowed" in my post

don't tell them it's allowed but don't kick them if they do just let them play their way (if they have fun baseraping let them they bought the game just like everyone else and can theoretically do whatever they want ingame as long as they are not hacking padding and so on)

being pushed back so far that baseraping is possible has mainly 2 reasons i think
first: 75% or more of your teammates don't know what basic teamwork is
second: 75% or more of the enemy team knows what basic teamwork is
sometimes even both

you can still leave the server if you don't like it or try to fight back (which i doubt because (that's just an assumption now) you care too much about your precious stats)

Buzerk1 wrote:

Back on topic....

What I don't see much and would make sence is a server with a mix of Conquest and Assault lines.

The problem with Titan and Conquest mix is, people get in the server expecting one or the other and I soon as the server hit Titan mod, people who like conquest just leave.

Conquest and Assault lines are closer in term of how they are played, there is a mix of city and large map in both.

The downfall is not everyone have NS.

As most server are doing, you play the same map twice and you rotate teams.

Autobalance should be ON.

FF should be ON as well.
well then just vanilla 2142 with all maps titan and conquest so anybody can play
i just hate servers that are playing only 2 or 3 maps all the time

Last edited by Thoruz (2007-05-04 07:37:35)

Marlboroman82
Personal philosophy: Clothing optional.
+1,022|6635|Camp XRay

i would pad on it
https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l250/marlboroman82/Untitled-8.png
Bernadictus
+1,055|6749

Marlboroman82 wrote:

i would pad on it
I would join!
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6754|London

Marlboroman82 wrote:

i would pad on it
+ abuse admin, we really should get another server for top.
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
DerGraueWolf
aka Nekrodamus
+52|6744|Germany, near Koblenz
If I had a ranked server I probably would

- not identify myself as the admin, but would clearly state that this server is under control

- switch FF off to distract those TK idiots (allthough I prefer the more realistic way)

- not allow pings over 80

- ask the players to play hard but behave like sportsmen (for example base raping or spawn killing is noob style, but stealing vehicles or waiting for enemies leaving the uncap area is o.k.) 

- never mix game modes but fixed times for the different modes would be possible

- cycle through the more exotic maps (nobody needs another 24/7 Gibraltar)

- have it two rounds per map with automatic team switch (autobalance on of course)

- run large maps only with a medium number of players (about 40)
Afrika_18
+26|6554
I'd run all the maps, 2 rounds on each, ff on, no rules, anything goes, swearing, racism and tking allowed, smaktardism encouraged.  I'd be the only admin and I'd kick people for the sheer enjoyment of it (especially people who are doing better than me).
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6480
48 slots.

Titan, conquest, and NS.

Titans are not static but you can't move them to much

FF is off so as you won't get banned because you were a good teamplayer and got RDX on the core only to kill the idiots shooting it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard