SuperSlowYo
slow as you go
+124|6560|Canaduhhh.. West Toast
lots of cellphones fuck with electronics.. imagine how good it is having those things next too our heads all day... yay im gonna be a daddy, proud father of my own lil brain tumor... i grew it myself ;-)
Skorpy-chan
+127|6345|Twyford, UK
That's the mobile signal resonating with the electromagnets in the speakers. Turn the sound off or seperate the two, and it'll clear up.

And all you get is crackling? I get a distinct skipping bleep pattern when my mobile gets near speakers.
As well as SERIOUS interference around other mobiles.
Donald O' Brien
+104|6704

Skorpy-chan wrote:

That's the mobile signal resonating with the electromagnets in the speakers. Turn the sound off or seperate the two, and it'll clear up.

And all you get is crackling? I get a distinct skipping bleep pattern when my mobile gets near speakers.
Sorry, I should have mentioned that.  It's the exact same pattern every time her phone is about to ring, it's very distinct.
bonedoc69
+36|6411|Eugene, Oregon U.S.A.
It's a sign that your computer is going to blow! Quick throw it as far as you can and run like HELL!!!!!!!!
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6630|Washington, DC

Again, it might just be the speakers. I don't remember the exact term for it, but I believe it's the same reason that back in the day computer manufacturers recommended to keep speakers away from the monitors since it might cause either speaker interference or monitor interference.
Skorpy-chan
+127|6345|Twyford, UK

Donald O' Brien wrote:

Skorpy-chan wrote:

Sorry, I should have mentioned that.  It's the exact same pattern every time her phone is about to ring, it's very distinct.
Yeah, that's the signal. Don't put the phone near the speaker.

Of course, the other way is to install a faraday cage in the room, so that a mobile signal can't get through. I think 3cm (roughly an inch? not sure. Damn imperial system.) is about the right size for it.

Last edited by Skorpy-chan (2007-05-03 17:39:37)

-101-InvaderZim
+42|6844|Waikato, Aotearoa
I dont get interference when my cellphone rings next to my speakers. Guess I must be lucky
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6439|King Of The Islands

-101-InvaderZim wrote:

I dont get interference when my cellphone rings next to my speakers. Guess I must be lucky
CDMA?
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
Milk.org
Bringing Sexy Back
+270|6776|UK
Happens with TV's, Radio's and Speakers etc can't stop it. I know the noise you mean, you can hear it on Radio 1 when Chris Moyles uses his phone in the studio etc.
Cheez

Milk.org wrote:

Happens with TV's, Radio's and Speakers etc can't stop it. I know the noise you mean, you can hear it on Radio 1 when Chris Moyles uses his phone in the studio etc.
I believe the term is

"Dook-dookdadook-dookdadook-dookdadook"

Well that's the onomatopoeia I'd use.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6766|UK
Happens on my desktop too. Its good, early warning if ur bout to be phoned.
Milk.org
Bringing Sexy Back
+270|6776|UK

Cheez wrote:

Milk.org wrote:

I believe the term is

"Dook-dookdadook-dookdadook-dookdadook"

Well that's the onomatopoeia I'd use.
Sounds more like something out of Team America lol
GodFather
Blademaster's bottom bitch
+387|6220|Phoenix, AZ
heh, damn interference, sometimes when i turn my fan or light off my speakers POP (audigy pro fatal1ty) and my Line 6 amp makes a POP sound too, thats not good is it?

Last edited by GodFather (2007-05-03 23:54:00)

Cheez

GodFather wrote:

heh, damn interference, sometimes when i turn my fan or light off my speakers POP (audigy pro fatal1ty) and my Line 6 amp makes a POP sound too, thats not good is it?
I think that's just a "Out of power! Noes!" noise. Most seem to do it (don't they?)...
ghettoperson
+1,943|6649

GodFather wrote:

It's not exactly bad. Amps to it a lot. When my bands playing and someones phone rings, we always hear it through the amps a few seconds before the phone goes.
~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6322|Orrstrayleea

_1_man-army.19 wrote:

Donald O' Brien wrote:

_1_man-army.19 wrote:

does it with all cell phones.. just turn speaker off :]
I'm not sure about that, because my phone doesn't seem to affect her speakers.  I have a Motorola V262.
hmm.. i got blackberry it affects mine ;/
It does it with my Nokia 6111 it does it in the car aswell so.......????
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6526|Singapore
my nokia 6280 makes the speakers go buzz when i receive an message or phone call when i play in the lan shop and put my phone in front of the monitor....

but not for my PC at home..
Nessie09
I "fix" things
+107|6670|The Netherlands
Interference is fun. I always put my cellphone under my CRT monitor so i can see some patterns when I get called
Skorpy-chan
+127|6345|Twyford, UK
CRT monitors and magnets are fun. A wonderful illustration of field effects when you hold a bar magnet against one.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6445|The Land of Scott Walker
I have 5.1 speakers I bought in 2002 and my Motorola flip phone interfered with them.
jamesb
Joined BF2s in November 2005
+133|6724|Doncaster, England
It's your phone answering to say it's switched on.
That's how you get a different massage when they are off.
If it doesn't answer, the massage says unavailable, if it's off, it says it's switched off.

That's how the aerials and stands work that have the flashing lights, they always flash before it rings.
tupla_s
+455|6592|Finland

Hurricane wrote:

Again, it might just be the speakers. I don't remember the exact term for it, but I believe it's the same reason that back in the day computer manufacturers recommended to keep speakers away from the monitors since it might cause either speaker interference or monitor interference.
The term is "electromagnetic interference". All electric device should be protected against them and they shouldn't send them much, so they wouldn't interfere with each other, but you cant prevent them completely.

Last edited by tupla_s (2007-05-04 14:55:07)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard