+1,928|6758|Argentina
Ganko_06
Laughter with an S
+167|6645|Camoran's Paradise
BitTorrent FTW!
Excellent series by the way.
drug_dealer111
+44|6562|Team America!!!
I thought you were about to said "get laid" instead of a dvd collection...meh looks fun to me?
Home
Section.80
+447|6848|Seattle, Washington, USA

I watched all of them on HDTV. Waaay cooler than I expected it to be.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6631|Washington, DC

lol, DVD

Only worth it IMO in HD.
Home
Section.80
+447|6848|Seattle, Washington, USA

Hurricane wrote:

lol, DVD

Only worth it IMO in HD.
Oh, yeah, I didn't even notice that. Don't buy it unless it's HD DVD.
The#1Spot
+105|6540|byah
Found a torrent of it and wow 22gigs for 5 dvds. That would be the most educational data i have ever had on my computer.
Kaosdad
Whisky Tango Foxtrot?
+201|6680|Broadlands, VA
The first thing on TV since FireFly that wasn't a total waste of time.  Probably the only way many of us willever get to see some really neat places.

Get the HD-DVD.  In the TV program it was narrated by Sigourney Weaver.  In the DVD version you can select a real naturalist as the narrator.
siciliano732
+202|6650|New York
funny you say that...my roomates get drunk and watch that every week on the discorvery channel...lol...oh how im gonna miss college in 2 weeks.
G3|Genius
Pope of BF2s
+355|6627|Sea to globally-cooled sea
yeah...college was fun
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6762

No need to buy it.  I watch every episode in HD.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6710|England. Stoke

Kaosdad008 wrote:

The first thing on TV since FireFly that wasn't a total waste of time.  Probably the only way many of us willever get to see some really neat places.

Get the HD-DVD.  In the TV program it was narrated by Sigourney Weaver.  In the DVD version you can select a real naturalist as the narrator.
Seriuosly Signourney Weaver WTF!
You need the BBC version with David Attenbourgh who actually knows what he is talking about. A very good piece of television though.
Desolater
+13|6227|Maryland, USA
yep i have TiVO and recoreded them all in HD for a 50in TV!
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6538|Long Island, New York
I missed it.

May buy that DVD set.
HeavyMetalDave
Metal Godz
+107|6658|California
Why would I want to by that...

That's where I live...
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6631|Washington, DC

Homeschtar wrote:

Hurricane wrote:

lol, DVD

Only worth it IMO in HD.
Oh, yeah, I didn't even notice that. Don't buy it unless it's HD DVD.
Or Bluray since, you know, HD DVD is totally getting trumped by it =p
mikeyb118
Evil Overlord
+76|6599|S.C.
Got them all on dvd/hd combo
Brasso
+1,549|6631

I just got Disc 3 from Netflix.  No HD-DVD player here so it's useless.  I watch it live in HD sometimes though.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6582|SE London

Kaosdad008 wrote:

What? No it wasn't.

It was David Attenborough. The king of nature programs.

Unless there was a crappy US version made.

Blue Planet was amazing too.
SuperSlowYo
slow as you go
+124|6561|Canaduhhh.. West Toast

SuperSlowYo wrote:

basically if your gonna buy this make sure the copy you get the one that says BBC on it not Discovery Channel or youll be screwed.. if your gonna buy this movie folks i seriously suggest you buy the HD version from the link i provide.. HD is so much better lookin this series is worth spending those few extra bucks

http://www.amazon.com/Planet-Earth-Comp … amp;sr=8-2

dont be fooled notice the difference in packaging

http://shopping.discovery.com/product-65140.html
this has been discussed.. it sickened me that they took out Sir Attenborough for the Discovery Channel

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=70611&p=1

Last edited by SuperSlowYo (2007-05-03 16:39:13)

=OBS= EstebanRey
+256|6551|Oxford, England, UK, EU, Earth
What's that discovery channle logo doing on it?  Planet Earth was made by the BBC and should be narrated by David Attenbrough.  If you want it, get this version

http://www.amazon.com/Planet-Earth-Comp … amp;sr=8-1

https://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/I/51tUYCZHReL._SS500_.jpg
agent146
+127|6387|Jesus Land aka Canada
"zomg Torrents Plz!"
Roomba
You will pay the price for your lack of vision.
+26|6493|Land of Cotton
Agreed. I only watched the caves episode in HD. Totally amazing! Especially the last caves they showed. I had never seen anything in a cave like those formations. I bet the rest of the episodes were equally great. TBH, I have 57" HD TV. That probably made some impact. But the films makers are beyond talented and it shows. They tacked on some commentary at the end of that show. That was intesting, too.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard