=|[Point_Blank]|=
+0|6670
I dont know he must have just led you by a mile or something thats amazing. :0
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6767|Noizyland

I've done it once before. It was full health, (or full health-ish,) as you were, and I shot it with the main gun after raking it with machine gun bullets. It was pretty easy, it was heading straight for me getting ready for a bomb, and kind of just flew into the tank round.

Forget it. I've re-done this comment so many times after deleting both double-posts, it just keeps posting twice. Some Admin can remove one of them.

Last edited by Tyferra (2006-01-19 18:15:02)

[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
1sfg-ronln
+25|6785
when you have enough hours of play... you'll see it all...  I have taken out flying planes with an eryx.. TV missle from a  helo... took out quite a few with TVs... took out quite a few jets with just the regular missles you have as a pilot in a attack helo... done it with a tank round... i even m203ed a j10 sweeping the deck on wake island... shit happens
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6743|Chicago.

Angel.C-sq wrote:

Dont know could be a weird glitch, I have been awarded kills with guns I didnt even carry at the time.
Ive shot men with a 92FS and had it say that i shot them with an AK-101.

Ive killed men with the difribulator(sp) and had it say i killed them with an LAV-25

...............XD
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6741|Mark it zero.
yep its possible, i've done it a few times. also been shot down once.
Berserk_Vampire
Banned
+7|6680
Sure its possible but very rare ive taken down a few choppers but never a jet with a tank.

For the choppers you just gotta time you're attack and shoot before it comes into view kinda sucks though a tank shot should blow up a helicopter in one shot but oh well.
ghostgr
177th Field Artillery
+39|6733|In your head

Justinian wrote:

I've seen some pretty crazy things in BF2, and I've seen some pretty impossible stuff. But never have I seen a tank look up and blow a jet out of the sky before. Never.

There I am, flying along at 1000 mph. I spot a tank, in a second I'm over the base. In another second two 2000-lb bombs will be dropping on top of him and I will be in a tight turn to return to the carrier.

Except, in that one second interval (and that's a generous estimate for the time it takes an afterburner jet to fly over a base) the tank points up and blows me out of the sky with its main gun. Just like that. Thump ka-BOOM, I die.

It takes a pretty decent tank gunner to hit a helicopter with the main gun. But a JET? Impossible.

http://img379.imageshack.us/img379/5724/hacks9it.th.jpg

Unfortunately I didn't take the screenie  soon enough to catch the debris of my jet (it hit the ground), but just LOOK.

Is that POSSIBLE?

PS. Yeah, I know it was immature to shout 'hacks' but I was freaking shocked.
1) the speed it not mph it is in knots.
2) It is possible you just have to have the right angle to do it.
3) at whoever said that you have machine gun first to destroy a jet then fire main cannon to do it in one hit, you are wrong me and friends have tested this amany times and I and other have hit it once with main cannon and blown them clear out of sky. I don't get why it isn't same for helo but whatever.
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6698|Antarctica
I did that once, I was amazed the jet died so easily
hinesburg22
+0|6684
someone got owned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
P3R3K
+0|6672
I hit jets multiple times with the tank, but I have never shot one down that far up before. amazing.
Silverwolf3032
+0|6693
I've done it numerous times. Most the time it's some n00b flying directly at me, I throw her in reverse and shot up at the plane.
Emetchar
+0|6704
That's what I call "justice."
thinner44
+1|6802

Sh4rkb1t3 wrote:

Ouch, pwned!

In BF1942, I took out a plane with an AT rocket, ROFL.  That is truely the biggest ownage of the century.  He was flying above me, so I fired a rocket straight up, and he crashed into it... OWNED.
Now are you sure, are you sure your AT rocket wasn't too powerful and that maybe you had an unfair advantage over the jet. I only ask this because a recent post of yours suggests this game can get a bit too much for you > http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=10973
TehSeraphim
Thread Ender
+58|6716|New Hampshire
Um...

lucky shot?  I shot down a Cobra today with an M1A2...although jets are faster it's the same principle, you just need to lead your shot and be one hell of a lucky SOB.
1SFG-Hawk
+0|6678
Its happened more than once to me and ive got 283 hrs in a jet.  NOT IMPOSSIBLE!  I just laugh about it and go on to make sure i kill the guy on my next bomb drop.
stampthelamp
+0|6647
i have hit a plane with the tank before, it was completely on accident. i just shot in the air and the timing was perfect. kinda like the randy johnson pitch that made that bird explode.
47th|Knuspar
+0|6827|Denmark
(only read first page of posts ...)

however, its easily done... happens in two ways ...... where way #1 is most common

1. sucky pilot, flying in a VERY predictable path .. = easy shot from tank guy

2. descent pilot, gets hes ass icked by good tanker, cuz he files low ..

and  well .. scenario 3 is there as well ... good pilot meets über lucky tanker = pilot dies
Tcx_1
+3|6733|Alberta, Canada
I have played with that guy before, either he is the best tank shot out there or he hacks.   Because he can hit ANYTHING.
Playing tank vs tank against him, always 1 shot kill.
Heli vs tank, first shot with cannon always a hit.
Never flew a jet against him though.
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6825
I do it all the time
ozzie_johnson
+98|6650|Penrith, N.S.W, Australia
ive takin out a plane with my tank pretty easy.
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6713|Sydney, Australia
I've done it on wake before. The F35 was flying very low - straight down the barrel.

As for helicopters, I've shot down tonnes on wake. Mostly the blackhawk, but occasionally the cobera.
DuVeL
+2|6661|New Gitland, the Netherlands
I've done it several times now. It's quit easy, just shoot a bit infront of the plane, instant kill.
mycatsdied
+1|6784
I can do it with the TV, You get that pilot that wont leave you alone, and keeps making really slow passes. Have your pilot turn after he passes and and let him have it.  In fact I have killed more jets with the TV than any AA's.
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6825

mycatsdied wrote:

I can do it with the TV, You get that pilot that wont leave you alone, and keeps making really slow passes. Have your pilot turn after he passes and and let him have it.  In fact I have killed more jets with the TV than any AA's.
Who needs pilots? N00b.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6651|BC, Canada
i did it one time

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard