OpsChief
+101|6675|Southern California
The Tank's coaxial machinegun(next to the cannon) is very accurate at appropriate ranges, you need to get inside a tank and checkout the mounting system sometime. Next comparing a 120mm-130mm main gun round effects to an <80mm AT rocket is, well, two different methods of hitting, penetrating and killing targets. In the case of a tank you have a 45-70ton stable platform firing a round 2500-5000fps depending on type and the rocket is fired from an unstable base (unless vehicle mounted of course) flying at 700-1000fps or more for some bigger vehicle mounted AT missiles.

In most 64 player maps the vehicle ratio is only about 20-25% to Infantry - just form a tank-killer squad and go kill the tank. Form squads work as teams. the mission of Infantry if to Kill Tanks. The mission of tanks is to be very very scary, avoid clever fearless enemy infantrymen and kill everything that is red.

And what is a freakin tank whore? after so many years in real tanks I think I should be called, hmmm, how about a tanker? I will share MY tanks with anyone in BF2 but tubular nooberinas, i use them to grease my tracks.

go kill tanks...i dare ya,  but hey let's have fun out there ok?

Last edited by OpsChief (2006-01-19 15:51:44)

thinner44
+1|6808

Sh4rkb1t3 wrote:

thinner44 wrote:

Sh4rkb1t3 wrote:

I agree 100% with you.

The tank machine gun should be WAY less accurate and powerful, and the main cannon should have a much smaller area of effect.  .
...... and the knives are too sharp and should be replaced with feathers, and planes fly too high and should skirt along the ground, and the fact that jeeps have nasty metal bumpers that can kill if you're run over....they should be replaced by... sponge. And I hate the fact that bullets are also metal and can kill outright... If I had my way, all bullets would be made from styrofoam. ANd have you noticed the metal pins on the badges and ribbons, god they hurt when you're awarded one, pins should be replaced with glue.

Ok, would that make you and stef happy
Genuine FPS noob right here folks.  I bet the only thing he uses is the tank, because he sucks so much, he needs a huge advantage to get kills.  If the tank was balanced, he would scream and cry because he wouldn't be able to kill anyone anymore.
What a truly sad sad individual you are. Humourless to the core. Again we have someone ready and prepared to judge someone by stats. The fact that you used the word 'noob' conjours up (to me) some spotty faced oik that has had his hands on his joystick a littel too long for comfort .

This is a game, bf2 was designed to be fun, you know, fun, the kind of things we adults enjoy without having to resort to .... 'mommy the tanks too big and powerful, mommy, the jet's too fast'. Is that what it sounds like in your house.

Oh and the,  "Genuine FPS noob right here folks." , only actually appeals to likeminded people, real people, real gamers have a mind of their own. Can you see why I called you 'sad' now
Sh4rkb1t3
+6|6683

s4vior6 wrote:

Sh4rkb1t3, im not a tank whore. I take the tank when I can.

And I don't see any problems with the vehicles.

Oh, and please don't tell me to STFU. I voice my opinions, you don't have to care.
Mabey because you don't understand the concept of BALANCE in a shooter?  Or mabey you don't understand the SKILL : EFFECTIVENESS ratio.
Sh4rkb1t3
+6|6683

OpsChief wrote:

The Tank's coaxial machinegun(next to the cannon) is very accurate at appropriate ranges, you need to get inside a tank and checkout the mounting system sometime. Next comparing a 120mm-130mm main gun round effects to an <80mm AT rocket is, well, two different methods of hitting, penetrating and killing targets. In the case of a tank you have a 45-70ton stable platform firing a round 2500-5000fps depending on type and the rocket is fired from an unstable base (unless vehicle mounted of course) flying at 700-1000fps or more for some bigger vehicle mounted AT missiles.

In most 64 player maps the vehicle ratio is only about 20-25% to Infantry - just form a tank-killer squad and go kill the tank. Form squads work as teams. the mission of Infantry if to Kill Tanks. The mission of tanks is to be very very scary, avoid clever fearless enemy infantrymen and kill everything that is red.

And what is a freakin tank whore? after so many years in real tanks I think I should be called, hmmm, how about a tanker? I will share MY tanks with anyone in BF2 but tubular nooberinas, i use them to grease my tracks.

go kill tanks...i dare ya,  but hey let's have fun out there ok?
Once again.  No one gives a shit about realism - this is a damn videogame for FFS.  Its not real life.  Why make the game bad for the sake of realism?
Sh4rkb1t3
+6|6683

Berserk_Vampire wrote:

Any one who gets killed by a tank will piss and moan about being killed because they couldnt do anything.

Remember Anti tank = taking out tanks = rocket launcher
Special Ops = C4 lure the tank bye bye tank
Enginer = Anti Tank Mines = run over it bye bye tank.

Other classes = you cant do shit and no you dont get to turn into superman or the hulk and rip the tank apart deal with it.
Anti-tank:  Rockets take WAYYY to long to kill anything.  An engineer can repair a tank faster than 2 ATs can bring down its armor.  That is seriously how weak those AT rockets are.

Special Ops:  Its called third person camera.  Forget trying to sneak up on a tank, he will see you the moment you come out of cover... well atleast any competent tank whore anyway.

Engineer:  Those mines are so easy to spot, and you can just blow them up with your cannon anyway.

Which is why it is almost impossible to take out a tank.  Don't give me this teamwork bullshit...  most people don't want to co-operate, or don't speak your language.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard