Sorcerer0513
+18|6552|Outer Space

CameronPoe wrote:

TrollmeaT wrote:

Hugo Chavez needs a history lesson to see what happens when thugs try to take over business.
What happens?
CIA supports some extremists to topple the government and establish a corporation-friendly dictatorship, killing thousands of people in the process?
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6571

TrollmeaT wrote:

Hugo Chavez needs a history lesson to see what happens when thugs try to take over business.
Yeah, how dare he believe that a nation's wealth should go to it's citizens!
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6774|Dallas

Bubbalo wrote:

TrollmeaT wrote:

Yes.  I bet that is exactly where it is going to go. 

More like into Chavez's pocket and then he will spend that money in a store or something and then he will consider that "giving to the people".
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6851|Cologne, Germany

Sorcerer0513 wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

TrollmeaT wrote:

What happens?
CIA supports some extremists to topple the government and establish a corporation-friendly dictatorship, killing thousands of people in the process?
yeah, that sounds familiar...
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6571

Cougar wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

TrollmeaT wrote:

More like into Chavez's pocket and then he will spend that money in a store or something and then he will consider that "giving to the people".
Hugo Chavez is a citizen of Venezuala.  Better in his pocket than the pocket of an American CEO.
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6774|Dallas

Bubbalo wrote:

Cougar wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

Hugo Chavez is a citizen of Venezuala.  Better in his pocket than the pocket of an American CEO.
Why they gotta be American?  Why not British, Norwegian, Australian even?

Racist.
Marlboroman82
Personal philosophy: Clothing optional.
+1,022|6633|Camp XRay

Cougar wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

Cougar wrote:

Racist.
probably more like german and irish
https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l250/marlboroman82/Untitled-8.png
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6571

Cougar wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

Cougar wrote:

Racist.
Actually, that would be nationalist.  Further, I say that because many American companies abuse other nations resources, but the same would go of any CEO.  Allow me to clarify:

Better that the money goes to a resident of Venezuala than a resident of Abkhazian, Afghanistan, Albania, Andorra, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei Darussalam, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, China, Republic of China, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Costa Rica, Côte d'Ivoire, Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus, Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, East Timor, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Estonia, Ethiopia, Fiji, Finland, France, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, DPR Korea, South Korea , Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Republic of Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Malta, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Federated States of Micronesia, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nagorno-Karabakh, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Western Sahara, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, San Marino, São Tomé and Príncipe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, Somalia, Somaliland, South Africa, South Ossetia, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Togo, Tonga, Transnistria, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Vatican City, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia or Zimbabwe.
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6774|Dallas

Bubbalo wrote:

Cougar wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

Racist.
Actually, that would be nationalist.  Further, I say that because many American companies abuse other nations resources, but the same would go of any CEO.  Allow me to clarify:

Better that the money goes to a resident of Venezuala than a resident of Abkhazian, Afghanistan, Albania, Andorra, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei Darussalam, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, China, Republic of China, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Costa Rica, Côte d'Ivoire, Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus, Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, East Timor, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Estonia, Ethiopia, Fiji, Finland, France, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, DPR Korea, South Korea , Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Republic of Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Malta, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Federated States of Micronesia, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nagorno-Karabakh, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Western Sahara, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, San Marino, São Tomé and Príncipe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, Somalia, Somaliland, South Africa, South Ossetia, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Togo, Tonga, Transnistria, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Vatican City, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia or Zimbabwe.
Racist.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6571
Are you being funny?  American is a race term it's a nationality term.
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6774|Dallas

Bubbalo wrote:

So it is a race term?

You racist.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6726

Cougar wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

So it is a race term?

You racist.
I never thought Bubbalo was a racist!
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6774|Dallas

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Cougar wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

So it is a race term?

You racist.
I never thought Bubbalo was a racist!
Now you do.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6653
surprise, surprise.  it cracks me up around here when you got a bunch of dumb asses at my school trying to argue with me on how great of a man chavez is for venezuela.   I got family that i still talk to living over there.  they hate him.

Last edited by GunSlinger OIF II (2007-05-02 08:16:12)

Braddock
Agitator
+916|6300|Éire

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

surprise, surprise.  it cracks me up around here when you got a bunch of dumb asses at my school trying to argue with me on how great of a man chavez is for venezuela.   I got family that i still talk to living over there.  they hate him.
One thing I've noticed about South Americans is that middle and upper class descendants of the Spanish tend to hate the leftist leaders like Chavez, Castro and groups like FARC whereas the working classes and native Amerindians seem to have a lot more time for them (maybe not FARC but Chavez and Castro certainly have a lot of die-hard fans). It's quite simple really, the people with the money see their strain of leftism as a threat to their powerful, rich positions in society and the downtrodden and working classes see these leaders as people who are finally trying to bring some equality to their society; it just depends what side of the fence you're on. Chavez and Castro are no worse than Bush.

This is just based on my own observations of South Americans I've spoken with.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6233|Escea

Braddock wrote:

these leaders as people who are finally trying to bring some equality to their society
I highly doubt that

Last edited by M.O.A.B (2007-05-02 08:41:16)

GorillaTicTacs
+231|6383|Kyiv, Ukraine

M.O.A.B wrote:

Braddock wrote:

these leaders as people who are finally trying to bring some equality to their society
I highly doubt that
Don't be so bitter, the USA will be in the same boat soon, then you can see these things for yourself

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/29/busin … mp;emc=rss

NY Times wrote:

...the top 10 percent of Americans collected 48.5 percent of all reported income in 2005.

That is an increase of more than 2 percentage points over the previous year and up from roughly 33 percent in the late 1970s. The peak for this group was 49.3 percent in 1928.
That's freakin' huge.

About Chavez though, he thrives on attention so don't give him any, and he's hardly being original, he just saw how well it worked out for Putin and he wants the same.  I really think he means well and saw the total crap deals on oil and figured "what the hay, its mine anyways."  Meaning well doesn't do a lot of good though in the long run if your going down the path of tinpot dictator.  For a guy that hates Bush so much he really needs to lighten up on the whole power-grab thing or he might start to look like a hypocrite.

Last edited by GorillaTicTacs (2007-05-02 14:54:09)

RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6490|Somewhere else

President George W. Bush wrote:

This is clearly an act of terrorism.  Chavez is securing oil to sell to the highest bidder to help fund Al Qaeda.  Plus, he as weapons of mass destruction.  He hates freedom. He hates Democracy.  We must stop him before his tyranny and evil come to our shores.
EDIT: Just in case.... >This is not a real quote<.

Last edited by RoosterCantrell (2007-05-02 14:57:04)

dc_involved
+13|6540

CameronPoe wrote:

Personally I'm dead against big oil and all for nationalisation of natural resources like that. I'd be an advocate of setting up public-private partnerships like we have in Ireland on road-building schemes, whereby companies can jointly develop an oil field with full control/ownership reverting to the government at the end of the term (say 15-20 years), the company having profited in the interim (via tolls in the road example).

I'd be more worried about the other things he has been up to. He shut down the last remaining non-governmental television station only a few weeks ago and has well and truly set Venezuela on course to being just another dictatorship - not a communist state.
Correct me if i'm wrong cameron but i thought the tv station he denied a license to was the first. If i remember rightly that tv station was involved in trying to manipulate the public opinion into believing his victory was rigged. Apparently thats the latest way for america to bring down governments they don't like. They send in a PR company to create false polls and predictions in the run up to the elections and flood the media with them, so when the candidate wins by a massive majority the middle classes cry foul and hopefully kick off a coup.

I don't know what peoples problem with chavez is ( i understand that america has an  in built fear of communism). He won an election then was removed by the middle classes in a coup backed by america, the people kicked up such a fuss he was then put back in power. Did he round up and kill the conspirators (Castro style)? NO. He created a black list called La Lista (which has since been removed) to make their lives harder (just as they made ALL working class peoples lives hard when they were in power). He has since won another election.

His actions thus far are NOT those of a dictator but those of a peoples hero. He has improved the lives of millions of poor people and given greedy corporations, and america, a kick square in the nuts. How about you leave the people living there alone and let them to continue to elect the people they want running the country.

p.s. that wasn't all aimed at you cameron, just the question about the tv station
dc_involved
+13|6540

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

oh that settles it then, one family!!!!!!!111!!!.

What about his landslide victories at the polls?

dumb ass
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6653

dc_involved wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

oh that settles it then, one family!!!!!!!111!!!.

What about his landslide victories at the polls?

dumb ass
62% is landslide?  regardless my "one" family in Venezuela is a lot better than your right index finger and left mouse button, dipshit.
theelviscerator
+19|6298
Chavez is an asshole who's 15 mins of fame are nearly up.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6571

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

62% is landslide?  regardless my "one" family in Venezuela is a lot better than your right index finger and left mouse button, dipshit.
And that 62% outweighs your one family.  I know of at least 2 Americans who hate Bush, does that mean he's evil?
MrPredictable
+14|6696

theelviscerator wrote:

Chavez is an asshole who's 15 mins of fame are nearly up.
Generally when your the leader of a country you get more than 15 minutes of fame.

When Castro nationalized all of the American assets in Cuba they totally cut off trade relations, don't be surprised if Americans won't be allowed to travel to Venezuela, or get Venezuelan cigars. That would be tragic.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6571

MrPredictable wrote:

When Castro nationalized all of the American assets in Cuba they totally cut off trade relations
Half true.  He started forcing the American companies to sell back to Cuba, US reacted aggressively, so he took the land without paying.

Plus, they only survived afterwards through Soviet assistance.

Last edited by Bubbalo (2007-05-02 22:44:22)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard