Poll

Is cloning of human beings a natural way of giving life to someone?

Cloning is natural16%16% - 17
Cloning is not natural83%83% - 86
Total: 103
Teeksy90
Superior lord
+150|6597|Norway
Is cloning a natural alternative to the regular method (sex for those of you who didn't know)?  Please vote
Skorpy-chan
+127|6315|Twyford, UK
Cloning is not natural. We've had to invent it, thus it can't be.

Also, I believe cloning is just asking for trouble.
OmniDeath
~
+726|6614

Skorpy-chan wrote:

Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6676
I am all for different opinions(usually), but for all of you who voted "yes", you are all idiots.  Honestly, that scares me....
DeltaGrey
+1|6495|Finland
Definitely not natural, but what is now days? food we eat, means we travel or surgeons for all kind of problems? Ha-ha...
Ganko_06
Laughter with an S
+167|6615|Camoran's Paradise
What the hell are we going to do with human cloning?  Make a people farm?

On a side note: I don't totally support plant cloning to make superior crops.  Though it's a nice thought, this leaves plant susceptible widespread disease.
ThaReaper
Banned
+410|6610
I don't think cloning humans should be legal, but I do think that cloning organs should be legal because people with bad organs could get them replaced if they could be cloned. Which could make people live longer.
Teeksy90
Superior lord
+150|6597|Norway
is cloning of human beings even legal?
bonedoc69
+36|6381|Eugene, Oregon U.S.A.
I had to vote no because cloning is obviously not a natural occurrence. Seems obvious to me.
Teeksy90
Superior lord
+150|6597|Norway
I urge those who vote "Cloning is natural" to also state their view here:)
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6415|The Land of Scott Walker
Uh, that would be a no.
xBlackPantherx
Grow up, or die
+142|6313|California
Cloning is natural in the sense that the embryo still has to go through ALL the stages of development in a womb-like structure. I can almost guarantee that over 2/3 of you who voted 'no' have NO idea either what stages a baby goes through OR what stages an cloned embryo has to go through. They studied the first cloned sheep and the stages of birth were IDENTICAL to that of a natural born baby. the ONLY thing that will be unnatural, at least not to humans (queen bees can determine the sex of the bee(s) shes giving birth to), but soon after human cloning will be put into legalization processes (or even to jump start the process) will be genetic engineering. This means that the parents (who want to be abstinent, though I have NO clue why they would, can have a baby AND (even for those who have sex and just want their baby to have a good life) can determine what type of traits the baby can have. If both of you have a slow metabolism gene and shitty red frizzy hair (or something), you can use genetic engineering to give the baby a good metabolism and nice blond hair with radiantly blue eyes. It is a PERFECTLY natural process, developmentwise.
Skorpy-chan
+127|6315|Twyford, UK
Of course, some cloning IS natural. Some plants can be clones rather easily simply by taking cuttings, and bacteria clone themselves, technically.

Also, genetic engineering of children is just wrong; it'll end up with an unbeatable super-race of new children altering their children and so on down the line until humanity is no longer human. That will leave us, the last of the naturally-concieved types, stuck in the dust and the gutters trying to scrape what we can.
xBlackPantherx
Grow up, or die
+142|6313|California

Skorpy-chan wrote:

Of course, some cloning IS natural. Some plants can be clones rather easily simply by taking cuttings, and bacteria clone themselves, technically.

Also, genetic engineering of children is just wrong; it'll end up with an unbeatable super-race of new children altering their children and so on down the line until humanity is no longer human. That will leave us, the last of the naturally-concieved types, stuck in the dust and the gutters trying to scrape what we can.
A good 98% of cloning is natural and this is what is the problem with people. They imagine things like ,time travel, as things that will EVENTUALLY happen sooner or later, but this is not always they case. You can only go so far, so fast, so deep. I may be physically IMPOSSIBLE to make a super-human race. If laws were made so that you couldn't make super human races, even if it were possible, and a mad scientist shows up, he will not be able to make enough clones to do any harm. NOTE that im saying this theoretically and im by no means saying that it is possible. Chances are that a comet hits the earth, sun blows up, or we KILL ourselves in nuclear winter, before we even scratch the possibility of creating super-humans, time-traveling, or teleporting.

EDIT:

Skorpy wrote:

it'll end up with an unbeatable super-race of new children altering their children and so on down the line until humanity is no longer human.
If this DOES happen, then it wont matter because everyone will be equal, am I not right?

Last edited by xBlackPantherx (2007-05-02 18:56:32)

Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6438
I think we should hold off on cloning people until the machines pose a threat to mankind. Then we clone our greatest warrior and him and his clone army can defeat the machines and save mankind from https://www.rome.ro/images/doom/Doom.png
bonedoc69
+36|6381|Eugene, Oregon U.S.A.

doctastrangelove1964 wrote:

I think we should hold off on cloning people until the machines pose a threat to mankind. Then we clone our greatest warrior and him and his clone army can defeat the machines and save mankind from http://www.rome.ro/images/doom/Doom.png
Well... Where do I go to donate my genetic material then?
xBlackPantherx
Grow up, or die
+142|6313|California

bonedoc69 wrote:

doctastrangelove1964 wrote:

I think we should hold off on cloning people until the machines pose a threat to mankind. Then we clone our greatest warrior and him and his clone army can defeat the machines and save mankind from http://www.rome.ro/images/doom/Doom.png
Well... Where do I go to donate my genetic material then?
Sperm Bank....

for 7 times, they need DNA!

lol
link52787
+29|6492
hmmmmm.....this reminds me of a movie.  I think its called the Sixth Day or something like that.  Its with Arnold , in the movie, people are able to clone humans at will.
CyraX
+5|6177
I wish people would clone...so i can clone myself 4 times and just rock the 5v5 inf ladders / leagues lol.  Also if aliens were to attack ( real or not just try to imagine ok? lol ) cloning would also help counter them, due to always cloning soldiers for war.  Thats the only reason cloning probably would be legal.....im tired so don't mind me ranting on lol

Last edited by CyraX (2007-05-02 21:04:53)

Smithereener
+138|6286|California
Null Vote because it depends on how you look at it.

If you look at it one way, it's obviously not natural. We alter the egg, insert a different nucleus, etc. Nothing really natural. An egg cell isn't going to lose it's original nucleus and trade it with another one on its own.

But if you consider the processes themselves, it might be seen as natural to some. If by some chance, we were able to go past the embryo stage of cloning humans, it seems perfectly natural. After the embryo begins to divide, it goes to all the normal stages and is eventually born out of a womb. Kind of like a test tube baby (in vitro fertilization). I wouldn't exactly call that unnatural. We still get a living being. That's natural to me.

While the idea of cloning in order to develop new body parts, i.e. livers, kidneys, hearts, etc., is intriguing, I'm not sure if I'd have total support of developing humans for harvesting organs. Geh. Stem Cells seem far less 'immoral' to me.
HeavyMetalDave
Metal Godz
+107|6628|California
Here's a neat idea...

Find Jesus DNA...

Clone Jesus...

Instant Judgement Day...

Cool.
Anfidurl
Use the bumper, that's what its for!
+103|6563|Lexington, Kentucky

Skorpy-chan wrote:

Also, I believe cloning is just asking for trouble.
Go study Biology, noob.
Cloning is used by single celled organisms in our digestive tract, without the symbiosis with said organisms we would not be alive. Hence CLONING IS NATURAL.
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6490|Adelaide, South Australia

thareaper254 wrote:

I don't think cloning humans should be legal, but I do think that cloning organs should be legal because people with bad organs could get them replaced if they could be cloned. Which could make people live longer.
The Island.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6745|Noizyland

I dunno. Agent 47 is one bad-ass mother fucker.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
maffiaw
ph33r me 傻逼
+40|6391|Melbourne, AUS
You really really have to look at the type of cloning. Reproductive cloning (in which actual clones are created) is a long way from actual use on humans, as there is a 95% mortality rate in the mother alone according tests done on animals.
Therapeutic cloning, however, may prove to be effective in the near future for people with neurological conditions, genetic conditions and so on.
P.S - very pointless poll questions there. cloning is a form of man-made scientific procedure - it cannot therefore be natural.

Last edited by maffiaw (2007-05-02 23:09:21)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard