Sl4y3r wrote:

McLaren.... Mustang, muahahahahahaha!

But Veyron>everything else
QFT
https://www.exoticcars.ws/cars/bugatti-veyron.jpg
Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6405|Somersetshire
when i voted i thought it was for which one i liked best (Mustang)  cos i didn't rally read it lol

but yea, F1 is way  faster
Onidax
+41|6490

Marlboroman82 wrote:

Toni wrote:

Tell your classmate that americans CAN'T build cars.
? if wasn't for America you would still be riding a donkey to work. its stupid comments like this that makes me wonder why we bailed your ass out during the war.
1st: Your a cock

2nd: Just because someone from America invented something means that America as a nation is good at building  cars. Your arrogant to think that someone later wouldnt have come up with the same idea.

3rd: Currently which car market is suffering the most? I can tell your a little dim so Ill give you a hand here.. its the American one. Now would the American car market be suffering if their cars were: reliable, well made, had good performance, innovative or luxurious? Ill give you another hint, no the American car market wouldnt be suffering if it met those points.

4th: European cars currently are and will remian for the forseeable furture the best preduction cars in the world. When people want a cheap car they look to Asia, when they want a good quality car they go to Europe, when they want a crap car they go to America.

5th: Were you even alive during the Word Wars? A loose comment like that is yet another indication of your stupidity.

Go back to school
Onidax
+41|6490

JG1567JG wrote:

Toni wrote:

I call bullshit on that statement.  Try this American made car.

Saleen S7 Twin Turbo
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l163/ … Turbo2.jpg

ShawN you are right that the Mustang will not touch the F1, but the car above will run with it.

P.S. Let me choose the track and I will eat the F1 for breakfast with the Mustang.
Im guessing you drive a pickup truck rofl.

In a straight line the F1 will win
On a bend the F1 will win

Dont know any tracks that dont both of those included.
norge
J-10 and a coke please
+18|6467
The mcclarron is obviously faster, but the mustang looks a lot nicer than that f1 hybrid car.  however id still take either, or a bugatti veyron, those are nuts!
JG1567JG
+110|6585|United States of America

Bertster7 wrote:

ShawN_ wrote:

When he said that the mustang was faster than the Mclaren, i just answered:
Yes, in a free fall...
With those aerodynamics? I don't think so.

JG1567JG wrote:

Saleen S7 Twin Turbo

ShawN you are right that the Mustang will not touch the F1, but the car above will run with it.

P.S. Let me choose the track and I will eat the F1 for breakfast with the Mustang.
No, you won't. The Mustang isn't as good as the Maclaren in any respect.

There's no point getting all upset that Americans can't make proper supercars (in fact despite being the pioneers of the automobile production line, the US are falling behind in all aspects of car manufacture these days - not even close to the European and Japanese industries). The S7 is shocking in that it is a proper American supercar and is actually pretty good. So is the new Corvette, though not in the same league it is much better than the Corvettes of old, which looked nice and went fast in a straight line.

The Maclaren F1 is a proper supercar, with proper F1 pedigree. The Mustang is quite cool, but it's not even in the same league. The Saleen, while it would trounce the Mustang, isn't very likely to beat the F1. Whilst the performance figures from Saleen show the S7 as being faster than the F1, 3rd party figures, which tend to be more reliable, rate the F1 as the faster and better handler.

I'd be interested to see the F1 up against the S7. I'm pretty sure the F1 would have the edge, but it'd be interesting to see.
I think you misunderstood my post.  I wasn't trying to compare the mustang to the F1 for the simple fact they are not, like you said, in the same league.  I posted without knowing any specs on either car. All I did was call Bullshit on a previous post and I posted a car that I said would run with the F1.  I also said that if you let me choose the track or course that I would eat the F1 for breakfast with that mustang.
russ)=spetsnaz
Banned
+131|6453|the guy in the hind on gator
man a guy makes a simple poll and its already a flame fest. wow just wow
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6763|UK
Bugatty Veron or however u spell it.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6497|so randum

mikeyb118 wrote:

Sl4y3r wrote:

McLaren.... Mustang, muahahahahahaha!

But Veyron>everything else
QFT
http://www.exoticcars.ws/cars/bugatti-veyron.jpg
Just to inflate my e-penis, ive sat in a veyron. Not a joke.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
tahadar
Sniper!!
+183|6736|Pakistan/England

ShawN_ wrote:

When he said that the mustang was faster than the Mclaren, i just answered:
Yes, in a free fall...
even in free fall, the mclaren would fall faster because of its aerodynamic efficiency.
JG1567JG
+110|6585|United States of America

Onidax wrote:

JG1567JG wrote:

Toni wrote:

I call bullshit on that statement.  Try this American made car.

Saleen S7 Twin Turbo

Im guessing you drive a pickup truck rofl.

In a straight line the F1 will win
On a bend the F1 will win

Dont know any tracks that dont both of those included.
Just a couple of other of questions on the F1.

1. How does it handle on a dirt road.?  Say a track like the original Pikes Peak before it was paved.  I still believe the F1 would win on dirt.
2. How does it handle when there isn't a road?  Not much ground clearance on the F1

P.S. I do drive a truck and to make it fair I said I would use the mustang and not my truck on the course or track I choose.  With my 4 wheel drive the F1 really wouldn't stand a chance. LOL

If anybody is really really rich and doesn't mind having a couple of kick ass cars totaled then this is where I choose to race the two cars. Haspin Acres in Laurel, Indiana
https://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l163/JG1567JG/HaspinAcres.jpg

.... or we can put the F1 up against the Mustang in 4 inches of snow and drive them around one city block and I will bet a thousand dollars I would beat it and anybody that has driven a Mustang in snow knows that they suck balls.

Last edited by JG1567JG (2007-05-02 08:41:49)

aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6790
Does the Mustang have stripes?  Everyone knows a car with stripes goes faster than one without.  After all, they don't call them "go faster stripes" for nothing.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6442|The Land of Scott Walker

Toni wrote:

The US has built several cars capable of spanking their more expensive European counterparts right off the showroom floor: Corvette Z06, Ford GT, and the Saleen S7 are good examples.  There are very few cars on earth that could match a McLaren F1 GTR because it’s a supercar and costs over a million dollars.  The Z06 has beat the best times of many European sports cars around the Nürburgring in Germany.  It beat the Pagini Zonda, Lamborghini Murcielago, Porsche 996 GT3, and Ferrari F430 to name a few, so let’s have some respect.
Slayer
---hates you
+1,137|6754|Hell, p.o box 666

Stingray wrote:

The Z06 has beat the best times of many European sports cars around the Nürburgring in Germany.
Ja

Stingray wrote:

It beat the Pagini Zonda, Lamborghini Murcielago, Porsche 996 GT3, and Ferrari F430 to name a few, so let’s have some respect.
but not the BMW M3 CSL
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6442|The Land of Scott Walker

Sl4y3r wrote:

Stingray wrote:

The Z06 has beat the best times of many European sports cars around the Nürburgring in Germany.
Ja

Stingray wrote:

It beat the Pagini Zonda, Lamborghini Murcielago, Porsche 996 GT3, and Ferrari F430 to name a few, so let’s have some respect.
but not the BMW M3 CSL
Wiki says 7:43 for the Z06, 7:50 for the M3 CSL.  And the Z06 has air conditioning and a Bose sound system, which the CSL does not have.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nordschlei … _lap_times
bigdroo
+7|6424|Yooahss-ayy!

Onidax wrote:

2nd: Just because someone from America invented something means that America as a nation is good at building  cars. Your arrogant to think that someone later wouldnt have come up with the same idea.
Are you referring to the invention of the assembly line or the automobile? I was under the impression that Benz had a working automobile before Ford.

Onidax wrote:

3rd: Currently which car market is suffering the most? I can tell your a little dim so Ill give you a hand here.. its the American one. Now would the American car market be suffering if their cars were: reliable, well made, had good performance, innovative or luxurious? Ill give you another hint, no the American car market wouldnt be suffering if it met those points.
Debatable. Remember, when Dalmer-Benz bought Chrysler, it was a good thing for Chrysler. It virtually saved Chrysler. Now it's actually Chrysler that's helping to support Dalmer, and Chrysler now wants out and to be back on its own. In another year or so, Dalmer might be in pretty bad shape. The Euro market isn't as strong as you think.

Onidax wrote:

4th: European cars currently are and will remian for the forseeable furture the best preduction cars in the world. When people want a cheap car they look to Asia, when they want a good quality car they go to Europe, when they want a crap car they go to America.
Highly Debatable. The Japanese may disagree with you and they'd probably have good reason to. Toyota consistently makes some of the best all around vehicles in the world. In Europe, don't forget that some of those Euro brands are owned by Ford and GM.

Onidax wrote:

5th: Were you even alive during the Word Wars? A loose comment like that is yet another indication of your stupidity.

Go back to school
Well, his quote may have been insensitive, but if YOU actually cracked open a history book, you might find how much the Allies depended on American parts, labor, machinery, troops, technology, etc.. It's very true that the United States could not have fought the war by themselves, they needed ALL of the Allies (even the French), but on the flip side, the Allies had no hope (including the USSR) without the Americans getting involved.

EDIT: Sorry. Fixed a typo

Last edited by bigdroo (2007-05-02 09:30:51)

Toni
+4|6560

Marlboroman82 wrote:

Toni wrote:

? if wasn't for America you would still be riding a donkey to work. its stupid comments like this that makes me wonder why we bailed your ass out during the war.
Why you bailed us out of war - so now you can drive Mercedes, BMW, Ferrari or other exotic European cars you moron. For once you Americans should admit that you suck at something and that is building cars. Europe OWNS you big time in that department.

If you don't belive me let me tell you a little story - A few weeks ago I met a US citizen who spent the whole day with me (bussines vise) and after all the conversation topics ran out we talked about cars - and even he admitted that american cars are RUBBBBBIIISSSSHHHH.

So please stop with that american patriotic crap, because it's not gonna fly with me.

Peace out!

Last edited by Toni (2007-05-02 12:03:19)

jord
+2,382|6675|The North, beyond the wall.
The F1.

It's a seriously mega easy question, and your friend should know what is faster, even if he knows nothing about cars looking at the two you can tell which is faster.
geNius
..!.,
+144|6439|SoCal
Benz, by all accounts, invented the first car.  German, and not American.  Henry Ford was the first to mass produce cars.

No Ford product will ever touch the McLaren.

Mustangs are not fast, by any measure of the word.  You can heavily modify one and make it fast, but you could also heavily modify a Geo Metro and make it fast.

Your buddy is just a Ford fanboy, and nothing you say will ever convince him otherwise.
https://srejects.com/genius/srejects.png
Marlboroman82
Personal philosophy: Clothing optional.
+1,022|6620|Camp XRay

Onidax wrote:

Marlboroman82 wrote:

Toni wrote:

1st: Your a cock

Go back to school
I guess calling me a cock gives a good indication of your over all command of the English language. They have the spell check button there for a reason, use it.

Back to the topic at hand. I agree that the American car industry is in the toilet, thats not the issue though. Of course you were so eager to look like a big man on the internetso you blew past the original point and on to some incoherent ramblings about how great the European car industry is.

America still builds great cars, unfortunately we don't have the cheap labor force that Asia does so guess who pays the price for increased cost, the consumer.

Unless I am mistaken the majority of the parts that go into your European luxury sedans are manufactured in Asia. Anyways thats all I got, eat a dick you arrogant prick.
https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l250/marlboroman82/Untitled-8.png
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6762|Dallas

Marlboroman82 wrote:

eat a dick you arrogant prick.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAHAAAAAAhaha...ehhhhhahaha....ahhhhhh!!!
Slayer
---hates you
+1,137|6754|Hell, p.o box 666

This is going nowhere and I dont mind another useless discussion!
@Chris: ya your fault, but dont worry

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard