doc. josh
+48|6555
Hey guys i was wondering how do i set up a lan game between the two computers in my house one computer has the router and the other is connected to it wireless! So how do i set up a lan game with say bf2 or any game 4 that matter???
CrazeD
+368|6683|Maine
Put them on the same network...
doc. josh
+48|6555
How do i ut them on the same net work i have no idea what aim doing when it comes to this cinde of stuff!!!
doc. josh
+48|6555
BUmP i need some help theres forums are starting to suck! help wise
spud924
+12|6462|The Sticks, WA, USA
dude if they are both plugged into the same router (or wirelessly connected to the router) then they already are on the same network. Have 1 computer host the game and the other just join in by clicking on the lan game option.
djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6345|Oregon
open the ports.

google "Port forwarding for bf2"
spud924
+12|6462|The Sticks, WA, USA
port forwarding is only for the internet and has no effect on lan games or lan traffic, it simply redirects internet ports to lan ports
LawJik
The Skeptical Realist
+48|6541|Amherst, MA
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6448|King Of The Islands

Make sure both computers are on the same

- Workgroup  > System Properties
- IP Range     > Network Connections
- Subnet        > Network Connections

Less hassles.
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
[TUF]Whiskey_Oktober
mmmm...Toasty!
+91|6732|Oregon
as long as they are connected to the same router, you should be good...

go into the game and click "start LAN" or whatev on one of the machines and then search for that LAN server from the other computer. voulla, 2 computers in the same game with noone else (besides your neighbor whos stealin your wireless..)
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6746|Salt Lake City

If the router is running DHCP, then it is assigning the IP and subnet, so both computers are fine in that respect.  Make sure the firewalls are off on both computers, especially the computer that is hosting.  Start a LAN game on the system that is hosting and then the other system will open the game and look for servers on the LAN.  It should see the server and be able to join.

Also, unless something has changed (which is entirely possible) with BF2 if you start a LAN game, there will be no bots, so it would only be you and your neighbor.  The way around this is to see what IP address is assigned to the host computer, start a single player game, and then have your neighbor join by the IP address.  You can determine the IP address by...

1. Click Start then Run.
2. Type CMD and hit enter.
3. Type IPCONFIG /ALL and hit enter.  If you get an error type CD\ and hit enter, then try it again.

Most routers run a class C addressing scheme of 192.168.0.x or 192.168.1.x (where X is the number identifying the host on the network, and with only two systems will likely be 100 or 101.)  Write down the address for the host system.  This is the IP the other computer will type to enter the game.
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6448|King Of The Islands

BF2? Oh man this takes me back...

Option 1: Start a Singleplayer game.
People can join it by using Connect to IP, only available in an Online Account. (IP given to the host as he loads)

In that mode clients cannot ask the commander for anything unless there is one (unlike the host).

Option 2: Start Multiplayer - Coop
Pretty much like Singleplayer but you can see it in the Local Game list.

Option 3: Start a Singleplayer game.. running a mod
If you look around you can get 64 size/bots mods to play with.
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard