GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6614
could anyone share their personal experiences with getting one?
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

they hurt like hell and the nurse will want to touch you in the no-no area.
KingCheese
Paul Scholes
+77|6554|England
I was only 4 years old when I suffered my hernia.  26 years later and I still haven't gotten over how much it hurt.  The worst part though was having the stitches removed after the operation.  Please excuse me I have come over a little faint....

Last edited by KingCheese (2007-04-30 10:01:26)

"My best moment? I have a lot of good moments but the one I prefer is when I kicked the hooligan." - Eric Cantona.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

could anyone share their personal experiences with getting one?
Hernia and not a herniated disc right? Terms are often confused, I have had the latter for over a year now.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6632|USA
I had a hernia when I was 13. after 6 years of playing catcher in Little League, i noticed I had 3 "testicles". Well I told my parents it didn't look right. I had no pain at all. Come to find out I had a small tear in the wall between my intestines and my gonads. My large intestine drooped into my scrotum. In surgery they pushed the intestines back through and put a mesh screen in where the hole was. I was in some horrible pain the two weeks after. Hell of a place to be cut brother.

Not to bad though. Haven't had a problem since. And got a cool preverted scar to show the ladies.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6614
i dont much about this.  ever since my hardcharging infantry days in active duty ive had a lump on my...um.... groinal area.  its a lump and it gets sore.  except after i do some strainous activites like a long run and ALWAYS on a road march, afterwards I feel this pain for quite a long time.  its always the same spot and it always gets me going on a limp.   never saw a doctor bout it because sick call is for pussies...not really but you get a lot of shit for sick call.  makes it look like your trying to get off of work.  so ive pretty much forgotten about it until yesterday when i did my first real road march in quite a long time and im hurting now.   ive always been hesitant to call it a hernia because as i always understood, hernias hurt like a bitch and this shit hurts, but this is nowhere near to most painful.  its been the same spot for years.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6415|The Land of Scott Walker
At age 18 I had a work related hernia from lifting heavy stuff.  Had to have surgery of course because if it ruptures it turns into an emergency situation.  Had a rather attractive nurse that gave me a shot in the ass before wheeling me into surgery prep.  Her name was Angel. Anyway, the nurse shaves you up or you can shave up ahead of time if it's a hernia in your groin area.  I think they called mine a "right inguinal hernia". 

After the surgery I felt fine, but I was pumped full of meds.  After they starting wearing off it hurt like nothing I'd ever experienced, so I took my Tylenol 3 with codeine or whatever they call it.  That worked great except when I slept through the time I was supposed to take my next dose.  I woke up and had to pee and when I stood up, it tensed those healing muscles. It hurt so bad I collapsed to the floor and dry heaved.  Not fun.  Moral of the story: take your meds and rest like the doc tells you to and you'll be fine.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

i dont much about this.  ever since my hardcharging infantry days in active duty ive had a lump on my...um.... groinal area.  its a lump and it gets sore.  except after i do some strainous activites like a long run and ALWAYS on a road march, afterwards I feel this pain for quite a long time.  its always the same spot and it always gets me going on a limp.   never saw a doctor bout it because sick call is for pussies...not really but you get a lot of shit for sick call.  makes it look like your trying to get off of work.  so ive pretty much forgotten about it until yesterday when i did my first real road march in quite a long time and im hurting now.   ive always been hesitant to call it a hernia because as i always understood, hernias hurt like a bitch and this shit hurts, but this is nowhere near to most painful.  its been the same spot for years.
Probably a hernia.  Is it where the leg meets the trunk?  That is where I got mine when I was about 12.  It was a lump about the size of a pistachio, maybe a little bigger.
Stingray24
Have it checked out, man.  If it is a hernia and it goes too far, it'll rupture, and you'll find yourself in an emergency.  It's quite common for guys from what my doc told me when I had mine at 18.
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6734|Dallas

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Dude, same thing happened to me in the military.  I had a lump on the left side of my dick that got sore alot.  If I pushed on it, I could make it go back in and sometimes it didn't even hurt.  Turns out, your muscle has torn in that area and your intestines are poking through.  The doctor told me that if I didn't get it fixed that it could get pinched off and the intestine could die, causing all sorts of nastiness.  My surgery and recovery were pretty quick, had the operation in the morning and walked out of the hospital that night plus I got to experience the wonderful joys of morphine.

However, hernia incisions are notorious for getting infected/not healing/something fucking up.  Mine was no exception.  A few days after my surgery, I'm sitting in a lawn chair sipping a bud and I had to get up and go pee.   When I stood up I felt something wet in my basketball shorts and I thought I had pissed myself.  When I looked in my shorts it looked like someone has melted 5 big sticks of butter and poured it into my pants.  I had developed a staff infection and didn't even know it.  When it popped through the incision it was massive puss.  I went into the bathroom and was literally covered in puss and if I pushed on my abdomen, more puss would bubble out of the wound.  It was literally running down both legs and pooling up at my feet.  So after I go back to the doctor again and have it cleaned it does it AGAIN. 

To this day I still have problems with my incision and I had my surgery 2 years ago.  Every now and then a small hole will open and a small amount of fluid will drain and then it will close up again.  I won't even notice except for a little crusty spot on my underwear where the incision touches my drawers.  Definitely the worst operation/recovery I've ever been through.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6499|Global Command

Cougar wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Dude, same thing happened to me in the military.  I had a lump on the left side of my dick that got sore alot.  If I pushed on it, I could make it go back in and sometimes it didn't even hurt.  Turns out, your muscle has torn in that area and your intestines are poking through.  The doctor told me that if I didn't get it fixed that it could get pinched off and the intestine could die, causing all sorts of nastiness.  My surgery and recovery were pretty quick, had the operation in the morning and walked out of the hospital that night plus I got to experience the wonderful joys of morphine.

However, hernia incisions are notorious for getting infected/not healing/something fucking up.  Mine was no exception.  A few days after my surgery, I'm sitting in a lawn chair sipping a bud and I had to get up and go pee.   When I stood up I felt something wet in my basketball shorts and I thought I had pissed myself.  When I looked in my shorts it looked like someone has melted 5 big sticks of butter and poured it into my pants.  I had developed a staff infection and didn't even know it.  When it popped through the incision it was massive puss.  I went into the bathroom and was literally covered in puss and if I pushed on my abdomen, more puss would bubble out of the wound.  It was literally running down both legs and pooling up at my feet.  So after I go back to the doctor again and have it cleaned it does it AGAIN. 

To this day I still have problems with my incision and I had my surgery 2 years ago.  Every now and then a small hole will open and a small amount of fluid will drain and then it will close up again.  I won't even notice except for a little crusty spot on my underwear where the incision touches my drawers.  Definitely the worst operation/recovery I've ever been through.
My penis surgery seems like nothing now.
My bruised grapenuts don't hurt having read that, TY.
naightknifar
Served and Out
+642|6531|Southampton, UK

Cougar wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

That sucks dockey balls.
Feel the pain. <3
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6591|London, England
Oh my god...wow, i never knew that is what a hernia was... Is there any way to prevent this?

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2007-04-30 10:35:06)

Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6632|USA

Mekstizzle wrote:

Oh my god...wow, i never knew that is what a hernia was... Is there any way to prevent this?
Lift with your legs.
Entertayner
+826|6541

Word of advice: Don't get one.
Stingray24

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

Lift with your legs.
QFT
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6614

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Probably a hernia.  Is it where the leg meets the trunk?  That is where I got mine when I was about 12.  It was a lump about the size of a pistachio, maybe a little bigger.
i believe so, its also a lump about the size of a pistachio but you cant feel it unless you press down on it a little and thats when it hurts (i feel no pain).   its like right where my pelvic bone meets my hip on my right.  everytime i move my right leg forward i feel the strain and if im not doing the limp i feel the pain (hah, pain?)
its not disabling, and its something i put up with for years now.  it doesnt get worse, it only acts up when i do strenuious activities.  i just refused to believe its a hernia because i didnt wanna complain about something I always percieved to be extremely painful.  end up going to sick call and it turns out to be nothing i just look like a shitbag. my pride wouldnt let me.

Stingray24 wrote:

Have it checked out, man.  If it is a hernia and it goes too far, it'll rupture, and you'll find yourself in an emergency.  It's quite common for guys from what my doc told me when I had mine at 18.
oh man,  im scared of doctors.  your not sick until you see a god damn doctor.  i wanna feel like im still in my prime.  sucks though, because im a few days away from a mandatory 5 year physical.  my last physical expired 2 years ago so im catching some heat for being a pussy about hospitals and what not. 

Damn cougar,  that sounds like bad joo joo.  staff infection that never healed?  what have the docs said about that?

Last edited by GunSlinger OIF II (2007-04-30 11:54:25)

M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6193|Escea

Good advice, also don't strain mega hard if lifting something heavy, you seriously don't wanna prolapse your bowels, not pretty at all.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6614
is it really possible to have a hernia for 4 or 5 years and not have it be excrutiating?
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6687|Riva, MD
My dad got one once, but i'm not real curious about what it was like.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6619

My bro had one when he was about 5, dunno how he got it, but he did. Made his nuts inflate like a balloon. He had the op and got over it find with no pain though.
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6734|Dallas

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

i believe so, its also a lump about the size of a pistachio but you cant feel it unless you press down on it a little and thats when it hurts (i feel no pain).   its like right where my pelvic bone meets my hip on my right.  everytime i move my right leg forward i feel the strain and if im not doing the limp i feel the pain (hah, pain?)
its not disabling, and its something i put up with for years now.  it doesnt get worse, it only acts up when i do strenuious activities.  i just refused to believe its a hernia because i didnt wanna complain about something I always percieved to be extremely painful.  end up going to sick call and it turns out to be nothing i just look like a shitbag. my pride wouldnt let me.

Stingray24 wrote:

oh man,  im scared of doctors.  your not sick until you see a god damn doctor.  i wanna feel like im still in my prime.  sucks though, because im a few days away from a mandatory 5 year physical.  my last physical expired 2 years ago so im catching some heat for being a pussy about hospitals and what not. 

Damn cougar,  that sounds like bad joo joo.  staff infection that never healed?  what have the docs said about that?
Mine was the size of a golf ball nearly.  A pistachio would have been a cake walk.  I walked around with mine for a year and a half because I don't like doctors until one of the docs at a mandatory psychical found it.  God damn military doctors.  And no, I haven't went back to get it checked because the stupid doctors who did this too me would fuck something else up or find something else wrong.  Screw them, I can hack it.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6655|United States of America
Dude, I need to stop consulting Wikipedia for medical knowledge. First it was circumcision, then vasectomy ( due to ATG :shakes fist: ) and now hernias---yeeech.

Last edited by DesertFox- (2007-04-30 17:11:42)

Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6600|Washington, DC

DesertFox- wrote:

Dude, I need to stop consulting Wikipedia for medical knowledge. First it was circumcision, then vasectomy (both due to ATG :shakes fist: ) and now hernias---yeeech.
You people need to look up "testicular torsion" on Wikipedia. That's probably one of the most terrifying things any man can read about.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6508|Long Island, New York
"Drop your pants. NOW COUGH!"

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard