Michael Vick the Dog Fighting Ringleader

Yes75%75% - 40
No24%24% - 13
Total: 53
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6668|USA
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2850545

Police searched a VA home that Michael Vick owns but apparently never stays there. he lets his cousin live there. Investigators went to the house to investiagte drug allegations. They found dozens of abused dogs used for dog fighting. Vick is playing dumb.

Do you think the one time "Michael Jordan of football" has a hand in this dogfighting fiasco? Or is he just another victim of poor choices?

Feel free to add your feelings about dog fighting also.

Last edited by Mason4Assassin444 (2007-04-30 06:26:05)

[1stSSF]=Nuka=
Banned
+23|6756|PDX Metro Area, OR, US, SOL
Like most modern athletes, he's just a scumbag in an expensive suit...part of the reason I don't pay much attention to typical American sports...other athletes might be equally scummy, but at least they've learned to be sophisticated about it...even baseball has become the land of scum...Barry Bonds chief amongst them...

Gimme Danilo Di Luca or Oscar Friere any day...
ShellShock.PwN
+31|6793|Barrie Ontario
The guy makes Millions of dollars why would he run a dog fighting ring to make pocket change. He probably owns 4 houses so he is probably telling the truth.
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6548|Texas - Bigger than France
I never feel sorry for people effing up their life when their life is so easy.  This pretty much is dead on:

ShellShock.PwN
+31|6793|Barrie Ontario

Pug wrote:

I never feel sorry for people effing up their life when their life is so easy.  This pretty much is dead on:

Really!?! i didnt know he was ever charged with possesion of weed in that case.....oh yea thats right.......he wasnt.
BeerzGod
Hooray Beer!
+94|6576|United States
Michael Vick once considered the "Michael Jordan of football" Bwahahahahahaha. Good way to start the morning... with a great laugh.
bigdroo
+7|6433|Yooahss-ayy!

ShellShock.PwN wrote:

The guy makes Millions of dollars why would he run a dog fighting ring to make pocket change. He probably owns 4 houses so he is probably telling the truth.
Actually, money is a reason why he would do it. If you're poor, you're less likely to be able to afford the $100+ a day it costs to feed 65 Pit-Bulls he keeps there at his "breeding farm" he has in Smithfield, VA. To him, it's more of a leasure outlet he has with his friends.

The rumor is that it was some of Allen Iverson's friends that turned him on to dog fighting, but AI no longer takes part in it - he's actually become more of a family man.

It's the thug mentality at work here. In Vick's world, he's the big shot and he's impressing his thug friends.

Last edited by bigdroo (2007-04-30 06:45:45)

Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6668|USA

ShellShock.PwN wrote:

Pug wrote:

Really!?! i didnt know he was ever charged with possesion of weed in that case.....oh yea thats right.......he wasnt.
The substance looked more like black tar heroin.
hate&discontent
USMC 0311 SEMPER FI
+69|6394|USA, MICHIGAN
his house, his problems.  it dosen't matter who lives there.
ShellShock.PwN
+31|6793|Barrie Ontario

hate&discontent wrote:

his house, his problems.  it dosen't matter who lives there.
yea but the media hears "vick" and goes nuts, yea he owns the house, but if its his cousin running the ring then his name wont be tarnished already more then it is. he doesnt care about the fact that its his house, he cares that they are trying to pin the operation on him.
Pug

ShellShock.PwN wrote:

You get paid millions of dollars a year.  Either you are guilty or you surround yourself by people which both result in you getting paid $0 per year.

You may think its worth it.

I don't.

And I won't lose any sleep if he gets tagged.

What he does, he does to himself.
ShellShock.PwN
+31|6793|Barrie Ontario

Pug wrote:

ShellShock.PwN wrote:

You get paid millions of dollars a year.  Either you are guilty or you surround yourself by people which both result in you getting paid $0 per year.

I don't.

that is all true, but people should no the facts before they go ripping an athlete. i am not a falcons fan but Vick is an amazing quarterback. i think it is just stupid that everyone rips him because there was suspicion if he was trying to sneak on weed. he was never charged and it was proven not to be weed. Now with this case i cant really argue anything because it is a new case. Yes he owns the House, that doesnt mean he is running the ring. He said his cousin lives there, and with the Vick last name i wouldnt doubt it if it was his cousin that did it. Michael Vicks family is notorious for causing trouble i dont tihnk it was mike becuase he would have way to much to lose.

Last edited by ShellShock.PwN (2007-04-30 08:49:02)

Pug

ShellShock.PwN wrote:

Pug wrote:

ShellShock.PwN wrote:

I don't.

that is all true, but people should no the facts before they go ripping an athlete. i am not a falcons fan but Vick is an amazing quarterback. i think it is just stupid that everyone rips him because there was suspicion if he was trying to sneak on weed. he was never charged and it was proven not to be weed. Now with this case i cant really argue anything because it is a new case. Yes he owns the House, that doesnt mean he is running the ring. He said his cousin lives there, and with the Vick last name i wouldnt doubt it if it was his cousin that did it. Michael Vicks family is notorious for causing trouble i dont tihnk it was mike becuase he would have way to much to lose.
You missed the point - here: You make millions of dollars per year.  You surround yourself by people who break the law.  You lose your livelihood.  Who's fault is that?  It's yours - you reap what you sow.

The point is he shouldn't be hanging around with people who make it seem likely that he's carrying drugs or holding dog fights!!!  And if his stock drops because of all of this, HE DID IT TO HIMSELF BY ASSOCIATING HIMSELF WITH A-HOLES.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6650
michael vick is made out of glass
ShellShock.PwN
+31|6793|Barrie Ontario

Pug wrote:

ShellShock.PwN wrote:

Pug wrote:

I don't.

You missed the point - here: You make millions of dollars per year.  You surround yourself by people who break the law.  You lose your livelihood.  Who's fault is that?  It's yours - you reap what you sow.

The point is he shouldn't be hanging around with people who make it seem likely that he's carrying drugs or holding dog fights!!!  And if his stock drops because of all of this, HE DID IT TO HIMSELF BY ASSOCIATING HIMSELF WITH A-HOLES.
He was involved witth the ring? i didnt know that information was available. Plus all that was said was he owns the house, does it say its his friends?

Last edited by ShellShock.PwN (2007-04-30 10:24:22)

ShellShock.PwN
+31|6793|Barrie Ontario
"In the last week, Vick's name surfaced when police in Virginia arrested his cousin on drug charges at rural property the quarterback owns. Police reported that during their investigation they found neglected animals and evidence of dog fighting, including veterinary medications, treadmills for training and blood-soaked carpets similar to the ones used in fight pits."

Where does it say he was arrested? It says His cousin was arrested at the home. Mike Vick just Owns the home.
Pug
Exactly - why is Michael Vick allowing his drug dealing dog fighting cousin on his property?  Is it worth the risk?
ShellShock.PwN
+31|6793|Barrie Ontario
he was trying to help his family out. im guessing his family was in a tight spot and he had the money to help them. They took advantage of him and now he knows about it. the only reason he is involved is because its his name on the sheet.

Last edited by ShellShock.PwN (2007-04-30 10:42:07)

Pug
I'm having trouble believing he is completely unaware.  If your own cousin was capable of something like this, my guess is you wouldn't be surprised this happened.  So why would you put yourself in a situation where it could happen, and that you reputation can be tarnished because of it?

You may notice I've never said Vick was guilty of anything except for self-defeating behavior of associating with the wrong people...
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6772|UK
Gotta go with pug here...
UGADawgs
+13|6327|South Carolina, US
Vick is such an embarrassment. This is the third or fourth dumb thing that he has done in the last couple years. He's honestly not all that great, and if he's found to have had a major part in this dogfighting ring, then the managers of the Falcons ought to just dismiss him .
logitech487
+16|6409|From The State Of Taxes
Million dollar body ten cent brain
ShellShock.PwN
+31|6793|Barrie Ontario

Pug wrote:

I'm having trouble believing he is completely unaware.  If your own cousin was capable of something like this, my guess is you wouldn't be surprised this happened.  So why would you put yourself in a situation where it could happen, and that you reputation can be tarnished because of it?

You may notice I've never said Vick was guilty of anything except for self-defeating behavior of associating with the wrong people...
Well thats the thing 90% of people that find out a family member is in the wrong will do nothing to stop them, Why? because they are family and you dont want to turn on your family. I apologize, i dint realize you never said he was guilty but too many times ive seen player after player get involved in situation only to have them wronfully accused and ripped apart by the media. a player just got suspended for a year because he was at a club where a shooting took place. it was his party but it has not bin proven that he was the shooter. so its theese kind of topics that egg me on.
Pug

ShellShock.PwN wrote:

Well thats the thing 90% of people that find out a family member is in the wrong will do nothing to stop them, Why? because they are family and you dont want to turn on your family. I apologize, i dint realize you never said he was guilty but too many times ive seen player after player get involved in situation only to have them wronfully accused and ripped apart by the media. a player just got suspended for a year because he was at a club where a shooting took place. it was his party but it has not bin proven that he was the shooter. so its theese kind of topics that egg me on.
No, you got me right...just effing with you.  I think Vick is guilty as hell.  As for the other guy:

Who Pacman Jones?

A little history:

On July 13, 2005 Jones was arrested on charges of assault and felony vandalism stemming from a nightclub altercation.

On September 5, 2005 Jones was a guest at the annual Nashville Sports Council Kickoff Luncheon. After a loud verbal tantrum when he was told to wait in line for his vehicle later that evening, Jones was counseled by the police. He also refused to pay for any valet services used that evening.

In October 2005, in a petition filed by the State of West Virginia, it was alleged that Jones had not made regular and sufficient contact with his probation officer and that he did not report his July arrest in Nashville in a timely fashion. The court ordered the probation extended for a period of 90 days, although the state requested it to be extended one year.

On August 25, 2006, Jones was arrested in Murfreesboro, Tennessee for disorderly conduct and public intoxication after claiming that a woman stole his wallet. She claimed that she did not steal anything and Jones spat on her. Police officers said they ordered Jones to leave several times, but he refused, continuing to shout profanities at the woman. A judge granted him six months probation on the conditions that he stays out of further trouble and away from the nightclub.

On October 26, 2006. Jones was cited for misdemeanor assault for allegedly spitting in the face of a female student from Tennessee State University during a private party at Club Mystic, a Nashville nightclub. He was suspended by the Titans for one game and was scheduled to be booked on the charge on November 17, 2006.

Feburary 16-18, 2007, during the 2007 NBA All-Star Game weekend in Las Vegas, Jones is alleged to have been involved in an altercation with an exotic dancer at a local strip club. According to the club's co-owner, Jones approached the stage with a garbage bag filled with approximately $81,000 in one-dollar bills. Jones proceeded to throw the money into the air over the exotic dancers for a dramatic effect, an act known as "making it rain". Becoming enraged when one of the dancers began taking the money without his permission, Jones grabbed her by her hair and slammed her head on the stage. A security guard intervened and scuffled with members of Jones' entourage of half a dozen people, during which time Jones allegedly bit the guard on the lower leg. Jones then allegedly threatened the guard's life. After the patrons of the club exited, the club owner says a person in Jones' entourage returned with a gun and fired into a crowd, hitting three people, including the security guard involved in the earlier skirmish. Although the guard was shot twice, one of the people hit, former professional wrestler Tommy Urbanski, was paralyzed from the waist down. Jones maintains that he did not know the shooter, although the club's owner insists that Jones did. On March 26, 2007 the Las Vegas Police recommended to the city's district attorney that Jones be charged with one count of felony coercion and also a misdemeanor count of battery and a misdemeanor count of threat to life.

More trouble followed Jones after the altercation, when drug dealer Darryl Moore reported to the police after being busted during a deal about his phone conversations with Jones. "We gotta slow down, man. We gotta get him focused on football, man. He's focused on too much other shit," Moore is alleged to have said. Wiretapped phone conversations between Moore and his friends revealed Moore talking about how Jones bet on college games to earn quick money. "You know, I was talkin' to him the other day about smokin', and he was like 'man, if I didn't smoke I couldn't take all the stress that I'm dealing with right now,'" Moore said.

Boy, it sure sounds like a setup to me, since he "only" incited the incident that lead to a shooting (if it wasn't him).  My favorite is the tantrum thing in 2005, where he was invited to be a guest in front of hundreds of high school and lower grades to show them how to act when they have it made.

Get a grip.  Pacman is a big suck bag and has no business being in society, much less making millions of dollars.

Don't you think it's about time we remove the privileges that go along with playing a sport if you can't act appropriately?

But even beyond that, that's say that Pacman is being framed - why is he hanging around a drug dealer?  How smart is that?  And poor Vick, his cousin's criminal background doesn't factor into the equation?  Like I said, it's gonna bite them in the ass and I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

My fantasy football league has a prize BTW - the first person who has a player arrested has to pay everyone $5.  The longest we've made it is week 3.  Considering the fact that we are only drafting about 1/5 of the players in the NFL, that says a lot.

Frankly I'm sick of hearing about the poor millionaires who can't live without breaking the law, how they've been given a raw deal because they don't have the common sense to put themselves in situations that don't result in allegations.  And for effs sake, look to people like Tiger or Andre Agassi or Wayne Gretzky.  You have a choice when you are a pro, you reap what you sow.
ShellShock.PwN
+31|6793|Barrie Ontario
well b/c the nfl  is trying to to set an example they just picked a bad time to do it because it was in the middle of the case. If they want to start suspending people start with ray lewis's and lenoard little's of the nfl. Yea he has a prior offenses but to suspend him on this one while its still going is a bit pre-mature.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard