-101-InvaderZim
+42|6853|Waikato, Aotearoa
For those of you that are currently running Vista, the following is a website that lists every (or almost)
every Vista driver for anything you have. From Web cams to sound cards and everything in between.

Check it out

http://www.radarsync.com/vista/
kilgoretrout
+53|6480|Little Rock, AR
i just want to say that vista sucks.  it's a huge resource hog and it doesn't do anything that makes it worth upgrading from xp...
Yaocelotl
:D
+221|6659|Keyboard

kilgoretrout wrote:

i just want to say that vista sucks.  it's a huge resource hog and it doesn't do anything that makes it worth upgrading from xp...
Well said . And you know what? karma for you .
Titch2349
iz me!
+358|6362|uk

kilgoretrout wrote:

Have you ever used Vista?

Vista is amazing, it is quicker than XP, it is more stable than XP, it is more secure than XP, and it is more fun to use than XP.
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6669|The darkside of Denver
Vista will be a good OS as soon as the dirver issues are worked out.  When i first upgraded they didnt have SLi drivers for DX9 cards, so my second card was just a case warmer. There are beta drivers now but the performance in gaming is very very poor.  Once there are good Nforce drivers im going back to vista.
Titch2349
iz me!
+358|6362|uk

<SS>SonderKommando wrote:

Vista will be a good OS as soon as the dirver issues are worked out.  When i first upgraded they didnt have SLi drivers for DX9 cards, so my second card was just a case warmer. There are beta drivers now but the performance in gaming is very very poor.  Once there are good Nforce drivers im going back to vista.
Yeah, but Nvidia are the only company i have had problems with for Vista drivers. Every other application i have works fine.

Just because of Nvidia, doesnt mean that the whole is Vista is shit.

I am getting sick of people saying "Vista is shit" when they havent tried it themselves.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6640|Washington, DC

Titch2349 wrote:

kilgoretrout wrote:

Have you ever used Vista?

Vista is amazing, it is quicker than XP, it is more stable than XP, it is more secure than XP, and it is more fun to use than XP.
Yes, no, maybe, maybe, yes. And yes, I tried it myself. Maybe my computer sucks?
Sir Killa4live
+12|6657
I use Vista

After the first inital getting the shit togheter and finding your new little workarounds (u also had ur little personal workarounds in XP)

i can say:

-Its faster than a clean XP install ( i had both a clean XP and a clean Vista install this week on the samen PC, i already did a clean XP install and had to wait for Vista Business Upgrade to be delivered) and i can now clearly operate on seperate fronts (finally Dual-Core use, opposed to XP where u would have a annoying interval)
-Its more fun to use than XP
-When ur used to it, its way easier to use than XP
-Definately more secure than XP(but i spend 2 night figuring out why my downloads time-outed after around  5 or 6 minutes)
-Way more functionality (complete backups, partially schedueled backups, u name it, Vista has it)
-Vista drivers for 7600GT work fine, no FPS loss compared to XP)

Note: i used to be a big Vista hater too, until i got Windows Vista Business and Office 2007 Enterprise.
herrr_smity
+156|6637|space command ur anus
THANK you vista have been driving me crazy

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard