Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6436|North Carolina

Fierce_Teapot wrote:

lowing wrote:

It is this "so what" attitude like bubbalo, sergeriver and jonsimon has that is going to be the downfall of our country. I truly believe this.
the downfall of your country will be the interfering attitude your government seems to have with world affairs. That is the main reason people feel aggrieved by your country and want to harm you and your allies.

The sooner America minds its own business and focuses instead on pollution, its health system and its poor, the sooner the world can move on from this Middle East dominated agenda.
Amen....  +1
Fierce_Teapot
+3|6529

fadedsteve wrote:

Terrorists and those who try to engage in terrorism can absolutely be defeated! al-Qaeda as an organization CAN be defeated, insurgents CAN be defeated, regimes who harbor/fund/support terrorists groups CAN be defeated.
The only way to defeat terrorism is to take away their cause. You need to ask why they can easily recruit people to blow themselves up. Here is one reason: Because The US does so many things to upset Nations and families.

One stray bomb from a Jet might not mean much to you sat in the middle of the USA - but to someone in Afghanistan or Iraq who is struggling to survive it means a lot when it happens to them.

Or if a US funded Israeli tank flattens a Palestinian house because of a some suicide bomb attack - should the owner blame the suicide bomber or the Israeli army? Its a slightly tougher call when it actually involves you.

Last edited by Fierce_Teapot (2007-04-28 12:41:09)

Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6787|United States of America

Fierce_Teapot wrote:

lowing wrote:

It is this "so what" attitude like bubbalo, sergeriver and jonsimon has that is going to be the downfall of our country. I truly believe this.
the downfall of your country will be the interfering attitude your government seems to have with world affairs. That is the main reason people feel aggrieved by your country and want to harm you and your allies.

The sooner America minds its own business and focuses instead on pollution, its health system and its poor, the sooner the world can move on from this Middle East dominated agenda.
Don't you understand these people will hate us even if we do leave them alone? We hadn't done anything to them to start 9/11. We have to take a stand against these SOB's.
Fierce_Teapot
+3|6529

Miller wrote:

Don't you understand these people will hate us even if we do leave them alone? We hadn't done anything to them to start 9/11. We have to take a stand against these SOB's.
why do you have this paranoid attitude?  Do you really think things will improve each time someone dies due to an american bullet or shell? Did you guys learn nothing from Vietnam?

Do you feel that people envy your nation in some way, or feel jealous? Let me just say - they dont. The odd Mexican or Cuban searching for a quick buck might - but as time goes by, less and less people look up to or feel jealous of America.

Take Finland for example, they dont tread on peoples' toes and no-one hates them. It really is that simple.

(Dont get me started on 9/11, do you really think a poor Arab who had a few lessons in a cessna could steer a passenger jet into a building? And even IF it was a terrorist group, why would that justify invading Afghanistan? And finally, Iraq was nothing to do with terrorists until you guys invaded and turned into a cesspit)

Still wonder why people dislike your nation?

Last edited by Fierce_Teapot (2007-04-28 12:51:49)

Turquoise
O Canada

Miller wrote:

Fierce_Teapot wrote:

lowing wrote:

While it is true that some people are just flat out insane (many of the extremists), you're missing the point.

No amount of war will end terror.  In fact, Iraq seems to support the opposite notion.  The Middle East is now more turbulent than it was before Saddam was deposed.  We've essentially increased terror by invading Iraq.

Instead of invasions, we need to improve our airport, border, and dock security.  We need to be very careful whose corporate interests we support in the Middle East.  When we improve our relations with certain Middle Eastern governments and the people of these countries, we will see less terror.

In addition to all this, Afghanistan is where the real War on Terror is being fought.  Iraq really has little to do with terrorism, at least when it comes to terror against America.  That's more like a civil war -- a conflict we no longer have any rational reason to mess with.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6793

Fierce_Teapot wrote:

(Dont get me started on 9/11, do you really think a poor Arab who had a few lessons in a cessna could steer a passenger jet into a building?
I was taking you serious till now.

You are now considered a nut job.  If Finland is so great, go to a forum in Finland and don't worry about us.
Fierce_Teapot
+3|6529

usmarine2005 wrote:

Fierce_Teapot wrote:

(Dont get me started on 9/11, do you really think a poor Arab who had a few lessons in a cessna could steer a passenger jet into a building?

You are now considered a nut job.  If Finland is so great, go to a forum in Finland and don't worry about us.
I have a head and I use it. The exact minute I saw those planes hit the towers my brain told me "yeah right, what will America do next?" ... I really cant connect a handful of numpty's with 9/11 - I mean. Even crashing a bus takes some skill, either by forcing the driver to do so, or by doing it yourself.

if you like to let CNN do your thinking then have fun for the rest of your life being a little sheep, marine boy.

Last edited by Fierce_Teapot (2007-04-28 12:56:26)

Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!

Fierce_Teapot wrote:

Miller wrote:

why do you have this paranoid attitude?  Do you really think things will improve each time someone dies due to an American bullet or shell? Did you guys learn nothing from Vietnam?

Do you feel that people envy your nation in some way, or feel jealous? Let me just say - they don't. The odd Mexican or Cuban searching for a quick buck might - but as time goes by, less and less people look up to or feel jealous of America.

Take Finland for example, they don't tread on peoples' toes and no-one hates them. It really is that simple.

(Don't get me started on 9/11, do you really think a poor Arab who had a few lessons in a Cessna could steer a passenger jet into a building? And even IF it was a terrorist group, why would that justify invading Afghanistan? And finally, Iraq was nothing to do with terrorists until you guys invaded and turned into a cesspit)

Still wonder why people dislike your nation?
I don't care who is jealous of this country or not. Finland is much too small for anyone to hate, it doesn't have a history behind or a religion the extremists want to get rid of.

And by saying what you did about 9/11 are you implying the government did it? It is very possible to fly a passenger jet after learning to fly a Cessna, it's hard but can be done. Afghanistan was justified as having the people responsible for 9/11.  Afghanistan is better off now than then.

Iraq is different. Saddam was funding terrorism, it's like saying that Ahminjeds whatever his name is, isn't funding terrorism either. What we were worried about is the WMD getting into a terrorists hands. The fight is now over there, not here. Politically, the US lost. Thanks Dems! Soon it will be militarily too

Vietnam was a war that we were winning, until people started moaning about it. Vietnam was a waste of American lives once we pulled out, until then it was worth it. Let it be known that those who forced the pull out are responsible for millions of deaths of the South Vietnamese.
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!

Fierce_Teapot wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

Fierce_Teapot wrote:

I have a head and I use it. The exact minute I saw those planes hit the towers my brain told me "yeah right, what will America do next?" ... I really cant connect a handful of numpty's with 9/11 - I mean. Even crashing a bus takes some skill, either by forcing the driver to do so, or by doing it yourself.

if you like to let CNN do your thinking then have fun for the rest of your life being a little sheep, marine boy.
I agree with Marine, you're a nutjob. BTW, CNN is crap, Fox wins.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6793

Fierce_Teapot wrote:

Wow.  You are an idiot.  Go talk about Karkand or something.
Turquoise
O Canada

Fierce_Teapot wrote:

(Dont get me started on 9/11, do you really think a poor Arab who had a few lessons in a cessna could steer a passenger jet into a building? And even IF it was a terrorist group, why would that justify invading Afghanistan? And finally, Iraq was nothing to do with terrorists until you guys invaded and turned into a cesspit)
Um...  I can assure you that 9/11 was NOT an inside job.  Do you really think the Bush administration is competent enough to pull off something like that and not get it completely exposed?...

We were justified in invading Afghanistan because of the Taliban's connection to the hijackers and Al Quida.  I agree that Iraq was completely unrelated to terror though....
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6683|USA

Fierce_Teapot wrote:

lowing wrote:

The sooner America minds its own business and focuses instead on pollution, its health system and its poor, the sooner the World can move on from this Middle East dominated agenda.
Yup, but nobody wants us to mind our own business when it is THEM who needs the help. Ain't that right Europe? How much money does the US pump into your economies every year. What would happen to your towns and cities economies, that surround OUR military installations if we left.

Everyone wants us to mind our on business right up until THEY are adversely affect by us minding our own business. Typical Eurotrash philosophy.
Turquoise
O Canada

Fierce_Teapot wrote:

There's no doubt in my mind that my government exploited the hell out of 9/11 and still does.  That's still very different from saying they actually created the tragedy.
Fierce_Teapot
+3|6529

Turquoise wrote:

There's no doubt in my mind that my government exploited the hell out of 9/11 and still does.  That's still very different from saying they actually created the tragedy.
Did I say they did? I just think there is rather more to those events than is told.

--------

haha. this proves my point so well.

the good ole US of A defends itself regardless of the actual point being raised. Well, I should say, the good old right wing parts of it. You guys wont learn anything if you just blank out any statement you dont like the sound of. You need to think about stuff before just jumping to the insults.

I am a nut job? Maybe. But in 50 years time Im sure we'll all see where this goes. But if you call me a nut job you can at least expect a retort.

So I reiterate. baaa.

Last edited by Fierce_Teapot (2007-04-28 13:03:42)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6793

No wonder we have never seen you in this section.
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!

usmarine2005 wrote:

No wonder we have never seen you in this section.
Turquoise
O Canada

Miller wrote:

Iraq is different. Saddam was funding terrorism, it's like saying that Ahminjeds whatever his name is, isn't funding terrorism either. What we were worried about is the WMD getting into a terrorists hands. The fight is now over there, not here. Politically, the US lost. Thanks Dems! Soon it will be militarily too.
Saddam wasn't funding terror.  He was too busy terrorizing his own people to care about terrorizing anyone else.

Ahmadinejad is funding terror, but he's far more dangerous than Saddam was.

By the way, WMD issue was complete bullshit with Iraq.  We already knew what most of his WMD's were because we fucking sold them to him.  When this administration pulled out the nuke card, that's when they and some Democrats were flat out lying.  Saddam never had nukes, and by 2002, we had no rational reason to believe it either.

Miller wrote:

Vietnam was a war that we were winning, until people started moaning about it. Vietnam was a waste of American lives once we pulled out, until then it was worth it. Let it be known that those who forced the pull out are responsible for millions of deaths of the South Vietnamese.
Vietnam was a waste from the very beginning.  It was an unnecessary war, and the only way to "win" it would have involved burning the entire country to the ground.

Last edited by Turquoise (2007-04-28 13:16:42)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6793

Turquoise wrote:

Vietnam was a waste from the very beginning.  It was an unnecessary war, and the only way to "win" it would have involved burning the entire country to the ground.
Would you not say it helped win the Cold War?
Turquoise
O Canada

Fierce_Teapot wrote:

haha. this proves my point so well.

the good ole US of A defends itself regardless of the actual point being raised. Well, I should say, the good old right wing parts of it. You guys wont learn anything if you just blank out any statement you dont like the sound of. You need to think about stuff before just jumping to the insults.

I am a nut job? Maybe. But in 50 years time Im sure we'll all see where this goes. But if you call me a nut job you can at least expect a retort.

So I reiterate. baaa.
I didn't call you a nutjob, and as many others can attest, I'm definitely not right-wing.

The point is, while we will probably never know the whole truth of what led up to 9/11, most of the blame should be aimed at the terrorists themselves.

Granted, our intelligence agencies royally fucked up that entire situation.  They should've stopped this before it began.
Turquoise
O Canada

usmarine2005 wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Would you not say it helped win the Cold War?
Not really...  Vietnam didn't really help us, and it didn't really hurt the Communists.  It just really hurt Vietnam, and hurt us as well.

Thousands of young men died in a futile war, while an entire nation was left in ruin.

The Korean War was much more necessary and successful.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6793

Turquoise wrote:

The Korean War was much more necessary and successful.
Aye
Skexis
+6|6490

lowing wrote:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/04/27/saudi.arrests/index.html

I am sure it was gunna be nothin'
Look. I don't think many people would deny that terrorism and its dangers to our interests overseas is real. The question is the degree to which you're willing to expand the premises of terrorist cells to the religion itself.

Do I think Islam has terrorists operating under its banner? Yes. Do I think that means it is coercive in and of itself?

Well, let me put it this way. I have to chuckle when I see so many pro-gun people say in one breath how it's not the thing itself that does the damage, but the person who uses it, and in the next breath talk about some kind of inherent evil seeping it's way out of Arab countries.

Last edited by Skexis (2007-04-28 13:34:57)

jonsimon
+224|6527

Skexis wrote:

Well, let me put it this way. I have to chuckle when I see so many pro-gun people say in one breath how it's not the thing itself that does the damage, but the person who uses it, and in the next breath talk about some kind of inherent evil seeping it's way out of Arab countries.
QFE. +1
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6683|USA

Skexis wrote:

lowing wrote:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/04/27/saudi.arrests/index.html

I am sure it was gunna be nothin'
Look. I don't think many people would deny that terrorism and its dangers to our interests overseas is real. The question is the degree to which you're willing to expand the premises of terrorist cells to the religion itself.

Do I think Islam has terrorists operating under its banner? Yes. Do I think that means it is coercive in and of itself?

Not sure where you are going with this.

I don't blame the gun for a persons crime I blame the person. I don't blame the bomb or the suicide vest for the explosion, I blame the person detonating it. Show me the double standard.

I do not blame Islam for the violence that is committed "under its banner", I blame the people who are committing the violence " under its banner" and those people are Islamic.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6632|132 and Bush

FYI the guy I mentioned captured yesterday was the one who was planned the London bombings. In case you wanted to know.

Abu Mustafa Al-Sheibani is now in custody also. He was on the Iraqi governments top list.
Xbone Stormsurgezz

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard